I wasn't sure so I had to check myself.
One definition of 'playing the race card'. It would never happen on this board of course!
The "race card" refers to an argumentative tactic in which someone tries to exploit racism or anti-racism in order to advance a position.

One may "play the race card" in order to appeal to allies who share antipathy towards a particular group. This can often be done through the use of terms that have a dog whistle effect, allowing the person playing the card to bring race into the argument without directly expressing racist sentiments.
"RACE CARD
One may also "play the race card" by accusing an opponent of racism without reasonable justification in order to demonize them with ad hominem attacks. It should be noted that, since racial inequality is a foundational element of many social and political systems, assumptions about race and racism are often at play in political debates even if they are not being clearly articulated at a given moment. Nonetheless, it is far from unheard of for people to inject race into disputes where it was clearly never the matter at hand."

Not sure if this definition applies here and there are probably other on the web somewhere.