+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting

Re: Another mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Of course there already are laws to prevent convicted felons or mentally ill people from owning or having guns, which is obviously a good idea.
    There are no background checks required during a private sale, the seller also isn't obliged to record the sale. So unless you are an incredibly stupid criminal or mentally ill person you know exactly how to get hold of a deadly weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    There are no background checks required during a private sale, the seller also isn't obliged to record the sale. So unless you are an incredibly stupid criminal or mentally ill person you know exactly how to get hold of a deadly weapon.

Yeah that’s true and you can introduce checks for gun shows but that’s impractical . You’ve got to understand that there are much easier ways to get illegal guns in the USA and always will be because there are millions and millions of them already in circulation

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So it isn't in the US constitution

Its ok to admit you made a mistake

This has been argued for years and it’s been held that the Declaration is part of the Constitution, but if you like I made a mistake because it’s really not a competition

Different thing. No reason why there shouldn't be laws against using guns or anything else in a dangerous way.

A speed limit isn't banning cars is it ?
    Gun control isn't banning guns is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is a pretty brutal takedown of Trump's baby photo op.

https://www.thecut.com/amp/2019/08/t...-shooting.html
    It is isn't it. You get more cynical about all politicians the older you get, but this lot are on a different level completely - awful, awful human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It is isn't it. You get more cynical about all politicians the older you get, but this lot are on a different level completely - awful, awful human beings.
    A two month old orphaned as his parents were protecting him from a gunman as they were doing the food shopping. No one would think it appropriate to pose with a thumbs up next to this baby. You're wrong to use the word human being in this context.

Any other president would have been crucified for this. But in Trump's America it will have made no difference to his popularity.

The baby had already left the hospital and they asked to get him brought back for the photo op.

****ing ghouls

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights "

Which is actually from the Declaration of Independence , but is considered in law to comprise a preamble to the USC, and taken as the legal definition of "inalienable "
    More akin to Citizens' Rights than Human Rights perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Gun control isn't banning guns is it?

Depends on the level of control.
    Those who drive the movement for gun control want them out of the hands of the people for sinister motives. They really don't care about human suffering or they wouldn't be constantly instituting pointless wars for financial benefit.
    Being very sly , they weaponise the naive sensibilities of the fluoride generation to create the impression that giving up their own ultimate means of self protection.

It's like trying to persuade a kid not to take sweets from a kindly stranger who's offering them a lift to Disneyland.

Those who drive the movement for gun control want them out of the hands of the people for sinister motives. They really don't care about human suffering or they wouldn't be constantly instituting pointless wars for financial benefit.
    Being very sly , they weaponise the naive sensibilities of the fluoride generation to create the impression that giving up their own ultimate means of self protection.

It's like trying to persuade a kid not to take sweets from a kindly stranger who's offering them a lift to Disneyland.
    Let me get this straight. You're saying that people in the US who want gun control are also all starting wars to make money?

None of them are parents who just don't want guns at their kids school?

Why do you bother? The man posts on here 20 hours a day and it’s all fantasy. He’ll never change his mind, he’ll never admit he’s talking bollocks and he’ll never be rational.

What a steaming pile of horse shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Why do you bother? The man posts on here 20 hours a day and it’s all fantasy. He’ll never change his mind, he’ll never admit he’s talking bollocks and he’ll never be rational.
    I'll get bored of it long before he does, no question there.

20 hours a day ?
    No son , I just turn it on occasionally if I sit down to rest my sciatica.

I've put a view here which is perfectly rational and which is quite consistent with the motives and beliefs of the Founding Fathers and countless millions of Americans and others who consider individual rights more important than the promises of tyrants to protect people.
    These promises are never kept, by the way, and if decent men were disarmed criminals and lunatics would still get guns to commit atrocities .
    That's almost by the way though. The more pressing issue here is that we've got a gang of political fanatics who can't back up their beliefs with logical thought so they react by becoming angry and abusive.

After a very long time of studying related subjects, dealing with the practical side of these issues and considering the arguments against the broader pattern of human history and behaviour, I'm supposed
    to " change my mind and admit I'm talking bollocks ", on the say so of a few kids who wouldn't know an SLR from a banjo or name 10 American Revolutionaries without googling it.

