+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooney to Derby

Rooney to Derby

Player coach apparently.
    Would he be one of the best known players in the premier League era to play in the second tier? Especially as he has about 3 years left in him

Re: Rooney to Derby

Bit leftfield this one ,he will miss all that adulation,wonder if Ashley Cole had a part to play ?

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    No chance.
    Just asked the Derby manager post match, sounds like a go-er to me

Think he’ll be a good signing for them. Rooney is still class. Derby looked very good earlier. Great brace from Lawrence.

Hmmmm...I wonder which referees will allow the little fat **** to bully them from the first minute

Confirmed for January on an 18 month contract. Honestly think that's good business by Derby. In my opinion still a good player and would definitely have an influence in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Player coach apparently.
    Would he be one of the best known players in the premier League era to play in the second tier? Especially as he has about 3 years left in him
    Confirmed. Will score a few I’d imagine

Yep, he’s only 33 - can play a decent pass and can tackle back.

A lot may depend on his temperament- if he gets wound up will be interesting, but overall I would say it makes derby stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Player coach apparently.
    Signing in January but if the weather is a bit cold he won't be making his debut til the end of March if Derby get their way

Will he be in-and-out as Fowler was for us?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Will he be in-and-out as Fowler was for us?
    I would say fowler signed for us for money. I feel Rooney just wants to play.

I like Rooney. Gives a shit

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would say fowler signed for us for money. I feel Rooney just wants to play.

I like Rooney. Gives a shit
    Wild baseless speculation. Fowler was famously wealthy when he joined us and I doubt we were paying anything like the money he was used to earning. He got injured. It happens. That he left for another crack at EPL is a bit ungrateful (if understandable) and his behaviour while injured was not exactly exemplary but I don't get why Fowler is held out as a conman here.

Sounds like the chairman is on a bit of a trip, bringing in Lampard, Cole and Rooney if the speculation is true. Rooney will reportedly earn 100 grand per week.What if Derby are flying when he arrives, how would they accomodate him, would he upset the balance? They'd surely have to play him considering he's on ten times more than the majority of Derby's squad. It's a dud move in my opinion, he's 33 and playing at a god awful level.

There’s no way they’re gonna pay him 100k a week!! I mean surely not

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    There’s no way they’re gonna pay him 100k a week!! I mean surely not
    That's what i heard on the radio, could be bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sounds like the chairman is on a bit of a trip, bringing in Lampard, Cole and Rooney if the speculation is true. Rooney will reportedly earn 100 grand per week.What if Derby are flying when he arrives, how would they accomodate him, would he upset the balance? They'd surely have to play him considering he's on ten times more than the majority of Derby's squad. It's a dud move in my opinion, he's 33 and playing at a god awful level.
    I’d say the chairman is doing his best to get Derby up. Lampard was one game away from achieving it, and any championship club who’d turn down the chance of bringing in the likes of Cole and Rooney, with their vast experience wouldn’t be very ambitious imo, as long as they could afford it.

Are there plenty of “old grannies” in Derby ????

Rooney is still a quality player from what I've seen of him in the last year. Could still play bottom half Premier League no problem.

Great signing for Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Rooney is still a quality player from what I've seen of him in the last year. Could still play bottom half Premier League no problem.

Great signing for Derby.
    I'm sure you are right because he is a top class player... But worth noting that eddie johnson looked good in the US too!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I'm sure you are right because he is a top class player... But worth noting that eddie johnson looked good in the US too!
    It's also worth noting that Rooney wasn't that effective in the MLS, and the championship is a step up in quality.
    He will do the odd but of brilliance but I don't see him having a significant impact

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's also worth noting that Rooney wasn't that effective in the MLS, and the championship is a step up in quality.
    He will do the odd but of brilliance but I don't see him having a significant impact
    Weren't DC United at the bottom of their conference when Rooney joined and then narrowly missed out on the playoffs? I could be making this up, so let me know

43 appearances, 23 goals, 7 assista in the MLS doesn't qualify as effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Weren't DC United at the bottom of their conference when Rooney joined and then narrowly missed out on the playoffs? I could be making this up, so let me know
    Yeah I was going off an MLS podcast I heard the other day which was a bit sniffy about his output, and they reckoned his legs had gone, but he seems to have scored almost 1 in 2 so that may be a load of rubbish

Yeah I was going off an MLS podcast I heard the other day which was a bit sniffy about his output, and they reckoned his legs had gone, but he seems to have scored almost 1 in 2 so that may be a load of rubbish
    Eddie johnson had a similar record with Kansas City before he joined us on loan. The MLS is crap.