+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The competence of everyone at the club has to come into question if we haven't signed a centre mid come 5pm. We were promised we'd make a real go and while the players we've brought in could come off, we've got too many holes in the squad to push for top 6. 2 injuries and we'll be playing centre backs in midfield.
    "We'll go with what we've got"

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It has always been amateur but now you're right it's worse than it was under Malky or Dave Jones.

At least under Malky we seemed to aligning ourselves with the modern game in terms of sport science etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if the players have a bag of 10 pasties from Greggs before they play!
    Malky's Championship signings were absolutely spot on. Warnock's cheap signings have been arguably better. Whenever we've spent big money, our return has been limited shall we say.

There is precious little value in keeping an asset like Bobby Reid when the manager is determined not to play him to his strengths or play him at all. The board have made their decision to give Warnock another season so provided any money was immediately re-invested in a quality replacement who could fit into a Warnock team it might make sense. My concern would be I have little faith in Warnock and the so-called transfer committee spending the money wisely.

Yep at least Malky had his dossier of players and Jones always seemed to get good players in.

This signings the last 2 years have been strange at best even with a few decent players coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yep at least Malky had his dossier of players and Jones always seemed to get good players in.

This signings the last 2 years have been strange at best even with a few decent players coming in.
    Malky's dossier took some hits (and rightly so) but we got Conway, Cowie, Taylor and Gunnar for free in 2011. Plus paying small fees for Turner, Miller, Mason and Harris. That was probably the best summer the club's ever had!

Mutch, Connolly, Noone, Campbell and Kimbo all came in the year after. We signed Velikonja that summer too so it was more of a mixed bag .

Vassell should happen, got things moving forward late yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Vassell should happen, got things moving forward late yesterday.
    lets hope he proves a lot of us wrong and smashes in 25 this season :D

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Whether it’s true or not, there have been some concerns around the club. There has been a lack of significant spending in the transfer window, coupled with the recent stories that Dalman was supposedly close to leaving for Charlton. It wasn’t too long ago that Tan had to deny that the club was up for sale, after a sales prospectus had been produced.

Maybe his sale in the MLS team is due to something other than concentrating on Cardiff city as was stated at the time.

If Bobby Reid is sold without any significant replacement, then you have to wonder why a manager supposedly in the last year with the club would consider sanctioning such a move.
    Warnock doesn't rate him that's plain to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    There is precious little value in keeping an asset like Bobby Reid when the manager is determined not to play him to his strengths or play him at all. The board have made their decision to give Warnock another season so provided any money was immediately re-invested in a quality replacement who could fit into a Warnock team it might make sense. My concern would be I have little faith in Warnock and the so-called transfer committee spending the money wisely.
    I agree with this, Warnock doesn't seem to rate him as a player and can't fit him in, let him go by all means, but sign a quality player that can fit into the team, not just Vassell who is a massive risk due to injury!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Warnock doesn't rate him that's plain to see!
    Why spend £10 million on a player he doesn't rate? Is he actually just a huge Bristol City fan? That's £15 million we've chucked them for 2 players our manager doesn't rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I agree with this, Warnock doesn't seem to rate him as a player and can't fit him in, let him go by all means, but sign a quality player that can fit into the team, not just Vassell who is a massive risk due to injury!
    I don't understand this way of thinking. If he doesn't rate him we should be questioning the manager not giving him more funds to spunk up the wall on another useless lump of shit like Madine

How many players has Warnock signed that he doesn't rate?

Cunningham
    Madine
    Tomlin
    Reid
    Murphy
    Ward

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't understand this way of thinking. If he doesn't rate him we should be questioning the manager not giving him more funds to spunk up the wall on another useless lump of shit like Madine
    Especially when this is Warnock's last year. I could just about stomach it if we were going to get a few centre mids in but with 3 in the squad so far, we're clearly not going up so to go even more "Warnock" is just stupid when we're some way off being a promotion challenger.

Cunningham
    Madine
    Tomlin
    Reid
    Murphy
    Ward
    Smithies. Who's being linked with Forest today. Talking of Forest and goalkeepers, they currently have 5. Which is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    lets hope he proves a lot of us wrong and smashes in 25 this season :D
    From the bench?

Cunningham
    Madine
    Tomlin
    Reid
    Murphy
    Ward
    And how many of those did he describe as his "number one target" at the time of signing?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    From the bench?
    yes. i'm trying to stay positive :P

I'm hoping this is just bullshit but if ccfcwelshlad says he's for sale at the right price then I believe him. If that is the case then Warnock's going to plummet in my estimations because Reid's quality and he's not getting the best out of him, and robbing us of a good player for when Warnock leaves in a year

If Vassell does come in I’ll judge him on how he performs for us and won’t have any premeditated opinions on him, he could work well with a big striker to play off, got no idea, my issue was if it was Reid out him in.

I’m baffled by the amount of players we have that he can’t make use of, why do we sign them?

Even at amateur league level managers either get in players that fit their style, or change their style to suit the players they have, I’m not sure what Warnock is doing.

More than one club interested in Reid. Not sure it will be Bristol that he ends up at. Which at least lets us laugh at the Wurzels... right?

I'd have thought that the club would have denied this by now. It'd be close to a red shirt situation if it were true.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It'd be close to a red shirt situation if it were true.
    I think that's a bit dramatic

So, Reid out and the guy from Le Havre and Vasell in. Doesn't strike me as great business!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    More than one club interested in Reid. Not sure it will be Bristol that he ends up at. Which at least lets us laugh at the Wurzels... right?
    Great. Absolutely brilliant news.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Rumours rumours rumours
    We’ve always conducted our transfer business close to our chest
    Let’s not have a Corporal Jones moment before we hear from official sources
    Then we can have a flap if the situation calls for it