+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff U23 side

Cardiff U23 side

Includes Tomlin, Cunningham and Smithies.

https://twitter.com/cf11academy/stat...733918720?s=21

Re: Cardiff U23 side

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

And Patterson which is good news.

And Patterson which is good news.
    What about Paterson

What time is ko?

and Paterson.

That kinda rules them guys out of team travelling to Wigan.
    F@@k me Tomlin must of really upset Warnock !

The whole Tomlin thing really gets to me. I hope I'm wrong but his inclusion in the U23s today tells me he'll be out of the door again by Thursday. If he is, I'll be gutted. He offers something different to anyone else in the squad and could make that vital difference. He's obviously worked hard during pre-season but it all seems futile.

Although he no doubt has off-the-field issues - that may have worsened during his time with his - surely NW would have had a fair idea of the type of character he was bringing in. Despite only a handful of appearances during his two years at the club, he still seems to be someone that most City fans want to see play. It just seems a waste of a signing and it's pointless him still being on our books. I'd love nothing more than to be reminded of this post during the season when he's pulling the strings for us between midfield and attack, although somehow I can't see it happening.

The writing is on the wall for Smithies, Cunningham and Tomlin. And Madine too if he wasn't injured. Not sure what is wrong but to have Day ahead of Smithies says a lot. And no full back cover with Richards injured too. I suppose Bacuna could cover it if there was an injury. Tomlin doesn't surprise me but the support Warnock has given him and then to not pick him for the squad when we have no midfield to speak of is again says it all. I think the club want to offload those players' wages and get a bit of fee income in too. The way Warnock has treated them seems odd, but we don't know what has happened behind the scenes.

If you include Madine that's £15m of transfers fees on players who won't even be in the squad.

Finished 4-1 to City. Callum Paterson opened the scoring after a goalless first half, Ben Margetson made it 2-0, James Waite scored the third and then got another one after Kortrik pulled a goal back.

Very impressive first half for the Under 18s at Southampton as well, they're 4-0 up at the interval.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    The writing is on the wall for Smithies, Cunningham and Tomlin. And Madine too if he wasn't injured. Not sure what is wrong but to have Day ahead of Smithies says a lot. And no full back cover with Richards injured too. I suppose Bacuna could cover it if there was an injury. Tomlin doesn't surprise me but the support Warnock has given him and then to not pick him for the squad when we have no midfield to speak of is again says it all. I think the club want to offload those players' wages and get a bit of fee income in too. The way Warnock has treated them seems odd, but we don't know what has happened behind the scenes.

If you include Madine that's £15m of transfers fees on players who won't even be in the squad.
    Re Tomlin, he can't play centre mid. That would be a disaster. Madine will probably start vs Wigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Re Tomlin, he can't play centre mid. That would be a disaster. Madine will probably start vs Wigan.
    Madine is doubtful according to the match preview on the BBC Sport website.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Finished 4-1 to City. Callum Paterson opened the scoring after a goalless first half, Ben Margetson made it 2-0, James Waite scored the third and then got another one after Kortrik pulled a goal back.

Very impressive first half for the Under 18s at Southampton as well, they're 4-0 up at the interval.
    Finished 0-5. Fair play that's an outstanding result.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Madine is doubtful according to the match preview on the BBC Sport website.
    I think they'll look for him to play now Glatzel is out. Is Bogle next cab off the rank if not?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    The whole Tomlin thing really gets to me. I hope I'm wrong but his inclusion in the U23s today tells me he'll be out of the door again by Thursday. If he is, I'll be gutted. He offers something different to anyone else in the squad and could make that vital difference. He's obviously worked hard during pre-season but it all seems futile.

Although he no doubt has off-the-field issues - that may have worsened during his time with his - surely NW would have had a fair idea of the type of character he was bringing in. Despite only a handful of appearances during his two years at the club, he still seems to be someone that most City fans want to see play. It just seems a waste of a signing and it's pointless him still being on our books. I'd love nothing more than to be reminded of this post during the season when he's pulling the strings for us between midfield and attack, although somehow I can't see it happening.
    You can't miss someone you never had. Ship him out and save the wages.

Tomlin's personal issues have got worse since he was with us. It might be in his best interests that he moves closer to Leicester to be with his son. Contrary to popular belief, he did have a house in Cardiff. I don't know if he still does but he did. Either way, he's gone out of his way to praise Warnock and I hope it works out here but it looks like it won't. We've got Reid and Patto in that role, and Tomlin strikes me as the type of player who needs to be playing or he goes stale. There are lots of them about!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You can't miss someone you never had. Ship him out and save the wages.
    That's my point. As well as saving on the wages, we could have saved the £2m (?) transfer fee. So why sign him in the first place? Surely he was signed to play a role in the way NW wanted us to play. It seemed doomed from the start......so as I say, why sign him?

That's my point. As well as saving on the wages, we could have saved the £2m (?) transfer fee. So why sign him in the first place? Surely he was signed to play a role in the way NW wanted us to play. It seemed doomed from the start......so as I say, why sign him?
    He wanted him to be our Taarabt, and then we started bullying teams and Tomlin's personal problems started to affect him. Also, he was getting more rotund by the minute. When he was starting, he was absolutely blowing after 10 minutes.

Commission?

I imagine Warnock bought him and thought he had it in him to turn him around, so never thought it would come to this. I hope he's sorted himself out, Tomlin that is... but his future is certainly not here, I imagine this transfer has ruined the later years of his career. I get the impression even if Tomlin has his issues, he's still an unprofessional urchin. He won't be missed. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I really hope you're wrong. Give me Danny Ward all day long. Please god, no more Madine in a City shirt.

Because nobody could forsee what was to happen after he came?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I get what you mean, just that it seems the writing was on the wall pretty much as soon as he signed. Going back to the point around saving money on wages, why didn't we just cut our losses and get rid of him? This is the second pre-season he's been brought back for since being in NW's bad books, with almost no chance of him featuring. Just don't see why he's still on the books if, as seems likely, his 2-year stay to date has resulted in just 5 league starts.

I get what you mean, just that it seems the writing was on the wall pretty much as soon as he signed. Going back to the point around saving money on wages, why didn't we just cut our losses and get rid of him? This is the second pre-season he's been brought back for since being in NW's bad books, with almost no chance of him featuring. Just don't see why he's still on the books if, as seems likely, his 2-year stay to date has resulted in just 5 league starts.
    He's gone out on loan in the PL season so we've probably saved wages there.
    First season was disappointing agreed, he did ok when he featured but obviously wasn't fit enough of the time to play.

I don't think he's "back" for a second time, I think he's gotten fit and being given game time to put him in the shop window. I think he will be out the door by Thursday. Shame as I'd like him to stay.

They only narrowly defeated Haverfordwest 3-2 on Tuesday night so I wouldn't get too excited. Haven't a clue who was playing in the team though as there was no programme.