Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting

Re: Another mass shooting

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I don't think that's necessary .
    Spacebar, full stop

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Conversely, lots and lots of Americans may strongly disagree with you too.
    Can confirm that there are lots and lots and lots and lots of people in the USA. I am a stupid person though so you might want to check with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Can confirm that there are lots and lots and lots and lots of people in the USA. I am a stupid person though so you might want to check with someone else.
    As you may have gathered, such a phrase is not one I would use myself

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Conversely, lots and lots of Americans may strongly disagree with you too.
    67% favour stricter gun laws apparently: https://www.voanews.com/usa/ap-norc-...icter-gun-laws

How can you be exasperated about something you have no right or ability to change ?
    You should look up what the word means.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Your constant rambling and telling everyone how you know more than everyone else. Reminds me of WB and his detailed knowledge of planes, which of course turned out to be absolute rubbish.
    If you had read the interim report, you would have noticed that my observations were fairly accurate.

This thread has given me a new respect for teachers who work with difficult teenagers.

This thread has given me a new respect for teachers who work with difficult teenagers.
    What about Teenagers who work with difficult teachers?

I have never witnessed such an astonishingly clear and pronounced example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action as I have when reading your posts.

Your constant rambling and telling everyone how you know more than everyone else. Reminds me of WB and his detailed knowledge of planes, which of course turned out to be absolute rubbish.

Why does your use of the comma change throughout this thread? Sometimes you put a comma correctly, like I just have. Then other times you do this , and continue. And sometimes you do this,and then carry on. I could understand someone making the same mistake repeatedly but your constant changes in grammar would suggest you're pretending to be someone else?

What's wrong with you ?

"Why does your use of the comma change throughout this thread? Sometimes you put a comma correctly, like I just have. Then other times you do this , and continue. And sometimes you do this,and then carry on. I could understand someone making the same mistake repeatedly but your constant changes in grammar would suggest you're pretending to be someone else? "

You don't 'put' a comma, you 'use' it. If you wanted to say 'put', you'd have to add something like' in the sentence', because the verb 'put' must be qualified.
    You meant 'as' I just have, not 'like' I just have, and you can't start a sentence with 'and'.

I mean, no one's supposed to be marking grammar or spelling on a ****ing message board , but if you're going to do that, at least get it right and don't make an utter twat of yourself whilst you're trying to be clever .

What's wrong with you ?

"Why does your use of the comma change throughout this thread? Sometimes you put a comma correctly, like I just have. Then other times you do this , and continue. And sometimes you do this,and then carry on. I could understand someone making the same mistake repeatedly but your constant changes in grammar would suggest you're pretending to be someone else? "

You don't 'put' a comma, you 'use' it. If you wanted to say 'put', you'd have to add something like' in the sentence', because the verb 'put' must be qualified.
    You meant 'as' I just have, not 'like' I just have, and you can't start a sentence with 'and'.

I mean, no one's supposed to be marking grammar or spelling on a ****ing message board , but if you're going to do that, at least get it right and don't make an utter twat of yourself whilst you're trying to be clever .

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    I have never witnessed such an astonishingly clear and pronounced example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action as I have when reading your posts.
    Thank you, I'm very flattered !

Of course, since you have absolutely no idea about me , it's a brave diagnosis. Did you really think that or were you just trying to give the impression that you're a very learned and perceptive individual ?
    I think there's a name for that too actually.

Thank you, I'm very flattered !

Of course, since you have absolutely no idea about me , it's a brave diagnosis. Did you really think that or were you just trying to give the impression that you're a very learned and perceptive individual ?
    I think there's a name for that too actually.
    Want more of a diagnosis? I reckon you've lived a very unfulfilling and mostly lonely life - and you can't put your finger on why..

Want more of a diagnosis? I reckon you've lived a very unfulfilling and mostly lonely life - and you can't put your finger on why..
    Does the name Walter Mitty suddenly come to mind?

Why does your use of the comma change throughout this thread? Sometimes you put a comma correctly, like I just have. Then other times you do this , and continue. And sometimes you do this,and then carry on. I could understand someone making the same mistake repeatedly but your constant changes in grammar would suggest you're pretending to be someone else?
    If you are discussing his punctuation technique, you should refer to it as such.

No, not at all. I've been lucky enough, by the grace of God, to be quite successful in three different professions and I'm consequently quite comfortable. I've also been on TV and radio, and written a few things, met two prime ministers and two presidents as well as inumerable high profile people. I've got eleven grandchildren and lots of stuff.
    I've been very fortunate.
    Of course, your answer to all this will be that I'm making it up. I'm not in fact, but you probably don't think any of that is possible or that anyone like that would be speaking to you. Well, that's your problem, not mine, but I do regret it for your sake . You see, I don't tell lies, just as I wasn't telling lies about the half witted WB conspiracy theory .

I'll tell you what is very nasty and unpleasant on your part though. You honestly believe that you're speaking to someone of no consequence and who is suffering the effects of a dissapointing life, but you want to rub their nose in that, which is really quite wicked and spiteful.
    Unfortunately there are many people like you who kill the dreams and ambitions of youngsters by telling them they're ordinary, and it's a thing I despise.
    I'll take the opportunity, therefore , to advise any youngsters reading this to recognise characters like you who will tell them that they must live unexceptional lives in predetermined circumstances and ignore their attempts to limit to you - they're just jealous and scared that you'll show them up for the nonentities they are.

