+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Rumours rumours rumours
    We’ve always conducted our transfer business close to our chest
    Let’s not have a Corporal Jones moment before we hear from official sources
    Then we can have a flap if the situation calls for it
    On the contrary, I hope the powers that be read what is being said and the level of discontent at losing Reid and think again before it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    More than one club interested in Reid. Not sure it will be Bristol that he ends up at. Which at least lets us laugh at the Wurzels... right?
    What a shit shower of a club

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If Vassell does come in I’ll judge him on how he performs for us and won’t have any premeditated opinions on him, he could work well with a big striker to play off, got no idea, my issue was if it was Reid out him in.

I’m baffled by the amount of players we have that he can’t make use of, why do we sign them?

Even at amateur league level managers either get in players that fit their style, or change their style to suit the players they have, I’m not sure what Warnock is doing.
    Warnock must be one of the most experienced managers in the game today...how the feck doesn't he know if a player fits his style.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Warnock must be one of the most experienced managers in the game today...how the feck doesn't he know if a player fits his style.
    Every player he's signed for decent money, he doesn't rate. As Croesy says above, he doesn't fancy any of these. They nearly 40m.

Cunningham 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 2m
    Reid 10m
    Murphy 10m
    Ward 2m
    Smithies 3.5m

I don't know what's going on at the club but this is extremely concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    What a shit shower of a club
    Nothing agreed as far as I'm aware and time ticking.

All players are for sale at the right price I guess.

More than one club interested in Reid. Not sure it will be Bristol that he ends up at. Which at least lets us laugh at the Wurzels... right?
    Fulham as now mentioned on Sky.

Something Reid sounds keen on.

Sky Sports reporting that Fulham is another club interested in Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think that's a bit dramatic

Probably is, and I'm far from convinced that it's true, but if it were it'd be the final straw in a very frustrating series of transfer moves. I'm hoping for some better quality last minute moves, but otherwise it's as if we're aiming for league one rather than the premiership. Surely this must be nonsense about Bobby Reid, but if there's anything in it then that's a signal of intent and there's no getting away from that.

How many players has Warnock signed that he doesn't rate?

Cunningham
    Madine
    Tomlin
    Reid
    Murphy
    Ward
    I think he rates Murphy, but he is inconsistent, I think he will come good this year though in the Championship again.

He likes Ward as an impact player and good cover and he rates Cunningham, but he hasn't done enough to beat Bennett to a starting place.

Cunningham off on loan. £3.5m down the spout and we've only got one left back now. At least we've got 14 strikers and wingers.

Nothing agreed as far as I'm aware and time ticking.

All players are for sale at the right price I guess.
    Like I said in another post mate, if we were offered £25 million by Man City or Real Madrid then of course I could see the logic in it, but touting our only thinking footballer around in some meat market cos our manager is so far removed from the modern game is disgraceful in my opinion.

This all stems from the lack of structure or football hierarchy at the club.

Warnock has full power and from the outside it looks as if that's how he wants it.

Nobody is answerable to anyone down there and that's the top and bottom of it.

In every area of the club it seems to be open to abuse and a jobs for the boys culture.

It's time we moved on with the rest of the British game and developed cultures that can have long term foundations.

As successful as Warnock has been, what happens when he goes???

There are not too many Neil Warnock replicas out there. We've seen what's happened at Manchester United (the biggest club in the world) since their Autocratic leader left, what chance have we got!

Sky are saying that Fulham are in for Reid now. That'd be the transfer equivalent of a six point game.
    If true it suggests that we've said he's available .

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    As successful as Warnock has been, what happens when he goes???

There are not too many Neil Warnock replicas out there. We've seen what's happened at Manchester United (the biggest club in the world) since their Autocratic leader left, what chance have we got!
    If we're selling Reid and replacing him with Gory and Vassell, what's the point of Warnock being here? We're not going up, we almost certainly aren't going down. I'd rather we write this year off as a bad job and get someone else in as a free hit. At least that way we're in a position to build next summer as opposed to a massive transition being required if we had any desires of a promotion push, which on the face of it, we almost certainly don't have now.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Sky are saying that Fulham are in for Reid now. That'd be the transfer equivalent of a six point game.
    If true it suggests that we've said he's available .
    Someone pinch me, I need to wake up from this bad dream.

