Thread: Shocking!

Shocking!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49253691

How can this happen this day and age.

Re: Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49253691

How can this happen this day and age.
    Americans are stupid and weird. That's about it really.

Institutionalised Racism. And people feeling more empowered to show it after it's been backed up by the GOP, Certain Sections of the Media and Youtube/Twitter "celebrities".

Dreadful image

"Galveston Police Chief Vernon Hale said on Monday the technique was acceptable in some scenarios"

What scenarios would that technique be deemed acceptable?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

We have no real conception of how the Jim Crow laws are still very active in these so called enlightened times. If this had happened to a gay person (or any variation thereof) there would have been an international outcry

god bless america
    god bless trump

He should have offered him his horse.

america that's why.

Do you think there would be such an uproar if the felon was white and the two officers were African American? Either way it's still a shocking image as they should have called a squad car to pick up the gentleman in handcuffs

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Do you think there would be such an uproar if the felon was white and the two officers were African American? Either way it's still a shocking image as they should have called a squad car to pick up the gentleman in handcuffs
    History is why there is such a deserved "uproar" over this.

But yes I still think there would be uproar if it was the other way round, I also couldn't ever see it happening.

Do you think there would be such an uproar if the felon was white and the two officers were African American?
    You cannot be ****ing serious

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    You cannot be ****ing serious
    Well I suppose it could be worse ........ They could've both been wearing KKK outfits

Racism is the easiest card to play ........ Does my F***ing head in

One of the main reasons for the uproar is that that scenario you mention wouldn't happen in a million years but somehow this was deemed acceptable by those white cops

Also

as images to justify "playing the racism card" go this is probably right up there, and it's worrying that you think otherwise

Well I suppose it could be worse ........ They could've both been wearing KKK outfits

Racism is the easiest card to play?! It's a black guy being led by a rope by 2 american policemen like they're taking him to be lynched. How is it not racist? Do you think they'd have done the same to a white person?

I am actually in shock at how stupid this is.

At least they didn't hog tie him and throw him over the saddle. What the hell has happened in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Racism is the easiest card to play?! It's a black guy being led by a rope by 2 american policemen like they're taking him to be lynched. How is it not racist? Do you think they'd have done the same to a white person?
    For a START I said it was a Shocking Image and yes I do NOT condone it ....... secondly YES, Racism is the easiest card to play nowadays, that was me making a general statement not one aimed at the image in question.

How do you know it's not been done to a non-African American in the past? I'm not sure there would have been such an uproar if the roles were reversed - But because of past historical events the picture is MASSIVELY Racist

Take five minutes, then come back and read this again. You think this is playing the racism card?

I can only assume the SA in your name stands for South African and you've time travelled from the 1960s.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Take five minutes, then come back and read this again. You think this is playing the racism card?

I can only assume the SA in your name stands for South African and you've time travelled from the 1960s.
    Yes it does stand for South Africa and NO I've not traveled from the 1960's - But what would you personally know about that anyway

Yes it does stand for South Africa and NO I've not traveled from the 1960's - But what would you personally know about that anyway
    What do I personally know about time travel? Is that the question?

Sounds like a fun conversation, but perhaps in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What do I personally know about time travel? Is that the question?

Sounds like a fun conversation, but perhaps in another thread.

For a START I said it was a Shocking Image and yes I do NOT condone it ....... secondly YES, Racism is the easiest card to play nowadays, that was me making a general statement not one aimed at the image in question.

How do you know it's not been done to a non-African American in the past? I'm not sure there would have been such an uproar if the roles were reversed - But because of past historical events the picture is MASSIVELY Racist
    What do you mean racism is the easiest card to play these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What do you mean racism is the easiest card to play these days?
    THIS for a Start

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...nter-asked-Sol

Who's playing the race card there? Everyone is saying it comes across as bad but it's obviously a genuine question without thinking.