Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
The vox pop and charts thing wasn't a real challenge for you. Someone of your self-professed intelligence and ability to think logically should surely be able to understand obvious sarcasm. I said it in relation to your comment: "We don't hear the dumbed down generation complaining about countries where they execute homosexuals and adulterers , prevent females going to school or perform genocide , but they're incandescent with rage that a free country allows its citizens personal responsibility and freedom from state intervention before any crime has been committed ."

I'd like to know how many of these people you actually know to even be aware of what they say or believe. It's the usual shit espoused by those who can't back up their own arguments so they invent a new one, with a nice side of whataboutism. If the dumbed down generation were complaining about the things that you mentioned (which they very obviously do), which alt-right website or news channel that you so obviously frequent would you be able to access that information from? (see, I can generalise too).

It would take 100 years to reduce gun crimes?! To just reduce it... really? Even as little as not having more than one mass shooting every single day? (There have been 253 confirmed mass shootings (four or more people being shot) so far this year in the States - we're on day 216).

Even if something took a long time to fix, is it not worth even trying? (isn't that the motto of the Brexiteers?)

My motto is "Dieu et mon droit" actually. Can't speak for anyone else.

Look, I must offer you respect for putting your point as logically as is possible with the material available and without the rudeness which is very common here, ( don't mind anyone taking the piss though, please don't think I'm that precious).

It's kind of unstructured with respect so it's hard to answer concisely. Firstly, I don't think I've ever particularly professed intelligence, but more importantly ,generalisation is a very effective and important human ability without which we wouldn't have survived, so don't knock it - it's only been denounced quite recently by this intolerant dumbed down generation I spoke of.

As you get older you eventually speak to lots and lots of people and do stuff yourself during which you tend to reach conclusions which are probably more reliable than news channels and polls because you know they're true. I'm sure you're right that some of these kids occasionally complain about third world brutalities, ( after all , they complain about everything ), but we don't get this constant withering fire of protest about - for example- terrorist and other attacks in Pakistan where deaths are regularly numbered in hundreds , that we hear about gun laws in the World's leading democracy.

You don't have to start compiling statistics on it because it'd be hard to avoid noticing it.

I'm not quite sure what an alt right website is, but I think you must have been reading an alt wrong one. Best not to take too much notice of any of them though really because they've all got an agenda.

It's vital really to be suspicious of all " news and information " channels and services.

All I'm concerned with is the truth as far as I can discern it and you may see it differently. You almost certainly won't think any of that stuff in 20 years time by the way, but I don't disrespect or dislike you for forming your own opinions and whether I happen to agree or not I'm very keen on preserving your ability to express them insofar as that idea still exists in the U.K.

Without getting too complex ,there are very good reasons for the 2nd amendment and in my opinion they outweigh the unintended harmful consequences . Someone said something like, " Those who give up their liberties in exchange for security will end up losing both and deserving neither ".
I tend to think that if you went into a bit you'd probably agree, and probably will in the future , but in the mean time I don't think we have to be angry with the other because we see things a bit differently. I'm sure we both only want the best outcome.