+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manga

Manga

Apart from the midfielder that we've needed all summer I think Manga could be the big miss this season.

His pace dug us out of the $hit countless times over the past few seasons and sadly I don't think we've got that sort of defender with that pace in our ranks any more. 90 minutes ago I thought we would go up in top two. The reality is a lot more grim and purely down to the club and those that pull the strings putting their head in the sand.

Re: Manga

Curtis Nelson is pretty quick I believe.

I like manga and think at cb he was good for us, rb, he did what he could. Its funny though, read many times this weekend how we missed him yet over the last two seasons I read loads about how he wasn't good enough.

Nelson is definitely that defender but whether Warnock will give him a chance is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I like manga and think at cb he was good for us, rb, he did what he could. Its funny though, read many times this weekend how we missed him yet over the last two seasons I read loads about how he wasn't good enough.
    Same with Gunnar.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Apart from the midfielder that we've needed all summer I think Manga could be the big miss this season.

His pace dug us out of the $hit countless times over the past few seasons and sadly I don't think we've got that sort of defender with that pace in our ranks any more. 90 minutes ago I thought we would go up in top two. The reality is a lot more grim and purely down to the club and those that pull the strings putting their head in the sand.
    PACE !!!!!!!!!

A 49 seater coach could turn faster than Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yes I thought the same , it was the same with Gunner , you take them for granted and judge them too harshly when with us , gosh I can remember folk disliking the Whitts , Gunner midfielder and the same for the excellent Steve Mcphail.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Nelson is definitely that defender but whether Warnock will give him a chance is another matter.
    That's what's called a brave choice and risky if he fails and we fall I'm sure he will get a right kicking from some fans .

That's why we need to give a big clap too Joe Day on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's what's called a brave choice and risky if he fails and we fall I'm sure he will get a right kicking from some fans .

That's why we need to give a big clap too Joe Day on Saturday
    Totally agree but like to think we bought Nelson and the rest because they could play first team football. Otherwise what was the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Curtis Nelson is pretty quick I believe.
    I think he might use him as he did with Bamba to protect the new slow centre half partnership, just in front at the back of the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    PACE !!!!!!!!!

A 49 seater coach could turn faster than Manga
    Still faster than Morrison and Flint.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdKyo8Qpgp0

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I think he might use him as he did with Bamba to protect the new slow centre half partnership, just in front at the back of the midfield.
    I'd play Nelson. It's balls over the top that killed us on Saturday and you can't do anything about that in defensive mid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Still faster than Morrison and Flint.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdKyo8Qpgp0
    I’m faster than Morrison and Flint and I’ve got two dodgy knees

Pity you can’t find the two videos where players left him for dead !!!
    One was at Ipswich 2 seasons ago, very embarrassing

I’m faster than Morrison and Flint and I’ve got two dodgy knees

Pity you can’t find the two videos where players left him for dead !!!
    One was at Ipswich 2 seasons ago, very embarrassing
    He's got his faults but boy did we miss him on Saturday.

He's got his faults but boy did we miss him on Saturday.
    No, we missed a goal scorer at the other end !!!

Oh, and a Kav or Whitt’s in the middle

No, we missed a goal scorer at the other end !!!

Oh, and a Kav or Whitt’s in the middle
    We conceded 3 goals, and they missed a penalty. We missed someone with pace at the back and more protection in the midfield. We made Pilkington and Windass look like Messi and Ronaldo.

We conceded 3 goals, and they missed a penalty. We missed someone with pace at the back and more protection in the midfield. We made Pilkington and Windass look like Messi and Ronaldo.
    Exactly. If you’re going to play both Flint and Morrison, then you need more pace at full back to cover, Peltier is a good defender but not got much pace and it doesn’t help that Bennett gets caught ball watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Exactly. If you’re going to play both Flint and Morrison, then you need more pace at full back to cover, Peltier is a good defender but not got much pace and it doesn’t help that Bennett gets caught ball watching.
    You can't play those two unless we play a very, very deep back line and Etheridge needs to be right off his line. I have only seen the goals once but all game it was balls over the top on the counter. They weren't going to break us down but our lack of pace was exposed so much in the transition. We're also asking Morrison to do something he's not been doing for the entire time under Warnock in sweep up behind. We miss Bamba terribly. I think Warnock will remedy the situation by playing Paterson as the furthest forward centre mid, to give our midfield a bit more physicality.

You can't play those two unless we play a very, very deep back line and Etheridge needs to be right off his line. I have only seen the goals once but all game it was balls over the top on the counter. They weren't going to break us down but our lack of pace was exposed so much in the transition. We're also asking Morrison to do something he's not been doing for the entire time under Warnock in sweep up behind. We miss Bamba terribly. I think Warnock will remedy the situation by playing Paterson as the furthest forward centre mid, to give our midfield a bit more physicality.

The 2nd and 3rd goals came directly from poor clearance kicks by Day !!

Watch ‘um, all our players are to Day’s right and he kicks left, leaving our players having to race back, facing their own net.

Nothing to do with defending, it was poor clearances by Day

Watch ‘um, all our players are to Day’s right and he kicks left, leaving our players having to race back, facing their own net.

The penalty was given because Morrison was too slow, the second Morrison has a 10 yard head start and still loses the race. They were dropping balls over the top all game. We're also ridiculously open for both goals, they were bringing the ball down on their chest and popping it about at will. That would never have happened in 17/18 in front of our back 4.

In fairness, we regrouped after the poor kicks and still had plenty of time to close down a player before they got a shot off. Morrison didn’t stop the shot for 2nd goal and neither did Peltier for the 3rd, both completely stood off.

Hopefully it was just one of those games at the start of the season and gives the whole team a bit of a kick up the arse ahead of the Luton game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    In fairness, we regrouped after the poor kicks and still had plenty of time to close down a player before they got a shot off. Morrison didn’t stop the shot for 2nd goal and neither did Peltier for the 3rd, both completely stood off.

Hopefully it was just one of those games at the start of the season and gives the whole team a bit of a kick up the arse ahead of the Luton game.
    Well the way they were kicking Saturday, they’d all miss the ARSE