Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 322

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

  1. #1

    Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

    According to Alan Nixon on Twitter.

  2. #2

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    A proven league 1 / 2 player... not sure heís shown much in championship

  3. #3

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    An unproven striker...perfect!

  4. #4

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Seems unlikely, heís 5 ft 7Ē.

  5. #5

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    A proven league 1 / 2 player... not sure he’s shown much in championship
    If only!

  6. #6

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    At 25 he's one for the future. I look forward to him being Young Player of the Year when he's 27

  7. #7

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Obviously Warnock has a long memory - this is the game where a newly appointed Cotterill Brum side beat us 1 nil

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iURPXrBKfk

    Well he's quick - Him and Che Adams gave Morrison and Manga a real tough time

    However Adams has gone on for £15m and this guy has hardly set the world alight - probably because he was ut fr 15 months with a cruciate injury

    But he is quick!

  8. #8

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Obviously Warnock has a long memory - this is the game where a newly appointed Cotterill Brum side beat us 1 nil

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iURPXrBKfk

    Well he's quick - Him and Che Adams gave Morrison and Manga a real tough time

    However Adams has gone on for £15m and this guy has hardly set the world alight - probably because he was ut fr 15 months with a cruciate injury

    But he is quick!
    The 10 in red might be worth a punt on, if he could run more into the box instead of our wide , he's tall , perhaps he could head a ball .?

  9. #9

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Obviously Warnock has a long memory - this is the game where a newly appointed Cotterill Brum side beat us 1 nil

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iURPXrBKfk

    Well he's quick - Him and Che Adams gave Morrison and Manga a real tough time

    However Adams has gone on for £15m and this guy has hardly set the world alight - probably because he was ut fr 15 months with a cruciate injury

    But he is quick!
    No 10 in red looked okay ,pity he didn't run towards the goal ?

  10. #10

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    How good is he at protecting the back 4?

  11. #11

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    How good is he at protecting the back 4?
    Did you mean to type 4 or door 😉

  12. #12
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,577

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Vassell could be a good signing - been very unlucky with injuries so his record looks poor, but he has pace and could still become a very effective striker. But I don't understand why Warnock is so insistent that another attacking player is the priority and that he is prepared to stick with the current CM and RB options if he can get one. It feels as if we are looking at the wrong part of the pitch.

    He also went out of his way before Wigan to talk up Ralls, Bacuna and Madine - saying how happy he was with them and they have come back better players. I hope he's right. The performance at the DW didn't give me confidence that CM and No 9 options are sorted (though hopefully Robert Gratzel will be a success)

  13. #13

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    A proven league 1 / 2 player... not sure heís shown much in championship
    Icwales are saying he scored 1 goal in 23 appearances after a very bad anterior cruciate ligament injury.

    StT.
    <><

  14. #14

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Warnock likes covering all the bases. If we get a new striker in then he's the final piece that'll put us over the top, and if we fail to sign anyone then it's fine 'cos "as I've said all along I've got faith in the squad we've got".

    Some Birmingham fans seem to think Vassell is a decent striker who shouldn't be going, so maybe he'll surprise us and and actually be a Cardiff striker who scores occasionally. Seems to have spend most of last season just coming off the bench coming back after that nasty injury, didn't start a game last year.

  15. #15

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    At 25 he's one for the future. I look forward to him being Young Player of the Year when he's 27
    Chuck a positive post in now and again, the frown lines around your face have less chance of becoming permanent

  16. #16

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    The fee being bandied about online is £3m. Obviously Birmingham not too taken with Bogle after his spell there, either as a swap or player-plus-cash deal.

  17. #17

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    garbage --- feck off

  18. #18

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    This summer has been an absolute shitshow. Paint in any way you want, we have failed to recruit anywhere near as well as the other teams in contention. Well done Warnock.