Can someone fill me in on why we are seemingly so financially ****ed? We don't spend huge amounts like other teams, we haven't in ages. The promotion squad was about £10mil of spending.

The "ill-fated" Premier League spending was 6 seasons ago (and not even that bad compared to the likes of Villa and Fulham the last few years) and all the wages/contracts from that would've been paid off. We're selling more Season tickets than ever at this level, we've just had a season in the PL where we didn't spend a stupid amount and were told it'd put us in a strong position to bounce back. Now we're flogging Reid, Cunningham, Manga, Zohore amongst others. Gunnar, Arter, Camarasa's wages on top of them have all gone. Refuse to believe the likes of Vaulks, Day and Nelson are on big money.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Can someone fill me in on why we are seemingly so financially ****ed? We don't spend huge amounts like other teams, we haven't in ages. The promotion squad was about £10mil of spending.

The "ill-fated" Premier League spending was 6 seasons ago (and not even that bad compared to the likes of Villa and Fulham the last few years) and all the wages/contracts from that would've been paid off. We're selling more Season tickets than ever at this level, we've just had a season in the PL where we didn't spend a stupid amount and were told it'd put us in a strong position to bounce back. Now we're flogging Reid, Cunningham, Manga, Zohore amongst others. Gunnar, Arter, Camarasa's wages on top of them have all gone. Refuse to believe the likes of Vaulks, Day and Nelson are on big money.
    Yep I just don't understand it. I don't want us wasting money for the sake of it but we should be relatively loaded and are signing players for peanuts. And not even in positions we are desperate for cover.

Are we going to play the whole season with Ralls, Vaulks and ****ing Bacuna as our only "natural" CMs?!

Yep I just don't understand it. I don't want us wasting money for the sake of it but we should be relatively loaded and are signing players for peanuts. And not even in positions we are desperate for cover.

Are we going to play the whole season with Ralls, Vaulks and ****ing Bacuna as our only "natural" CMs?!
    And no natural cover at right-back or left-back.

Paterson

With a 5pm cut off, it's the equivalent of tea time on another transfer deadline day, so it's looking less likely that there's much happening

How many players has Warnock signed that he doesn't rate?

Cunningham
    Madine
    Tomlin
    Reid
    Murphy
    Ward
    Three of them our former players! 😂😂

Let’s see what he makes of Flint then?!

Though to be honest Flint is 1,000x more of a Warnock player than Bobby Reid will ever be if he played until he was 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Three of them our former players! ����

Let’s see what he makes of Flint then?!

Though to be honest Flint is 1,000x more of a Warnock player than Bobby Reid will ever be if he played until he was 70.
    Like I said maybe he's a closset Bristol City fan, chucking them £15 million then realising he doesn't rate them.

We have already signed 7 players and spent around £15m so far with Vassell possibly to follow, so could be up to £20m altogether. Whats happening now is the normal wheelings and dealings at any club around deadline day. Instead of being interested and excited about it all, you lot seem to have entered blind panic mode and have a go at anything City. I just don't get it. Enjoy it for goodness sake and see what the season brings. NW wouldn't be here if he wasn't going to have a real go at promotion again.

How someone can’t rate Bobby Reid I don’t think I’ll ever understand.
    He’s talented, quick, not sure I’ve ever seen him give up and not try all game...

Flint is a donkey and Tomlin is a waster who every manager to date has given up on so I’d get frustration there.

But Bobby Reid?!?
    If Cardiff sell him it would be an absolutely idiotic decision.
    He is exactly what teams need in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    NW wouldn't be here if he wasn't going to have a real go at promotion again.
    If only I could think of a reason he'd stay... I can think of a million of them actually.