+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting

Re: Another mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was convinced this thread couldn't get more bonkers when I posted my, completely ignored, contribution to it this morning - not a bit of it!
    I have an excuse for today (but only today) a Brain scan shortly, will either give me closure after 9 years, or will keep the doubt renting a space in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I met a guy in Texas who shot dead a Mexican who had broken into his home (and got away with it scot-free) and a militia man who was convinced that the UN's intention was to take over the world and that he would be ready for them. He also thought that European leaders were communist. And who was out Prime Minister at the time? Margaret Thatcher. To think that such people have access to guns is truly frightening.
    I don't know if it's still the case now, as I haven't been there for at least 15 years, but I used to find most Americans were very insular/parochial in their attitude, with very few having travelled outside the USA. Hence plenty of scope for some pretty wacky ideas about foreign governments/foreigners. The exceptions were the people I used to meet on business trips who were working for the same multinational pharma company as me - they had a much more informed global outlook.

Most "ordinary" Americans who we met on our holiday travels were very polite and helpful, a strange paradox really. We had three very long road trip-type holidays over there so we were frequently well away from the usual touristy places. Most people had no idea where Wales was, if indeed they had heard of it at all!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    How aren’t we all in agreement with this topic
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I have an excuse for today (but only today) a Brain scan shortly, will either give me closure after 9 years, or will keep the doubt renting a space in my head.
    Good luck mate

Very sorry to hear that.

Fingers crossed - I hope all goes well.

Good luck Nelson. Hope all goes well!

Best of luck with that .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    By the way, I think it's probably unlikely that you'll come up with anything that's hard for me to understand and I wouldn't ordinarily point that out but like some of your little gang you seem to be trying to occupy the intellectual high ground , and that's frankly preposterous.
    This is almost Donald like, I am actually embarrassed for you. Are you going to challenge me to an IQ test now?

Donny’s words.....

https://twitter.com/politico/status/...954715648?s=21

NRA have been on the blower it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Donny’s words.....

https://twitter.com/politico/status/...954715648?s=21

NRA have been on the blower it seems.
    "Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger" which is why I rolled back laws on people with mental illnesses getting guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This is almost Donald like, I am actually embarrassed for you. Are you going to challenge me to an IQ test now?

I don't think that's necessary .

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Considering you can't use punctuation correctly, I'd stop giving it the whole I'm better than you schtick. It doesn't suit you.

And in comes another of the weak boys to aim an impotent kick !

And in comes another of the weak boys to aim an impotent kick !
    I'm not the one taking the moral high ground. Also, it should be kick!

If you're going to say how much better you are than everyone else and how your understanding is so vastly superior to everyone else, then perhaps you could actually demonstrate it by using correct spelling and grammar? Instead you serve up absolute drivel and derail every thread.

IMO, there is an underground civil war going on in Merica at the moment, I understand that its their 2nd amendment right but don't think i could ever want, or agree with it, mass shootings/killings have not suddenly become a norm in the land of the FREE!, but i cannot remember mass shootings politicised in the way that they are currently, there was also an incident in Chicago which hasn't received as much attention, prolly because only 7 got injured, but it was a multiple incident. I note this morning that Cloudfire have pulled their hosting for 8chan, but another hosting Co. will take it on, if there is a buck to be made!!!. It's a sick world at the moment and we end up arguing on here who is the sickest, if a human wants it that bad enough they will find a way, Thomas Hamilton and Michael Ryan managed to pull it off in a country with relatively strict gun ownership laws, I do think that our strict gun laws have contributed to the UK having a low incident count, that low, i could remember these two names without having to bing. Knife crime? now that's a different story.