  19. #19

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    The first thing my 13-year old son does whenever we're linked with a player is to check his FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) rating. Vassell is 65....2pts less than Matt Connolly

  20. #20

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Obviously Warnock has a long memory - this is the game where a newly appointed Cotterill Brum side beat us 1 nil

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iURPXrBKfk

    Well he's quick - Him and Che Adams gave Morrison and Manga a real tough time

    However Adams has gone on for £15m and this guy has hardly set the world alight - probably because he was ut fr 15 months with a cruciate injury

    But he is quick!
    That game was came to mind for me when I heard we were linked with him.

    I hope our scouting of him isn't solely based on that one game though!

  21. #21

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    This summer has been an absolute shitshow. Paint in any way you want, we have failed to recruit anywhere near as well as the other teams in contention. Well done Warnock.
    But Mehmet and Ken work so hard. Canít fault them really. And Vincent. Donít forget Vincent.

  22. #22

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    But Mehmet and Ken work so hard. Can’t fault them really. And Vincent. Don’t forget Vincent.
    Can you imagine how bad our transfer windows after the parachute payments will get?


    Or maybe young, exciting players just don't want to play under Neil unless it's in the premier league

  23. #23

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    This summer has been an absolute shitshow. Paint in any way you want, we have failed to recruit anywhere near as well as the other teams in contention. Well done Warnock.
    Yeah but we're going to let Cunningham go without any left back cover, and we gave Damour a new deal but then didn't even give him a squad number. Oh, and we have 3 contracted centre mids with squad numbers but about 6 strikers. Don't know what you're whining about it.

  24. #24

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    I'm so underwhelmed it's painful

  25. #25

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yeah but we're going to let Cunningham go without any left back cover, and we gave Damour a new deal but then didn't even give him a squad number. Oh, and we have 3 contracted centre mids with squad numbers but about 6 strikers. Don't know what you're whining about it.
    You really could argue Fulham have a better team now than they did last year. Leeds who look quality anyway, strengthened further. Our two biggest rivals dwarf us in player quality. It's startling how naive and unambitious our club are in the transfer market, no balls whatsoever. I mean, how the **** have Derby signed Rooney? What do Derby have over us? Not much really.

    Our fan base thinking our squad is top 3 quality is laughable. Have a day off. The naivety, and arrogance of some of our fans is embarrassing. We've got weaker. Considerably.

  26. #26

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You really could argue Fulham have a better team now than they did last year. Leeds who look quality anyway, strengthened further. Our two biggest rivals dwarf us in player quality. It's startling how naive and unambitious our club are in the transfer market, no balls whatsoever. I mean, how the **** have Derby signed Rooney? What do Derby have over us? Not much really.

    Our fan base thinking our squad is top 3 quality is laughable. Have a day off. The naivety, and arrogance of some of our fans is embarrassing. We've got weaker. Considerably.
    Yet when we got promoted Warnock said even if we went down we would be so much stronger for it. Laughable.

  27. #27

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Vassel? appears to have been at Plymouth around the same time as Nelson. Were they in their development setup/academy?

  28. #28

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Looks like this one will be happening.

    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

    #BCFC manager Pep Clotet tells @talksport2 Isaac Vassell is close to a move to #cardiffcity

  29. #29

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You really could argue Fulham have a better team now than they did last year. Leeds who look quality anyway, strengthened further. Our two biggest rivals dwarf us in player quality. It's startling how naive and unambitious our club are in the transfer market, no balls whatsoever. I mean, how the **** have Derby signed Rooney? What do Derby have over us? Not much really.

    Our fan base thinking our squad is top 3 quality is laughable. Have a day off. The naivety, and arrogance of some of our fans is embarrassing. We've got weaker. Considerably.
    Derby have Cocu, who Rooney has spoken to and wants to work with because of his similar style to LVG


    Or so they say.

  30. #30

    Re: Isaac Vassell

    I wouldn't want Rooney here.

    If Vassell is still the same player he was two or three years ago after missing so long with injury, then I think he could be a good signing.

    I'm still wishing for someone in the middle of the park who would help ensure that the all too frequent spells we see when we seem almost incapable of giving and receiving a pass do not last as long as they do now, but I'm not very hopeful we'll get one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •