+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What were the questions that got answered?

First Team

What were the questions that got answered?

I believe NW said this post-match. Idle speculation will I know but I'm interested.

Re: What were the questions that got answered?

Are we capable of making a promotion challenge? (Answer - No)

I was wondering about Warnock's comment as well.

About Warnock's future perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Are we capable of making a promotion challenge? (Answer - No)
    It's been one game you lunatic

The question was...Are we good enough? And the answer was.....back to the drawing board.

One game like

Think it was just the sort of thing managers can come out with when their team produces a performance that they didn't see coming,

We got another goalie who can’t kick a football in the direction of his teammates !!!!!

If one of the questions was “Why on earth did I buy Madine and Bacuna ?” I’d like to hear the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I believe NW said this post-match. Idle speculation will I know but I'm interested.
    I suspect if he genuinely meant what he said he would be referring to certain players in certain positions.

Is Madine able to play on his own up front?
    Is Bacuna effective playing in front of the back 4?

Based solely on Saturday you'd say no. I don't think Bobby Reid covered himself in glory in Warnock's eyes either.

The question I have is shouldn't these questions have been asked...and answered pre season, and not during a league match with points at stake?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If one of the questions was “Why on earth did I buy Madine and Bacuna ?” I’d like to hear the answer.
    Madine visibly shook his head when asked to do the ayatollah. He doesn't want to be at the club. So one question that should have been answered is "should Bogle start v Luton?" He certainly looked more powerful and hungry for goals. Give him 60 - 70 mins v Luton then bring on Glatzel.
    Another question..."was the North America friendly tour any good at preparing players?"....no. Not enough game time for the team to prepare properly. The back four clearly didn't click with Flint quick to get up front but leaving gaps at the back. Are we missing Bruno/Sol? Absolutely. Are we missing Zahore? No but we need to go 4 4 1 1 or 4 4 2 (I know😁). Has Josh Murphy improved his vision and awareness? No...still goes on his own. Hasn't changed since the friendly v Torquay. And then he is slow to get back. Should Junior have played? Yes. Are we missing Patterson? Yes. Where to play him is another matter. Are we missing Gunnars? Yes. Prone to cock ups but brilliant at organising midfield and always gave 100%. And he could score the odd goal or two. Bobby Reid....should he play more centrally?Yes.....intelligent lad with perception of other team mates' positions. In the D Bobby. And, finally, one of my biggest bugbears...."should we leave one up front when the opposition have a corner?"....YES! 10 0 0 isnt a sight to behold. And get the ball out quick, Joe....presuming you are between the sticks on Saturday (throw it😁) So... plenty to do Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Can I play Morrison and Flint together, two good players but slow, answer no or certainly not with some sort of protection especially when they both are going to want to go up for the corners long throws.

In reality this is just a bullish*t statement by a manager very experienced in handling the Press who is trying to create a positive from an afternoon where there were too many negatives. Can't blame him really, it's what he has to do.

Can I play both Bobby Reid and Josh Murphy in the same starting line up? I had high hopes for both players but maybe Warnock is thinking we're too open when we play both of them ( realise the question is hypothetical!)

Did he answer the question about what Caroline street should really be called?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Can I play both Bobby Reid and Josh Murphy in the same starting line up? I had high hopes for both players but maybe Warnock is thinking we're too open when we play both of them ( realise the question is hypothetical!)
    Bobby Reid was being played further forward than when he did well vs Bournemouth etc, it was almost as if he was playing in a front 2 at times. Also, how on Earth have we managed to find a keeper that's worse with the ball at his feet than Etheridge? It is pretty impressive that he's considerably poorer!

I think one of the questions was "Have I had a good final summer transfer window?".

He probably thought that we were too open to play the formation and type of team away. Got a little carried away with how we played and set up against a Man Utd team heading for the beach and regrets trying something similar first time out in the Championship against an average team but with a confidence at home that they carried through.

Most likely targets (apart from Madine obviously) for the next away game would be Bobby Reid in advanced midfield and Josh Murphy for someone less flamboyant and willing to put in a shift. My guess would be that Patterson and Vaulks would fill the gaps at Reading based on current squad and likely fitness.