+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morrison and Flint

Morrison and Flint

Both good defenders individually. But as a pairing I can’t see it working. We are going to struggle against anyone with a bit of pace. Josh Windass caused all sorts of problems and he’s far from the best striker in the league.

Ralls and Bacuna need to offer more protection too.

Re: Morrison and Flint

You're quite right but to me the weakness was in midfield. We lacked an enforcer, Gunner was so missed badly and our wingers need to do the defensive side of the game better.

We have needed a quality midfielder all summer. Instead we spent most of it signing third choice goalkeepers and a centre half who won't see more than a few games if everybody stays fit.

Surely those at the club can't be surprised in any way by the midfield giving away the lion's share of possession and offering little to no protection. It has been happening since Warnock has been here and nobody seems to want to sign anybody to remedy the situation.

We could get away with having slow centre backs if our full backs had any pace

I thought I'd accidentally pressed the slowmo button on the remote watching Flint on Saturday. He made Morrison look like a seasoned 100 metre sprinter.