+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Isaac Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'd struggle to see us making the play offs if this is the squad we are going with. We are desperate for 2 centre midfield players. Especially one who can pick a pass.
    We're now one injury away from a real issue and 2 injuries away from a crisis. It is ridiculous.

101 replies to an Isaac Vassell thread... hope he doesn't come across this

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    101 replies to an Isaac Vassell thread... hope he doesn't come across this
    It's good to be talking about football, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I really just don't understand why Tan & Co can't grow a pair of bollocks and open the chequebook whilst we can? Or is it that they are anticipating some sort of embargo in the future and now won't spend much?

Show some ambition and players will come. I'm not being funny, Vaulks might turn out to be a gem, but he and Flint are hardly saying to the other teams in the league and potential targets "look at us, we mean business". They're just really safe signings.
    I've got no issue with the money we're spending. I don't want to be a team who risks it's existence for premier league dream, my issue is that there doesn't appear to be a great deal of method to what we do.

The season we went up we were crying out for pace and Warnock acted accordingly in the window and the the signing of Mendez-Laing added to Junior Hoilett to finally give us threat out wide.

Bamba and Paterson came in and did well and though we were a bit unbalanced yet we gained promotion (over achieving imo).

Since then I haven't really got a clue what our strategy has been. Warnock claimed that Murphy was his is number one target and then signed Bobby Reid and I hoped we were looking at building something. He spends last season calling these two out after most games when most of the time I couldn't see how they were to blame.

Cunningham was a bizarre signing, Arter was underwhelming and I'm convinced (though I have no proof) that Camarasa was a huge stroke of luck.

Dalman stated at the end of the season that we had been under prepared for recruitment in the premier league and one year on we appear to be under prepared again when we're a relatively big fish in a smaller pond. (Compared to last year anyway)

You think we'd be able to attract some real quality to apply their trade here, however we don't seem to be able to attract much in terms of quality.

Bristol just signed some kid from Monaco and though we don't know how that will work out I'd love to think that we could bring in kids like that.

Swansea have spent all summer restructuring behind the scenes whereas we still have the same tired looking duo of Choo and Dalman. I'm not questioning their dedication or work rate but more their football understanding and nous of a niche industry.

It's frustrating that we don't seem to make any effort to keep up with the initiative's of the most forward thinking clubs.

Teams like Norwich, Bournemouth and I believe Brighton are going the same way employing Dan Ashworth who was instrumental in taking Potter from the Jacks are giving us a blueprint of how a modern medium club can be successful and grow yet we are relying on one man (as good as he's been) who says he is 100% retiring at the end of the season to be our saviour.

I find the whole short term strategy bizarre and misguided but time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've got no issue with the money we're spending. I don't want to be a team who risks it's existence for premier league dream, my issue is that there doesn't appear to be a great deal of method to what we do.

The season we went up we were crying out for pace and Warnock acted accordingly in the window and the the signing of Mendez-Laing added to Junior Hoilett to finally give us threat out wide.

Bamba and Paterson came in and did well and though we were a bit unbalanced yet we gained promotion (over achieving imo).

Since then I haven't really got a clue what our strategy has been. Warnock claimed that Murphy was his is number one target and then signed Bobby Reid and I hoped we were looking at building something. He spends last season calling these two out after most games when most of the time I couldn't see how they were to blame.

Cunningham was a bizarre signing, Arter was underwhelming and I'm convinced (though I have no proof) that Camarasa was a huge stroke of luck.

Dalman stated at the end of the season that we had been under prepared for recruitment in the premier league and one year on we appear to be under prepared again when we're a relatively big fish in a smaller pond. (Compared to last year anyway)

You think we'd be able to attract some real quality to apply their trade here, however we don't seem to be able to attract much in terms of quality.

Bristol just signed some kid from Monaco and though we don't know how that will work out I'd love to think that we could bring in kids like that.

Swansea have spent all summer restructuring behind the scenes whereas we still have the same tired looking duo of Choo and Dalman. I'm not questioning their dedication or work rate but more their football understanding and nous of a niche industry.

It's frustrating that we don't seem to make any effort to keep up with the initiative's of the most forward thinking clubs.

