+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wtf is wrong with Sky?

Angry Wtf is wrong with Sky?

So looking at the fixtures I thought great I'll watch Sussex v Glammy T20 tonight recognising we'll probably get battered again.

Check the Sky Sports schedule and it's Women's T20 cricket ffs!

I've got nothing against them playing cricket but wtf tv coverage for a women's league match.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Re: Wtf is wrong with Sky?

They'll have a set number of games they'll televise for the men and women.

Also, this is the grumpiest, old man comment on here for quite some time too. Women can do what they want as long as it doesn't impede me, a man.
    I've got nothing against them playing cricket but wtf tv coverage for a women's league match.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I've got nothing against them playing cricket .
    How generous of you, I'm sure they'll be relieved

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They'll have a set number of games they'll televise for the men and women.

Also, this is the grumpiest, old man comment on here for quite some time too. Women can do what they want as long as it doesn't impede me, a man.
    I agree with Taffy Blue. Add women's sport if they want but don't replace your best content with womens sport ffs.

I used to watch La Liga on a Saturday evening and now it's been replaced by fecking netball!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree with Taffy Blue. Add women's sport if they want but don't replace your best content with womens sport ffs.

I used to watch La Liga on a Saturday evening and now it's been replaced by fecking netball!!!!
    Cheers mate, World's gone mad! Dunno my comment warrants the 'grumpy old man' tag, just wanted to watch a decent game ffs.

Don't get me on the subject of netball. Our new indoor tennis facility has been totally ruined by yellow lines all over the courts for netball...……………..

I don't think there's anything wrong with your comment. Sky know which game would gather more interest but are probably feeling pushed towards covering women's sport like everyone else. It's not a bad thing and if you live women's cricket it's fantastic, just one of those things I suppose.

I gave up sky sports when they lost la liga and champs league.

World is mad and so PC,

Ladies on gent sport shows.

Ladies playing with mens ball sports.

Men in lycra.

Ladies necking pints of Carling

Sky, or mainly the ECB want to boost the women's game. They're not showing the women's game over the Ashes. Also, nobody has picked up the La Liga rights, probably BT and Sky have overstretched themselves for the Premier League and Spanish football doesn't make a large dent in the subscriptions.

Sky, or mainly the ECB want to boost the women's game. They're not showing the women's game over the Ashes. Also, nobody has picked up the La Liga rights, probably BT and Sky have overstretched themselves for the Premier League and Spanish football doesn't make a large dent in the subscriptions.
    La liga was available for £11 million last year. The two classic games alone would justify that

La liga was available for £11 million last year. The two classic games alone would justify that
    Where did you get that from?

Cheers mate, World's gone mad! Dunno my comment warrants the 'grumpy old man' tag, just wanted to watch a decent game ffs.

Don't get me on the subject of netball. Our new indoor tennis facility has been totally ruined by yellow lines all over the courts for netball...……………..
    Agreed.

At least say it’s womens cricket, most will just assume it’s mens.

I think as soon as you say this you automatically qualify for the grumpy old man tag FYI

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think as soon as you say this you automatically qualify for the grumpy old man tag FYI
    Haha, only the kids and grandkids call me Gr*mpy. Glammy got battered as expected so probably a good thing it wasn't on.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    World is mad and so PC,

Ladies on gent sport shows.

Ladies playing with mens ball sports.

Men in lycra.

Ladies necking pints of Carling
    Yeh but until they can p1&& standing up they are not equal IMHO

Haha, only the kids and grandkids call me Gr*mpy. Glammy got battered as expected so probably a good thing it wasn't on.
    Well I'm glad it all worked out!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Where did you get that from?
    I remember reading it or hearing it on the la liga podcast with Terry Gibson and Jon Driscoll. I even wrote an email to sky about it cos I was so pissed off.

I prefer La Liga to our premier league

I remember reading it or hearing it on the la liga podcast with Terry Gibson and Jon Driscoll. I even wrote an email to sky about it cos I was so pissed off.

I prefer La Liga to our premier league
    I like it but neither BT or Sky wanted it. It's really odd I think but they've spent so much on PL and CL. Nobody has bid for it this season.

That's not the fault of the Netball. The La Liga is still broadcast, its on Eleven Sports.

I like it but neither BT or Sky wanted it. It's really odd I think but they've spent so much on PL and CL. Nobody has bid for it this season.
    Outside of the massive games some Premier League games are only getting ~200,000 viewers. I imagine Spanish was lower again so no one is spending money on it.

Football needs to be shown free to air in some form soon or a lot of the interest is going to be lost in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bezooo View Post
    That's not the fault of the Netball. The La Liga is still broadcast, its on Eleven Sports.
    It isn't. La Liga have stopped Eleven having the rights after being "disappointed" with their service last season.

I think sky bid a lot more than that but were rejected. I also think la Liga are marketing he rights to OTT platforms (DAZN, Amazon etc) rather than Direct to home services like sky or BT. If la Liga aren’t going to get the fee they want for UK rights from the traditional broadcasters (and it seems they won’t) them there may be some ancillary benefits to using say anazon, as I suspect it would reach a wider audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I think sky bid a lot more than that but were rejected. I also think la Liga are marketing he rights to OTT platforms (DAZN, Amazon etc) rather than Direct to home services like sky or BT. If la Liga aren’t going to get the fee they want for UK rights from the traditional broadcasters (and it seems they won’t) them there may be some ancillary benefits to using say anazon, as I suspect it would reach a wider audience.
    They didn't feel that any of the bids they had was enough money or would reach enough people. It is a strange state of affairs but with most games clashing with Premier League fixtures and the 3-5:30 blackout as well, I'm not sure I'd throw too much money at it either!

So looking at the fixtures I thought great I'll watch Sussex v Glammy T20 tonight recognising we'll probably get battered again.

Check the Sky Sports schedule and it's Women's T20 cricket ffs!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Won't be long and it will be transgender ping pong, and blind ladies darts, make the most of the football and cricket while you still can!

They didn't feel that any of the bids they had was enough money or would reach enough people. It is a strange state of affairs but with most games clashing with Premier League fixtures and the 3-5:30 blackout as well, I'm not sure I'd throw too much money at it either!
    I doubt that we will end up in a scenario where UK viewers don't have access to la liga. It looks like it will come from a platform other than Sky, but I doubt la liga will walk away completely. I personally would love to see DAZN take the uk rights and set up a UK offering.

I cancelled my SKY subscription about two years ago. It dawned on me that not only was I not watching it much, but when I did, it was full of bloody adverts all the time, 'specially on SSN.

I reasoned that I was paying all that money and still had all those ads.

Also, I lost interest in F1 when the format changed after 20 years of never missing a race. I certainly wasn't going to pay through the nose for all that.