All quite right. Thing is that even if we think strict gun laws would achieve anything in terms of reducing gun crime, ( which I don't think it would in a huge country with so many guns already out there), is that a price worth paying ?
    Personally I'd say it's not, and I don't think that some of the people here can understand that lots and lots of Americans would strongly agree with me on that.
    It's a very very different country to the UK now, and the gap is getting wider all the time. These people tend to believe in God, distrust politicians and the state, and will fiercely defend their own right to decide what they say and whether they want to own a gun. That's very at odds with the way we carry on these days and the somewhat docile and subservient stance our own youngsters have.
    I don't think they can imagine why anyone doesn't want the state, or them , to step in and protect them from themselves.

I think that's very sad because we used to have a great country which produced dynamic individuals, but it's probably gone too far now and there's not much point in denying it.

If you're going to say how much better you are than everyone else and how your understanding is so vastly superior to everyone else, then perhaps you could actually demonstrate it by using correct spelling and grammar? Instead you serve up absolute drivel and derail every thread.
    It'll be a real Clash of the Titans if and when he and Wales Bales ever disagree on something.

Well that's your opinion, and you're perfectly entitled to it. Unfortunately it's not likely to influence anything much or bother anyone.

Incidentally, how have I derailed any thread, micro brain ?

Incidentally, how have I derailed any thread, micro brain ?
    Your constant rambling and telling everyone how you know more than everyone else. Reminds me of WB and his detailed knowledge of planes, which of course turned out to be absolute rubbish.

Why does your use of the comma change throughout this thread? Sometimes you put a comma correctly, like I just have. Then other times you do this , and continue. And sometimes you do this,and then carry on. I could understand someone making the same mistake repeatedly but your constant changes in grammar would suggest you're pretending to be someone else?

All quite right. Thing is that even if we think strict gun laws would achieve anything in terms of reducing gun crime, ( which I don't think it would in a huge country with so many guns already out there), is that a price worth paying ?
    Personally I'd say it's not, and I don't think that some of the people here can understand that lots and lots of Americans would strongly agree with me on that.
    It's a very very different country to the UK now, and the gap is getting wider all the time. These people tend to believe in God, distrust politicians and the state, and will fiercely defend their own right to decide what they say and whether they want to own a gun. That's very at odds with the way we carry on these days and the somewhat docile and subservient stance our own youngsters have.
    I don't think they can imagine why anyone doesn't want the state, or them , to step in and protect them from themselves.

I think that's very sad because we used to have a great country which produced dynamic individuals, but it's probably gone too far now and there's not much point in denying it.
    Conversely, lots and lots of Americans may strongly disagree with you too.

Yeah of course they would, but I think they're in the minority at the moment. Either way, it's a matter for them to decide and in the unlikely event that they get the numbers to amend the Constitution they'll be able to go that way.
    My original point was that I don't know why all these kids here think they've got a right to demand this change in another country, and that they get much less excited about far worse problems elsewhere .

Truthfully, I think they go mad on certain issues without understanding them, and these are the same issues which the political establishment promotes so they're probably just parrot tin views which they think will make them popular and make them look clever .

Yeah of course they would, but I think they're in the minority at the moment. Either way, it's a matter for them to decide and in the unlikely event that they get the numbers to amend the Constitution they'll be able to go that way.
    My original point was that I don't know why all these kids here think they've got a right to demand this change in another country, and that they get much less excited about far worse problems elsewhere .
    'Kids having the right to demand a change in another country' is a pretty woolly concept when it's more a case of people expressing exasperation at mass shootings, albeit in a different jurisdiction.

Parroting - it won't let me edit

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    'Kids having the right to demand a change in another country' is a pretty woolly concept when it's more a case of people expressing exasperation at mass shootings, albeit in a different jurisdiction.
    How can you be exasperated about something you have no right or ability to change ?

How can you be exasperated about something you have no right or ability to change ?
    Do you never get exasperated about, say, the weather?

Exasperation is not a sentiment that is limited to situations where one is helpless to change conditions oneself. Someone who buys a sailing boat may be exasperated that he or she is unable to use it on a week's holiday due to lack of wind. And there are millions of other examples, many of which may involve the suffering of other human beings.