+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Somebody said last year that we were shopping in Lidl's not Waitrose. Currently looks like we're shopping in Poundstretcher!
    Nah, Des we're are currently shopping at The British heart Foundation charity shop...

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    What an absolute shitshow - This all would be somewhat understandable if we had someone quality lined up to spend the fee on and we were selling to PL rather than a rival, but this Vassell guy looks an absolute bag of shite. Someone at the club needs to answer for this fast it's effing lunacy.
    Selling Reid seems like a pretty shit bit of business and Vaessell could well be very inferior, but - statement of the obvious - that's not his fault. He will still be a new signing so should get support. Not his fault if he's brought in to replace a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Every player he's signed for decent money, he doesn't rate. As Croesy says above, he doesn't fancy any of these. They nearly 40m.

Cunningham 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 2m
    Reid 10m
    Murphy 10m
    Ward 2m
    Smithies 3.5m

I don't know what's going on at the club but this is extremely concerning.
    All else aside, this is absolutely mad for a club of our size with our budget

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I put that solely down to Warnock.

He signs a quality addition and then gives him a bit part role. All on Warnock this. It should hardly come as a surprise to the manager that he wants to leave if Bamba and the other players know.

Let's say that leaving it until the final few hours of the transfer window is convenient for all concerned.
    I agree entirely with you. Let's just make sure the transfer goes through so that we can put forward the case we didn't have time to spend the money on a suitable replacement.

Every player he's signed for decent money, he doesn't rate. As Croesy says above, he doesn't fancy any of these. They nearly 40m.

Cunningham 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 2m
    Reid 10m
    Murphy 10m
    Ward 2m
    Smithies 3.5m

I don't know what's going on at the club but this is extremely concerning.
    that's my starting lineup for saturday

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    All else aside, this is absolutely mad for a club of our size with our budget
    Agree about size. But what is the budget? Getting legs this transfer..

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Selling Reid seems like a pretty shit bit of business and Vaessell could well be very inferior, but - statement of the obvious - that's not his fault. He will still be a new signing so should get support. Not his fault if he's brought in to replace a better player.
    I'd like to think Vassell will get support but the business the club has done will all land his way. He absolutely has to hit the ground running or he'll get pelters.

I'd like to think Vassell will get support but the business the club has done will all land his way. He absolutely has to hit the ground running or he'll get pelters.
    That's my fear and it's not fair.

Why are we so utterly shit in the transfer market? I know all managers sign duds, but the money we spend seems to have no impact on the starting XI, ever. We've been rubbish at it since Jones left.

Why are we so utterly shit in the transfer market? I know all managers sign duds, but the money we spend seems to have no impact on the starting XI, ever. We've been rubbish at it since Jones left.
    We are very good at signing frees, Malky and Warnock excelled. As soon as they open the cheque book, it all goes pear shaped. Vassell is going to be judged vs Reid, and he's going to been seen as a symbol of our failures (or successes) in the market. Today looks like it's going to end badly and things could turn ugly on Saturday unless we get a result. If we don't win, I'm pretty sure they'll get booed off.

This is a 10 pager, and it's all negative.

You've only got to look at the people who make up our transfer committee and you have your answer.

Football is a huge industry these days and it can't be done out of the back of a van

Even if you're rubbish at something, the law of averages says you have to strike it lucky at some point.. but, no - not us!

Fecking unbelievable!

Back to Vassell, one of the Bluenose fans at work has told me that the rumour from their end is that Birmingham are discussing the potential loan of a striker as part of the deal. Terms with the player are agreed but Brum want to see if they can leverage a deal for a forward. Madine or Ward to Birmingham on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Back to Vassell, one of the Bluenose fans at work has told me that the rumour from their end is that Birmingham are discussing the potential loan of a striker as part of the deal. Terms with the player are agreed but Brum want to see if they can leverage a deal for a forward. Madine or Ward to Birmingham on loan?
    Or Glatzel.

Get rid of them , I do feel he and Murphy and Tomlin are not committed , all of them would never figure regularly in a Premiership team , might get games at a newly promoted one , felt Reid was so easily bounced off the ball ,yes show some nice touches but not enough to demand instant selection , as for Murphy runs quick down the line ,loses the ball a lot doesn't like a track back

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Get rid of them , I do feel he and Murphy and Tomlin are not committed , all of them would never figure regularly in a Premiership team , might get games at a newly promoted one , felt Reid was so easily bounced off the ball ,yes show some nice touches but not enough to demand instant selection , as for Murphy runs quick down the line ,loses the ball a lot doesn't like a track back
    I like Reid and he has scored goals at this level. But I'd agree that if they don't want to be here or aren't deemed good enough then sell for decent money. But at the start of the window, not at the end when we are going to end up overall lighten than we came into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Or Glatzel.
    that wouldn't even surprise me anymore..."one for the future"...."needs playing time" etc :D

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I like Reid and he has scored goals at this level. But I'd agree that if they don't want to be here or aren't deemed good enough then sell for decent money. But at the start of the window, not at the end when we are going to end up overall lighten than we came into it.
    The problem with the Murphy , Reid and Tomlin they believe the media hype of best championship player , future talent , I still think Murphy and Reid had opportunity to do better last year .

As I see it with Reid. Rightly or wrongly Warnock isnt going to play him much this season.

So would you prefer he went out on loan? I appreciate Fulham is far from ideal.

Knowing he can come back in 12 months to work under a new manager with different ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    As I see it with Reid. Rightly or wrongly Warnock isnt going to play him much this season.

Knowing he can come back in 12 months to work under a new manager with different ideas?
    You've mentioned in a couple of your posts today that Reid has gone to Fulham. Can you put up a link? I'm not doubting you, just that I'm surprised no one has put a link to his agreeing to join Fulham.

Have you heard it is a loan deal?

Lots of chatter about a permanent move - and for less than we paid a year ago.

A loan (with January recall option) would be less of a kick in the teeth - but only slightly!

It probably takes at least 3 windows to evolve a team from an extreme style like Warnock's into one that fits in with a different approach. You only have to look at Trollope's disasterous period where we tried to move from Sladeball to a Wales 2016 type set up with players ill-suited to this before Warnock came in and introduced a professionalised structure to see how difficult it is. Look at Stoke post-Pullis as another example.

The further away we get from a less direct style the more difficult it will be for whoever follows Warnock to adapt or change the squad to different methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I’m disappointed to lose Reid, but he’s hardly set the world alight. Missed another sitter v Wigan and is he ever going to thrive in a Warnock team?

If he wants to go then he’s got to go.

All very well to say shift him at start of window but no-one does anything til the last day and that’s just the way it is.

Warnock's gonna do more damage to the club that good by hanging around for this "farewell tour" season of his.

I don't get the feeling City are coolly executing the final stages of some transfer window master plan today, do you?