+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Isaac Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wales Online now quoting the Sun saying Bobby Reid will be allowed to leave if Vassell arrives!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-16711580

That is the Bobby De Cordova Reid that we should be building the team around.

I won't believe it unless Michelle Owen tells me it's true!
    I'll be devastated if this is true. Warnock can leave tomorrow

Re: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

And in true Cardiff City fashion we will probably sell him for a fraction of the price we paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I was chuffed when we signed him but it hasn't really worked out. He's obviously very talented but as was mentioned in another thread, doesn't seem to be "a Warnock player", even though his strengths would have been clear to see when he played for the Wurzels the season before last.
    And yet you want Tomlin to stay? If it’s Reid to Warnock, don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Neil. This window has been a cluster f**k

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    And yet you want Tomlin to stay? If it’s Reid to Warnock, don’t let the door hit you on the way out, Neil. This window has been a cluster f**k
    I'd like to see both stay, it was just conjecture on my part as they're similar players. I'd still like to see Tomlin given an extended run in the team.

First Team

Now I'm thinking that one of the questions that got answered on Saturday for NW was "does Reid have a future at ccfc?"

I'd like to see both stay, it was just conjecture on my part as they're similar players. I'd still like to see Tomlin given an extended run in the team.
    Me too,more good than bad could come of it

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If this happens, I want answers. We were promised a real go, we’ve ended up selling our best players.
    He must have fallen out with Warnock. I can't think of any other explanation.

This is really starting to stink of something bad going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He must have fallen out with Warnock. I can't think of any other explanation.
    I’d imagine he’s been to knock on the managers door a few times in his 12 months here. Not least when Rhys Healey got the nod over him a couple of times on his return from a loan spell at the mighty MK Dons.

This transfer window can only be ok if Bale and Ian Rush come in.

Would be one hell of a signing for Bristol and a tidy profit for them in one year

This isn't great news. As others have already mentioned, most were hoping that Reid and Murphy could show everyone what they were brought in to do, by Warnock, in the championship.
    A feeling fuelled after the MU game that given the opportunity and service Reid could excel.

I hope I'm well off the mark here but if this were to happen, some might argue that we seeing a load of asset stripping!

I hope you know what you're doing Neil

Alan Nixon reporting the same (probably where Wales Online got it from): https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/s...72594186293250

Would a Reid exit increase the chances of Tomlin staying? I hope it would.
    I just can’t ****ing cope with stories like that

I’m off to bed.

I was chuffed when we signed him but it hasn't really worked out. He's obviously very talented but as was mentioned in another thread, doesn't seem to be "a Warnock player", even though his strengths would have been clear to see when he played for the Wurzels the season before last.
    Maybe get rod of Warnock and keep the little talent we have at the club.

“Support the boys” while we sell big buy small.

Get ****ed.

I'm sorry but why sign Reid in the first place? It was Warnock who signed him. If he lets him go then I'd like an explanation from Warnock about wtf is going on? How many players has he wasted Tan's cash on now? What the **** is the strategy here?

Disturbing if true.. I'm trying to remain optimistic but this season has an iffy whiff about it already.

Effectively we’ll be writing the season off if we sell Reid, can’t see it happening; but this is Cardiff City.
    If Reid goes and we only have Vassell lined up as a replacement then **** NW and this season.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Now I'm thinking that one of the questions that got answered on Saturday for NW was "does Reid have a future at ccfc?"
    You might be right. I despair that after that performance the player the manager blames is Reid. The ball is pumped over his head all game. It's not Reid that's the problem it's the tactics!

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Effectively we’ll be writing the season off if we sell Reid, can’t see it happening; but this is Cardiff City.
    If Reid goes and we only have Vassell lined up as a replacement then **** NW and this season.
    FFS, this is abysmal. What are the owners doing? Parachute payments, big money in. Thank feck Etheridge is injured and unlikely to be sold. If he was fit, I'd be expecting him to leave tomorrow too.

Piss off Warnock and Tan. "Give it a go". Yeah right.

Self appointed king of twitter news with a scatter gun approach, a proven track record of failure, who blocks anyone who disagrees with him and we turn it into a 5 page thread in a few hours.

He wrote: Cardiff. Poss exit for Reid with Vassell arrival. Bristol City keeping an eye on that one. May not be alone.

& suddenly it's factual!

Yes he does that them right but for everyone he gets right he gets 4 or 5 wrong. He could be right with this one but lets just wait & see.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    You might be right. I despair that after that performance the player the manager blames is Reid. The ball is pumped over his head all game. It's not Reid that's the problem it's the tactics!
    Reid is too short, fast, and good on the floor. Need a big lump up front right Neilosaurus? Every other good team is littered with pace, WIgan were too. Long 12 months to come, and just to think we were taking the piss out of the Jacks 3 days ago for selling McBurnie.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've got no issue with the money we're spending. I don't want to be a team who risks it's existence for premier league dream, my issue is that there doesn't appear to be a great deal of method to what we do.

The season we went up we were crying out for pace and Warnock acted accordingly in the window and the the signing of Mendez-Laing added to Junior Hoilett to finally give us threat out wide.

Bamba and Paterson came in and did well and though we were a bit unbalanced yet we gained promotion (over achieving imo).

Since then I haven't really got a clue what our strategy has been. Warnock claimed that Murphy was his is number one target and then signed Bobby Reid and I hoped we were looking at building something. He spends last season calling these two out after most games when most of the time I couldn't see how they were to blame.

Cunningham was a bizarre signing, Arter was underwhelming and I'm convinced (though I have no proof) that Camarasa was a huge stroke of luck.

Dalman stated at the end of the season that we had been under prepared for recruitment in the premier league and one year on we appear to be under prepared again when we're a relatively big fish in a smaller pond. (Compared to last year anyway)

You think we'd be able to attract some real quality to apply their trade here, however we don't seem to be able to attract much in terms of quality.

Bristol just signed some kid from Monaco and though we don't know how that will work out I'd love to think that we could bring in kids like that.

Swansea have spent all summer restructuring behind the scenes whereas we still have the same tired looking duo of Choo and Dalman. I'm not questioning their dedication or work rate but more their football understanding and nous of a niche industry.

It's frustrating that we don't seem to make any effort to keep up with the initiative's of the most forward thinking clubs.

Teams like Norwich, Bournemouth and I believe Brighton are going the same way employing Dan Ashworth who was instrumental in taking Potter from the Jacks are giving us a blueprint of how a modern medium club can be successful and grow yet we are relying on one man (as good as he's been) who says he is 100% retiring at the end of the season to be our saviour.

I find the whole short term strategy bizarre and misguided but time will tell I guess.
    As a club it feels we're stuck in the past in some areas

There's a lot of talk about developing and planning for the future, but it never comes to anything

I was quite looking forward to this season about 10 days ago. Most of that optimism has disappeared now.

Browsing OOCC for transfer news and according to CCFC Welshlad this isn't a Vassell in/Reid out scenario but Reid is for sale at the right price. So far no interest at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Self appointed king of twitter news with a scatter gun approach, a proven track record of failure, who blocks anyone who disagrees with him and we turn it into a 5 page thread in a few hours.

He wrote: Cardiff. Poss exit for Reid with Vassell arrival. Bristol City keeping an eye on that one. May not be alone.

& suddenly it's factual!

Yes he does that them right but for everyone he gets right he gets 4 or 5 wrong. He could be right with this one but lets just wait & see.
    I don't think anyone is jumping to any conclusions as to whether it will actually happen. People are merely expressing that it's just a terrible idea. And would be hugely disappointing.