Teams like Norwich, Bournemouth and I believe Brighton are going the same way employing Dan Ashworth who was instrumental in taking Potter from the Jacks are giving us a blueprint of how a modern medium club can be successful and grow yet we are relying on one man (as good as he's been) who says he is 100% retiring at the end of the season to be our saviour.

I find the whole short term strategy bizarre and misguided but time will tell I guess.
    And with Neil Warnock choosing his successor we could end up with Russell Slade in charge!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And with Neil Warnock choosing his successor we could end up with Russell Slade in charge!!
    Or give Blackie and Jeppo a go

Glatzel could be a very good signing but God I hope we don't have any injuries or suspensions in centre mid before January.

It's going to be those two, I just know it. I've listened to a lot of Parkin's podcast and nobody has a good word to say about Blackwell as a number one. All of them say how much they despise him as manager, which bodes well.

Really feel we need some new blood. Things have become very flat. Let's hope will feel a little more optimistic come Saturday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We're now one injury away from a real issue and 2 injuries away from a crisis. It is ridiculous.
    We must really rate Aaron Bolger. That's all I can think of.

I think I’d prefer Slade? Oh who am I kidding?

First Team

Vassell - 1 goal in 23 games from Brum

Bogle - 1 goal in 26 minutes for us this season

I know who I prefer

(I know I'm choosing my stats with abandon but the Brexit lot started it...)

It's going to be those two, I just know it. I've listened to a lot of Parkin's podcast and nobody has a good word to say about Blackwell as a number one. All of them say how much they despise him as manager, which bodes well.
    Like someone alluded to in another thread Warnocks tenure could well be looked back on in 10 years as a paradox of 100% blessing 100% curse.
    Blessing that he saved our club from the abyss but curse in that we were unable to adapt as a result of his perceived success

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think I’d prefer Slade? Oh who am I kidding?
    I'd prefer Dean Saunders to Slade!

Like someone alluded to in another thread Warnocks tenure could well be looked back on in 10 years as a paradox of 100% blessing 100% curse.
    Blessing that he saved our club from the abyss but curse in that we were unable to adapt as a result of his perceived success
    I think we could very well be back to square 1 and come full circle come Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I reckon he could be ok. Warnock has a habit of resurrecting players careers. Perhaps.......
    Saido Berahino is now a free agent after being released by Stoke (who have brought in Scott Hogan on a season loan from Villa, by the way). Getting a tune out of Berahino would surely be one of Warnock's greatest resurrections.

the way we've approached this summer has been shocking. you'd think we were an unfavoured promotion from league 1 and we're trying to scrape together a side capable of survival.

Vassell might have been the player having the prolonged medical and failed the ****er. Who knows

Wales Online now quoting the Sun saying Bobby Reid will be allowed to leave if Vassell arrives!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-16711580

That is the Bobby De Cordova Reid that we should be building the team around.

I won't believe it unless Michelle Owen tells me it's true!

Alan Nixon reporting the same (probably where Wales Online got it from): https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/s...72594186293250

Would a Reid exit increase the chances of Tomlin staying? I hope it would.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wales Online now quoting the Sun saying Bobby Reid will be allowed to leave if Vassell arrives!

If this happens, I want answers. We were promised a real go, we’ve ended up selling our best players.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

FFS! I hope this isn't true.

Exactly. Reid scored 20 in this division the last season he was here. We should be building the team around him not swapping him for an injury prone attacker who does not have as good a scoring record.

If this happens, I want answers. We were promised a real go, we’ve ended up selling our best players.
    I was chuffed when we signed him but it hasn't really worked out. He's obviously very talented but as was mentioned in another thread, doesn't seem to be "a Warnock player", even though his strengths would have been clear to see when he played for the Wurzels the season before last.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I was chuffed when we signed him but it hasn't really worked out. He's obviously very talented but as was mentioned in another thread, doesn't seem to be "a Warnock player", even though his strengths would have been clear to see when he played for the Wurzels the season before last.
    Then Warnock should go. I'd rather see Reid in the reserves for a year than be moved on just because Warnock doesn't know what to do with him.