+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madine or Bogle

Madine or Bogle

I'm still down in the dumps after a long trip to Wigan and watching a mediocre performance on our part. We obviously need to sort out the defence and midfield pdq because yesterday we were under the weather in both areas of play.

However, with the debut of Glatzel coming soon I wonder who will be given the second berth as striker. Judging by yesterday's performance it surely has to be Bogle. Madine was ok when he was on but in truth never looked the part. Bogle on the other hand grabbed his chance with both hands. He appears to link well with our other forward players, gets into good positions and always looks capable of scoring. I for one would love to see Madine sent packing and that would be a further vote of confidence in Bogle.
    Last edited by Dorcus; 04-08-19 at 15:47. Reason: Spelling errors

Re: Madine or Bogle

for me Bogle...seems to had an ok pre-season

Bogle is the only natural finisher at the club and has done well here in my opinion given that nigh on all his appearances have come from the bench.

As an aside I think Bogle would’ve flourished in a Dave Jones team.
    Warnock has said he doesn’t have much success with strikers but after 40 years of management he must realise it’s his style of football that’s the problem, not every striker he’s had.

Bogle.

Bogle liked his finish and pre season goals I think he has ability, just needs to work on a cool head and touch, all of which comes with game time .

He's only just turned 25.

Since 2017 he's played 60 odd games at 4 clubs.

Has to be Bogle - the one hes scored yesterday is more than Madine since he been here

If it was Madine or Charlie Chuck I'd go for Chuck every time.
    I'm sorry that it hasn't worked out for Gary Madine, but it's never going to work for him here.
    Bogle's not really good enough either to be honest , but if that's all we've got so be it.

Like Tomlin, I feel Bogle is making up the numbers until Warnock wants shot of him. Hope the lad is given another opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm still down in the dumps after a long trip to Wigan and watching a mediocre performance on our part. We obviously need to sort out the defence and midfield pdq because yesterday we were under the weather in both areas of play.

However, with the debut of Glatzel coming soon I wonder who will be given the second berth as striker. Judging by yesterday's performance it surely has to be Bogle. Madine was ok when he was on but in truth never looked the part. Bogle on the other hand grabbed his chance with both hands. He appears to link well with our other forward players, gets into good positions and always looks capable of scoring. I for one would love to see Madine sent packing and that would be a further vote of confidence in Bogle.
    Bogle showed enough desire in 10 minutes to deserve the shirt next time around. That's more desire than Zohore has shown in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

Madine has scored a lot of goals in the Championship but unfortunately not for us as yet! However he’s been involved with two promotions to the Premier League in the last two years whereas Bogle hasn’t yet proved himself at this level. However he has the raw talent and could succeed if he concentrates on his on field activities rather than off field diversions!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Madine has scored a lot of goals in the Championship but unfortunately not for us as yet! However he’s been involved with two promotions to the Premier League in the last two years whereas Bogle hasn’t yet proved himself at this level. However he has the raw talent and could succeed if he concentrates on his on field activities rather than off field diversions!
    I think that is being very generous to Madine! It is like saying that Ross Turnbull helped Chelsea win the Champions League....

Madine just isn’t up to it at this level and amazingly keeps being handed chances to prove himself, none of which he is capable of capitalising on.

I have only seen Bogle in fits and starts but even in that time he has looked more menacing than anything that I have ever seen Madine do.

Is Madine the most expensive striker that City has ever signed but who has never scored for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is Madine the most expensive striker that City has ever signed but who has never scored for us?
    A certain Danish striker holds that record!

Re Madine, he's not suited to our style of play at all. He's a decent player but he's so isolated most of the time and we don't get any bodies around him. Bogle is a much better player for us and he really impressed me on Saturday. I'd much rather we kept Bogle as back up to Glatzel and signed a centre mid and a centre half.

The fact that supporters are asking themselves to choose between Bogle and and Madine, tell me its going to be a long arse season.

Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Patterson
    You say that but we are a better team with Patterson in it. Whether he plays full back midfield or striker.

S
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    You say that but we are a better team with Patterson in it. Whether he plays full back midfield or striker.
    I totally agree with you, I bet the fella would be a great keeper as well

It’s my sense of humour, the same as when people use the LFW option

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    A certain Danish striker holds that record!

Re Madine, he's not suited to our style of play at all. He's a decent player but he's so isolated most of the time and we don't get any bodies around him. Bogle is a much better player for us and he really impressed me on Saturday. I'd much rather we kept Bogle as back up to Glatzel and signed a centre mid and a centre half.
    I had forgotten that he hadn't scored - and having just looked up his stats it seems that he only played 8 times for City. Shocking considering the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    The fact that supporters are asking themselves to choose between Bogle and and Madine, tell me its going to be a long arse season.
    An easier question then: would you prefer to have an arm or a leg amputated?

Madine is a waste of space. Bogle scored during pre-season and on Saturday. So Bogle.

Good job we signed Robert Glatzel then.