Well, guess what ? I don't have to go along with your views because I think they're wrong and foolish, and I'm afraid that I don't much care if you get angry about that or whether my opinion is popular with your little message board clique. I've used this quote here before , but it says it all - " Those who give up their Liberty for security will deserve neither and end up losing both "

Do you think anyone reads all that?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    What a steaming pile of horse shit.
    You repeatedly come out with this sort of thing. I very much doubt that you go around saying stuff like this to people's faces, and I wish you'd try to avoid this tendency to personal abuse just because it's a message board

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Do you think anyone reads all that?
    I expect so, but that's up to them isn't it ?
    Pity some people here didn't read more stuff before they started redesigning the world really.

20 hours a day ?
    No son , I just turn it on occasionally if I sit down to rest my sciatica.

I've put a view here which is perfectly rational and which is quite consistent with the motives and beliefs of the Founding Fathers and countless millions of Americans and others who consider individual rights more important than the promises of tyrants to protect people.
    These promises are never kept, by the way, and if decent men were disarmed criminals and lunatics would still get guns to commit atrocities .
    That's almost by the way though. The more pressing issue here is that we've got a gang of political fanatics who can't back up their beliefs with logical thought so they react by becoming angry and abusive.

After a very long time of studying related subjects, dealing with the practical side of these issues and considering the arguments against the broader pattern of human history and behaviour, I'm supposed
    to " change my mind and admit I'm talking bollocks ", on the say so of a few kids who wouldn't know an SLR from a banjo or name 10 American Revolutionaries without googling it.

Well, guess what ? I don't have to go along with your views because I think they're wrong and foolish, and I'm afraid that I don't much care if you get angry about that or whether my opinion is popular with your little message board clique. I've used this quote here before , but it says it all - " Those who give up their Liberty for security will deserve neither and end up losing both "
    You are acting like nowhere in the world has ever successfully introduced gun control measures.

You can't criticise people for being entrenched when your own position is that even if gun control measures reduced gun crime, you still wouldn't support them. In addition to this you purposefully conflate gun control with banning guns and knowingly mislead about criminals and 'mentally ill' being able to purchase firearms legally, in short you know yourself that there is loads that the American administration could do, short of banning guns, that would go some way to reducing the chances of innocent people dying. Not exactly covering yourself in glory, and then when someone points this hypocrisy out you belittle them whilst also somehow playing the victim.

If I have been manipulated into wanting less American children murdered then so be it, at the very least it is a defensible position.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    You are acting like nowhere in the world has ever successfully introduced gun control measures.

You can't criticise people for being entrenched when your own position is that even if gun control measures reduced gun crime, you still wouldn't support them. In addition to this you purposefully conflate gun control with banning guns and knowingly mislead about criminals and 'mentally ill' being able to purchase firearms legally, in short you know yourself that there is loads that the American administration could do, short of banning guns, that would go some way to reducing the chances of innocent people dying. Not exactly covering yourself in glory, and then when someone points this hypocrisy out you belittle them whilst also somehow playing the victim.

If I have been manipulated into wanting less American children murdered then so be it, at the very least it is a defensible position.

Nowhere in the world has the citizen retained the whip hand over government except the USA.

I don't think I conflated gun control with banning guns, in fact I said that you could introduce some regulations if you wanted to without breaking the 2nd amendment and pointed out that felons and lunatics are already banned from having guns. I also said that this would be impossible to enforce in the real world because there are so many guns already in circulation.
    You say I misled or attempted to mislead about felons and lunatics , but in fact you rather make the point for me that this existing legislation is hard or impossible to enforce.
    I dont accept that my view is hypocritical and I certainly haven't belittled anyone by standing up to them when they attempted to do exactly that to me.

In considering the idea of fewer American children being murdered, and even if we thought that would work , ( which it wouldn't ), surely we must consider the other effects of what we're doing ?

America is an armed society in which people regard the right to defend themselves against assaults or tyrany as fundamental.

There are already hundreds of millions of guns in circulation and criminals won't hand theirs in because you make it illegal.

There are many many remote locations where the police can't come and protect you from armed attack, bears or mountain lions, or home invasion, so they need their guns.

There's a constitutional duty to take up arms against a tyrannical government or foreign invasion, and this is the only area where banning private guns would be effective, which is exactly why those who insist upon wars every few years for their personal enrichment are pushing it so hard.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^
    that would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    that would be like shooting fish in a barrel.