+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Isaac Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Taarabt was going nowhere, Warnock turned him into the best player in the division and then they fell out. QPR was a basket case when they went up though.
    Taarabt was a first team regular at QPR when Warnock arrived. No doubt he improved him (briefly), but the player also went backwards under Warnock. I don’t think he resurrected Taarabt’s career.

Chopra played his best football under Jones. Does that mean Jones resurrected Chopra’s career, or does it simply mean he signed him, improved him and sold him on?

If a manager signs a player who was previously decent but has gone downhill, and the manager gets the best out of him again, I’d regard that as resurrecting a career. I can’t think of anyone who’s done that under Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Taarabt was a first team regular at QPR when Warnock arrived. No doubt he improved him (briefly), but the player also went backwards under Warnock. I don’t think he resurrected Taarabt’s career.

Chopra played his best football under Jones. Does that mean Jones resurrected Chopra’s career, or does it simply mean he signed him, improved him and sold him on?

If a manager signs a player who was previously decent but has gone downhill, and the manager gets the best out of him again, I’d regard that as resurrecting a career. I can’t think of anyone who’s done that under Warnock.
    Taarabt signed for Spurs, his career nose dived, Warnock got hold of him and improved him.

Also, I can't believe I've missed it: Sol Bamba.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Taarabt signed for Spurs, his career nose dived, Warnock got hold of him and improved him.

Also, I can't believe I've missed it: Sol Bamba.
    Also Hoilett, while Etheridge and NML have kicked on no end.