+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I have an excuse for today (but only today) a Brain scan shortly, will either give me closure after 9 years, or will keep the doubt renting a space in my head.
    Good luck mate

I have an excuse for today (but only today) a Brain scan shortly, will either give me closure after 9 years, or will keep the doubt renting a space in my head.
    Very sorry to hear that.

Fingers crossed - I hope all goes well.

Good luck Nelson. Hope all goes well!

Best of luck with that .

I had the brain scan about 30 mins after this post, and yesterday, 1 month after the scan had the results, a bit of a mixed bag, a clot still exists creating blockage in some veins, the brain works out alternative routes to drain the blood!!!, although no significant size change either way since the reference scan in 2011, the positive was that the indication of stroke shown in the reference scan is no longer apparent!!, once again the Staff at the Heath and my Doctor have been 100% brilliant.

I have watched the last few games on the interweb via one method or another, not wanting to put the boot in have been disappointed with the performances/quality of football, it's still early in the season but it does seem one season too far for NW although lets hope he turns the wick up with these players.

I had the brain scan about 30 mins after this post, and yesterday, 1 month after the scan had the results, a bit of a mixed bag, a clot still exists creating blockage in some veins, the brain works out alternative routes to drain the blood!!!, although no significant size change either way since the reference scan in 2011, the positive was that the indication of stroke shown in the reference scan is no longer apparent!!, once again the Staff at the Heath and my Doctor have been 100% brilliant.

I have watched the last few games on the interweb via one method or another, not wanting to put the boot in have been disappointed with the performances/quality of football, it's still early in the season but it does seem one season too far for NW although lets hope he turns the wick up with these players.
    Would like to wish you all the best in your recovery, and while the test results are mixed it has to be great news that the effects of your stroke are no longer apparent. All the best for the future.

It does put some of the petty bullshit we argue about on here into perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was convinced this thread couldn't get more bonkers when I posted my, completely ignored, contribution to it this morning - not a bit of it!
    You should be flattered your post got ignored

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You should be flattered your post got ignored
    Yes, I was thinking that .

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You'd have to wear a trench coat to accommodate all your stickers
    I’d easily pick both (or more) of you out
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 05-08-19 at 13:00. Reason: Realised that both maybe inaccurate

How aren’t we all in agreement with this topic

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    How aren’t we all in agreement with this topic
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    By the way, I think it's probably unlikely that you'll come up with anything that's hard for me to understand and I wouldn't ordinarily point that out but like some of your little gang you seem to be trying to occupy the intellectual high ground , and that's frankly preposterous.
    This is almost Donald like, I am actually embarrassed for you. Are you going to challenge me to an IQ test now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This is almost Donald like, I am actually embarrassed for you. Are you going to challenge me to an IQ test now?

I don't think that's necessary .

Donny’s words.....

https://twitter.com/politico/status/...954715648?s=21

NRA have been on the blower it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Donny’s words.....

https://twitter.com/politico/status/...954715648?s=21

NRA have been on the blower it seems.
    "Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger" which is why I rolled back laws on people with mental illnesses getting guns.

Yeah of course they would, but I think they're in the minority at the moment. Either way, it's a matter for them to decide and in the unlikely event that they get the numbers to amend the Constitution they'll be able to go that way.
    My original point was that I don't know why all these kids here think they've got a right to demand this change in another country, and that they get much less excited about far worse problems elsewhere .

Truthfully, I think they go mad on certain issues without understanding them, and these are the same issues which the political establishment promotes so they're probably just parrot tin views which they think will make them popular and make them look clever .

Yeah of course they would, but I think they're in the minority at the moment. Either way, it's a matter for them to decide and in the unlikely event that they get the numbers to amend the Constitution they'll be able to go that way.
    My original point was that I don't know why all these kids here think they've got a right to demand this change in another country, and that they get much less excited about far worse problems elsewhere .
    'Kids having the right to demand a change in another country' is a pretty woolly concept when it's more a case of people expressing exasperation at mass shootings, albeit in a different jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    'Kids having the right to demand a change in another country' is a pretty woolly concept when it's more a case of people expressing exasperation at mass shootings, albeit in a different jurisdiction.
    How can you be exasperated about something you have no right or ability to change ?

How can you be exasperated about something you have no right or ability to change ?
    Do you never get exasperated about, say, the weather?

Exasperation is not a sentiment that is limited to situations where one is helpless to change conditions oneself. Someone who buys a sailing boat may be exasperated that he or she is unable to use it on a week's holiday due to lack of wind. And there are millions of other examples, many of which may involve the suffering of other human beings.

Truthfully, I think they go mad on certain issues without understanding them, and these are the same issues which the political establishment promotes so they're probably just parrot tin views which they think will make them popular and make them look clever .
    So, you think this was wrong from when you were their age?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2818967.stm

Here's another one while I'm at it.

http://comms.dsgioemcomputing.com/?m...12ADVIEPCWGAME

I was there actually ! I wasn't demonstrating though.
    That aside, I thought a lot of stuff which was nonsense when I was that age, but I didn't go round being as rude to decent people as some of this lot do, ( besides the point I know ). Might I have been naive and daft enough to think I was able to comment on such a complicated issue ? Maybe, but I think I'd have listened if someone who'd been around the block a bit put a different view and I'd have known that I probably still had a bit to learn .
    To be honest with you Bob, I think I was more concerned at that age by the idea of making my own way and trying to get involved in the wider world than I was by theorising from afar on foreign affairs.

I expect that I suffered from all the faults of youth, but someone has to point out to kids that there's usually another side to things and that's all I was doing really .

I was there actually ! I wasn't demonstrating though.
    That aside, I thought a lot of stuff which was nonsense when I was that age, but I didn't go round being as rude to decent people as some of this lot do, ( besides the point I know ). Might I have been naive and daft enough to think I was able to comment on such a complicated issue ? Maybe, but I think I'd have listened if someone who'd been around the block a bit put a different view and I'd have known that I probably still had a bit to learn .
    To be honest with you Bob, I think I was more concerned at that age by the idea of making my own way and trying to get involved in the wider world than I was by theorising from afar on foreign affairs.

I expect that I suffered from all the faults of youth, but someone has to point out to kids that there's usually another side to things and that's all I was doing really .
    The fact that those kids who were demonstrating and not listening to their elders were proved right (as the anti Aparthied demonstrators of a year later were as well) means nothing to you then?

Parroting - it won't let me edit