+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Isaac Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Taarabt signed for Spurs, his career nose dived, Warnock got hold of him and improved him.

Also, I can't believe I've missed it: Sol Bamba.
    Also Hoilett, while Etheridge and NML have kicked on no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He's definitely a striker (it says 'centre forward' under the photo of him on that link).

I think the unproven comment is accurate. 23 games in the Championship and 1 goal... Does that sound a 'proven' Championship player to you?
    He's only played 700 minutes of football in the championship, so "23 games" is a big stretch. 7-8 games worth of minutes

I really just don't understand why Tan & Co can't grow a pair of bollocks and open the chequebook whilst we can? Or is it that they are anticipating some sort of embargo in the future and now won't spend much?

Show some ambition and players will come. I'm not being funny, Vaulks might turn out to be a gem, but he and Flint are hardly saying to the other teams in the league and potential targets "look at us, we mean business". They're just really safe signings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Derry and Hill has decent careers pre-Warnock. Not sure where Orr comes into it. Paddy Kenny was long-standing favourite of Warnock’s but his career wasn’t rescued by him.
    They were never going to be players who'd play in a promoted team until they played for Warnock.

I'm not one for painting warnock is a messiah like many but he has definitely have players play for him at a standard they'd never played at before or since. He definitely raises the cielings for otherwise average players.

Look how he got that doomed Rotherham side playing.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's only played 700 minutes of football in the championship, so "23 games" is a big stretch. 7-8 games worth of minutes
    That's even worse.

That's even worse.
    How is it worse?

Heisenberg

How is it worse?
    The poster I was responding to earlier appeared to argue that Vassell wasn't an unproven Championship player. I thought that he'd played 23 games and scored 1 solitary goal. You've now informed me that he's only played about 7-8 games worth of minutes in the division, which is far worse than I'd realised.

The poster I was responding to earlier appeared to argue that Vassell wasn't an unproven Championship player. I thought that he'd played 23 games and scored 1 solitary goal. You've now informed me that he's only played about 7-8 games worth of minutes in the division, which is far worse than I'd realised.
    it bumps his goals to games ratio up though

Yeah but we should buy him instead of a centre mid because we've only got Glatzel, Ward, Madine and Bogle competing for one position, while we've got Bacuna, Ralls and Vaulks for 2.

I would argue that it means he's unproven, especially given the disruption of his injuries.
    If he had played 23 games and scored 1 goal then it would be fairly damning evidence that he wasn't up to it at this level.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    it bumps his goals to games ratio up though
    True dat.

Where's Not Eddie May these days? He loved a good G2G ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    It should take you to a review of the Pompey v Brum EFL game from last night, where it mentions Vassell wasn't in Brums line up last night because he is on his way to another club, which looks like being Cardiff City. The link works fine for me...
    Hats why I asked as that’s what normally happens and it goes via the app, but it didn’t for me so I did it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Also Hoilett, while Etheridge and NML have kicked on no end.
    Warnock took NML and Etheridge from league 1 and made them Premier league players

Heisenberg

I would argue that it means he's unproven, especially given the disruption of his injuries.
    If he had played 23 games and scored 1 goal then it would be fairly damning evidence that he wasn't up to it at this level.
    He's literally unproven. I'm not commenting on his ability, potential or being critical of him in any way. It's just a fact that he's unproven as he's not played anywhere near close to enough games in the division.

He's literally unproven. I'm not commenting on his ability, potential or being critical of him in any way. It's just a fact that he's unproven as he's not played anywhere near close to enough games in the division.
    I'd agree he's unproven, but for me that's better than having been proven to be not good enough. Presumably our scouts have seen something in him they like

Heisenberg

I'd agree he's unproven, but for me that's better than having been proven to be not good enough. Presumably our scouts have seen something in him they like
    Agreed.

Warnock does do some strange things in the transfer market, been a pretty underwhelming pre season hasn't it
    Exactly the same as last season, planning ahead is not one of his strong points.

Agreed.
    Not sure if our scouts know what a striker is though

Iour scouts have seen something in him they like

our scouts

Heisenberg

I'd agree he's unproven, but for me that's better than having been proven to be not good enough.
    It just occurred to me that we shouldn't be in a position where we are looking at unproven or proven to not be good enough players at this level. We've just been relegated from the Premier League. If we can't attract/are not looking to sign proven Championship strikers as a bare minimum, then there's something seriously wrong at the club.

It just occurred to me that we shouldn't be in a position where we are looking at unproven or proven to not be good enough players at this level. We've just been relegated from the Premier League. If we can't attract/are not looking to sign proven Championship strikers as a bare minimum, then there's something seriously wrong at the club.
    The club is obviously lowering its sights and is content to just be an also-ran in this division methinks.

Perhaps someone should tell the scouts that a striker is meant to score goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The club is obviously lowering its sights and is content to just be an also-ran in this division methinks.
    Are you saying we are content to be also-rans two seasons in a row? I can see a pattern emerging here!

I'd struggle to see us making the play offs if this is the squad we are going with. We are desperate for 2 centre midfield players. Especially one who can pick a pass.