I think you're a nasty little bugger actually, but I'm afraid you happened to guessed wrong, and on this occasion you'll have to take your put down pie and eat it yourself.

No, not at all. I've been lucky enough, by the grace of God, to be quite successful in three different professions and I'm consequently quite comfortable. I've also been on TV and radio, and written a few things, met two prime ministers and two presidents as well as inumerable high profile people. I've got eleven grandchildren and lots of stuff.
    I've been very fortunate.
    Of course, your answer to all this will be that I'm making it up. I'm not in fact, but you probably don't think any of that is possible or that anyone like that would be speaking to you. Well, that's your problem, not mine, but I do regret it for your sake . You see, I don't tell lies, just as I wasn't telling lies about the half witted WB conspiracy theory .

I'll tell you what is very nasty and unpleasant on your part though. You honestly believe that you're speaking to someone of no consequence and who is suffering the effects of a dissapointing life, but you want to rub their nose in that, which is really quite wicked and spiteful.
    Unfortunately there are many people like you who kill the dreams and ambitions of youngsters by telling them they're ordinary, and it's a thing I despise.
    I'll take the opportunity, therefore , to advise any youngsters reading this to recognise characters like you who will tell them that they must live unexceptional lives in predetermined circumstances and ignore their attempts to limit to you - they're just jealous and scared that you'll show them up for the nonentities they are.

I think you're a nasty little bugger actually, but I'm afraid you happened to guessed wrong, and on this occasion you'll have to take your put down pie and eat it yourself.
    Yes, you're very definitely making it up. Also, sort your f.ucking grammar out you annoying, mentally ill, old c.unt. Apologies if this is all a bit offensive but muh freeze peach an all that.

You can always tell a liar as they say "I don't tell lies".

Yeah of course they would, but I think they're in the minority at the moment. Either way, it's a matter for them to decide and in the unlikely event that they get the numbers to amend the Constitution they'll be able to go that way.
    My original point was that I don't know why all these kids here think they've got a right to demand this change in another country, and that they get much less excited about far worse problems elsewhere .

Truthfully, I think they go mad on certain issues without understanding them, and these are the same issues which the political establishment promotes so they're probably just parrot tin views which they think will make them popular and make them look clever .
    So, you think this was wrong from when you were their age?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2818967.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If you had read the interim report, you would have noticed that my observations were fairly accurate.
    Praise the Lord! "Fairly accurate" is not usually an admission that someone was wrong, but it's probably the closest we'll ever get to seeing it from you .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Here's another one while I'm at it.

http://comms.dsgioemcomputing.com/?m...12ADVIEPCWGAME

All quite right. Thing is that even if we think strict gun laws would achieve anything in terms of reducing gun crime, ( which I don't think it would in a huge country with so many guns already out there), is that a price worth paying ?
    Personally I'd say it's not, and I don't think that some of the people here can understand that lots and lots of Americans would strongly agree with me on that.
    It's a very very different country to the UK now, and the gap is getting wider all the time. These people tend to believe in God, distrust politicians and the state, and will fiercely defend their own right to decide what they say and whether they want to own a gun. That's very at odds with the way we carry on these days and the somewhat docile and subservient stance our own youngsters have.
    I don't think they can imagine why anyone doesn't want the state, or them , to step in and protect them from themselves.

I think that's very sad because we used to have a great country which produced dynamic individuals, but it's probably gone too far now and there's not much point in denying it.
    People who believe in God:
    Dynamic
    Self determining

People who don't believe in God
    Subservient
    Docile

That's certainly one way to look at it!!

First you got angry at all the 'youngsters' for questioning American gun policy. Now you are belittling the same people for being 'subservient and docile' when you are clearly quite chuffed at being a puppet controlled by the invisible and undetectable flying spaghetti monster. You are just a big bag of contradictions.

I am not a psychologist but it seems to me that several posters on this thread urgently need counselling.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I was there actually ! I wasn't demonstrating though.
    That aside, I thought a lot of stuff which was nonsense when I was that age, but I didn't go round being as rude to decent people as some of this lot do, ( besides the point I know ). Might I have been naive and daft enough to think I was able to comment on such a complicated issue ? Maybe, but I think I'd have listened if someone who'd been around the block a bit put a different view and I'd have known that I probably still had a bit to learn .
    To be honest with you Bob, I think I was more concerned at that age by the idea of making my own way and trying to get involved in the wider world than I was by theorising from afar on foreign affairs.

I expect that I suffered from all the faults of youth, but someone has to point out to kids that there's usually another side to things and that's all I was doing really .

Yes, you're very definitely making it up. Also, sort your f.ucking grammar out you annoying, mentally ill, old c.unt. Apologies if this is all a bit offensive but muh freeze peach an all that.

Why apologise ?
    You're a nasty little pixie trying to draw others into a vortex of negativity and you're proud of it.

It won't get you anywhere, and that's a certainty, but I hope you don't pull too many others down to your level .

Actually I shouldn't really have said all that, and whether or not you believe it is of absolutely no consequence to anyone except you - perhaps it's better that you don't ,because it probably burns you to imagine that anyone could escape from the webs of desolation which your kind spin around them.

Of course it would be better for you to think again and rehabilitate yourself. You don't impress me with your fake wisdom and terms you got from Dr. Google and I hope people will have the good sense not to be sucked into the black hole of energy which you try to create for them.