+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

According to Alan Nixon on Twitter.

Re: Isaac Vassell

A proven league 1 / 2 player... not sure he’s shown much in championship

An unproven striker...perfect!

Seems unlikely, he’s 5 ft 7”.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    If only!

At 25 he's one for the future. I look forward to him being Young Player of the Year when he's 27

Obviously Warnock has a long memory - this is the game where a newly appointed Cotterill Brum side beat us 1 nil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iURPXrBKfk

Well he's quick - Him and Che Adams gave Morrison and Manga a real tough time

However Adams has gone on for £15m and this guy has hardly set the world alight - probably because he was ut fr 15 months with a cruciate injury

But he is quick!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Obviously Warnock has a long memory - this is the game where a newly appointed Cotterill Brum side beat us 1 nil

However Adams has gone on for £15m and this guy has hardly set the world alight - probably because he was ut fr 15 months with a cruciate injury

But he is quick!
    The 10 in red might be worth a punt on, if he could run more into the box instead of our wide , he's tall , perhaps he could head a ball .?

But he is quick!
    No 10 in red looked okay ,pity he didn't run towards the goal ?

How good is he at protecting the back 4?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    How good is he at protecting the back 4?
    Did you mean to type 4 or door 😉

Vassell could be a good signing - been very unlucky with injuries so his record looks poor, but he has pace and could still become a very effective striker. But I don't understand why Warnock is so insistent that another attacking player is the priority and that he is prepared to stick with the current CM and RB options if he can get one. It feels as if we are looking at the wrong part of the pitch.

He also went out of his way before Wigan to talk up Ralls, Bacuna and Madine - saying how happy he was with them and they have come back better players. I hope he's right. The performance at the DW didn't give me confidence that CM and No 9 options are sorted (though hopefully Robert Gratzel will be a success)

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Icwales are saying he scored 1 goal in 23 appearances after a very bad anterior cruciate ligament injury.

StT.
    <><

Warnock likes covering all the bases. If we get a new striker in then he's the final piece that'll put us over the top, and if we fail to sign anyone then it's fine 'cos "as I've said all along I've got faith in the squad we've got".

Some Birmingham fans seem to think Vassell is a decent striker who shouldn't be going, so maybe he'll surprise us and and actually be a Cardiff striker who scores occasionally. Seems to have spend most of last season just coming off the bench coming back after that nasty injury, didn't start a game last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    At 25 he's one for the future. I look forward to him being Young Player of the Year when he's 27
    Chuck a positive post in now and again, the frown lines around your face have less chance of becoming permanent

The fee being bandied about online is £3m. Obviously Birmingham not too taken with Bogle after his spell there, either as a swap or player-plus-cash deal.

garbage --- feck off

This summer has been an absolute shitshow. Paint in any way you want, we have failed to recruit anywhere near as well as the other teams in contention. Well done Warnock.

The first thing my 13-year old son does whenever we're linked with a player is to check his FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) rating. Vassell is 65....2pts less than Matt Connolly

But he is quick!
    That game was came to mind for me when I heard we were linked with him.

I hope our scouting of him isn't solely based on that one game though!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    This summer has been an absolute shitshow. Paint in any way you want, we have failed to recruit anywhere near as well as the other teams in contention. Well done Warnock.
    But Mehmet and Ken work so hard. Can’t fault them really. And Vincent. Don’t forget Vincent.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    But Mehmet and Ken work so hard. Can’t fault them really. And Vincent. Don’t forget Vincent.
    Can you imagine how bad our transfer windows after the parachute payments will get?

Or maybe young, exciting players just don't want to play under Neil unless it's in the premier league

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Yeah but we're going to let Cunningham go without any left back cover, and we gave Damour a new deal but then didn't even give him a squad number. Oh, and we have 3 contracted centre mids with squad numbers but about 6 strikers. Don't know what you're whining about it.

I'm so underwhelmed it's painful

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yeah but we're going to let Cunningham go without any left back cover, and we gave Damour a new deal but then didn't even give him a squad number. Oh, and we have 3 contracted centre mids with squad numbers but about 6 strikers. Don't know what you're whining about it.
    You really could argue Fulham have a better team now than they did last year. Leeds who look quality anyway, strengthened further. Our two biggest rivals dwarf us in player quality. It's startling how naive and unambitious our club are in the transfer market, no balls whatsoever. I mean, how the **** have Derby signed Rooney? What do Derby have over us? Not much really.

Our fan base thinking our squad is top 3 quality is laughable. Have a day off. The naivety, and arrogance of some of our fans is embarrassing. We've got weaker. Considerably.