+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The future for Mauve and Yellow Army as it reaches a significant anniversary.

The future for Mauve and Yellow Army as it reaches a significant anniversary.

Blog celebrates its tenth birthday and news of an intended new Cardiff City book.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: The future for Mauve and Yellow Army as it reaches a significant anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Blog celebrates its tenth birthday and news of an intended new Cardiff City book.

I think what your have achieved it quite incredible.

The club should recognise that as well and like the fans be thankful for your wonderful knowledge of the club , its the one blog to read each week

Re: The future for Mauve and Yellow Army as it reaches a significant anniversary.

I agree with Life On Mars. A very good read every week..

All the best Bob, I hope it's a success mate.

I've sent you a PM Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    All the best Bob, I hope it's a success mate.
    You mean Frank lol.

Excellent, well done.

Keep me in touch with the date for that book, I was planning to get my own publication out next year too (Cardiff City DVP - The Velikonja Years). It would be a shame if there was a clash, I wouldn't want to steal your thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Excellent, well done.

Keep me in touch with the date for that book, I was planning to get my own publication out next year too (Cardiff City DVP - The Velikonja Years). It would be a shame if there was a clash, I wouldn't want to steal your thunder.
    Thanks to all of those in this thread for some kind comments.

Loramski, my plan is to devote a chapter of the book to the Toshack transfer to Liverpool. If you're agreeable, that could be expanded into a comparison between that deal and the Velikonja one in terms of the devastation both transfers caused to the Cardiff fan base and their impact on the club in the years which followed - maybe we could launch the book as a kind of joint venture?

Thanks to all of those in this thread for some kind comments.

Loramski, my plan is to devote a chapter of the book to the Toshack transfer to Liverpool. If you're agreeable, that could be expanded into a comparison between that deal and the Velikonja one in terms of the devastation both transfers caused to the Cardiff fan base and their impact on the club in the years which followed - maybe we could launch the book as a kind of joint venture?
    Maybe we are selling Reid and 're signing Velkonja to soften the blow? I'm going to the airport to get a good vantage point to see the returning hero arrive

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Maybe we are selling Reid and 're signing Velkonja to soften the blow? I'm going to the airport to get a good vantage point to see the returning hero arrive

Good news bob, I would have guessed you had been at it for longer than 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Good news bob, I would have guessed you had been at it for longer than 10 years
    You're right, I posted on here for about ten years before starting the blog.