+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shocking!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    I don’t think you know what playing the race card means.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I don’t think you know what playing the race card means.
    NOT at all - Lived in South Africa for 30 years ........ So I wouldn't have a clue

NOT at all - Lived in South Africa for 30 years ........ So I wouldn't have a clue
    So you think black people in South Africa have just been playing the race card for the last 30 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So you think black people in South Africa have just been playing the race card for the last 30 years?
    Laugh all you want ....... You haven't a sodding clue, Ignorance is Bliss

Laugh all you want ....... You haven't a sodding clue, Ignorance is Bliss
    ****ing hell

How you view that picture depends on your agenda.

I see under-resourced police officers catching a criminal and transporting him to custody in an environmentally sound way at minimal cost to the tax payer. Guess I have no reason to be bothered about something that was banned in the USA in 1865 though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post

I see under-resourced police officers catching a criminal and transporting him to custody in an environmentally sound way at minimal cost to the tax payer. Guess I have no reason to be bothered about something that was banned in the USA in 1865 though.
    Murdering people has been banned in the US for a while too but that hasn't stopped anyone.

So you don't see anything wrong with a black man being tied up and walked through the street?

Murdering people has been banned in the US for a while too but that hasn't stopped anyone.
    And to uphold the ban on murder people are arrested, by police, some of whom are mounted.

Helpful tip, don't want to be arrested by mounted police, simply stop committing crime.

And to uphold the ban on murder people are arrested, by police, some of whom are mounted.

Helpful tip, don't want to be arrested by mounted police, simply stop committing crime.
    Are 100% of people who are arrested criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Are 100% of people who are arrested criminals?
    Of course not, and neither are 100% of criminals arrested. You're chances of being arrested are considerably higher if you are a criminal though. The tip is still good.

So you don’t see anything wrong with it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    So you don’t see anything wrong with it at all?
    The horses are in fine health, no-one's being dragged, beaten or tasered. I have heard no reports that the N word has been used.

A criminal has been caught and somehow that has been deflected to the police doing something wrong. Spin doctors at work.

GANG BANGERS, YOU GORRA ****ING LOVE UM

They use the same process for white felons. Racist would be to change it just because the guy is black.

That guy has never been a slave, his parents weren't slaves, the people complaining weren't slaves. Why does everyone have to be offended by everything all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They use the same process for white felons. Racist would be to change it just because the guy is black.

That guy has never been a slave, his parents weren't slaves, the people complaining weren't slaves. Why does everyone have to be offended by everything all the time.
    Can someone link to the white people being arrested by this?

I think the current mistreatment of black americans by the police is worth questioning, don't you?

And isn't this a bit inhumaine whatever race they're doing it to?

I just don't see how anyone can look at this photo, whatever race the guy is and say yes this is fine.

FFS ......... Croesy JOG on
    I agree with him, it doesn’t look the same place and it isn’t the same thing.

Unrelated but Galveston, where the photo was taken, was the birthplace of Jack Johnson, the world's first boxing heavyweight champion.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Unrelated but Galveston, where the photo was taken, was the birthplace of Jack Johnson, the world's first boxing heavyweight champion.
    I was on a ship in Galveston, went ashore on their Mardi Gras day, by time I walked in to a pub, lots of them had had quite a bit to drink, singing and dancing, basically in party mode, so I said to one local that it seemed everyone was so much more happy since Obama had become President. 'We didn't vote for that feckin' ****** down here' he replied, then went on a tirade against my tongue in cheek comment. I should imagine he's well happy with his current president.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    I was on a ship in Galveston, went ashore on their Mardi Gras day, by time I walked in to a pub, lots of them had had quite a bit to drink, singing and dancing, basically in party mode, so I said to one local that it seemed everyone was so much more happy since Obama had become President. 'We didn't vote for that feckin' ****** down here' he replied, then went on a tirade against my tongue in cheek comment. I should imagine he's well happy with his current president.
    Crazy people actually think like that in this day and age.

Heisenberg

I know you're trolling, but I'll respond anyway for the benefit of others who may have missed the last part of your post.

The image in question is evocative of lynchings as well as slavery. Lynchings were still taking place long after the abolition of slavery in 1865.

Is it racist? I don't know. Does it look like an incredibly misjudged decision that could be perceived as being racist? Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The image in question is evocative of lynchings as well as slavery. Lynchings were still taking place long after the abolition of slavery in 1865.
    That sir, is a stretch. Lynchings, on the whole, after 1865, were carried out by mobs, often dressed in sheets and usually under cover of darkness, not by two police officers in the main street in broad daylight. And prior to 1865 the majority of lynchings had white victims(horse thieves etc), so not really seeing your point.

Is that the same town? I can't see a rope there can you? It doesn't look like he's being paraded through the street.
    There are people watching behind barriers I’d say he was being paraded.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There are people watching behind barriers I’d say he was being paraded.
    Hasn't he just ran into a parade or something and they've grabbed him? I don't think the barriers were set up especially for his presentation

Hasn't he just ran into a parade or something and they've grabbed him? I don't think the barriers were set up especially for his presentation
    Looks like he could be outside a court and in prison garb. Perhaps It was set up for him. Who knows.