+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Today has the potential to be on a par with the Ridsdale season ticket money scam.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We have already signed 7 players and spent around £15m so far with Vassell possibly to follow, so could be up to £20m altogether. Whats happening now is the normal wheelings and dealings at any club around deadline day. Instead of being interested and excited about it all, you lot seem to have entered blind panic mode and have a go at anything City. I just don't get it. Enjoy it for goodness sake and see what the season brings. NW wouldn't be here if he wasn't going to have a real go at promotion again.
    So are we not allowed to discuss the obvious lack of depth in the squad? Do we have to wait and see what happens before we talk about it?

I will still enjoy it, but how can anyone not think we need reinforcements in centre midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    How someone can’t rate Bobby Reid I don’t think I’ll ever understand.
    He’s talented, quick, not sure I’ve ever seen him give up and not try all game...

Flint is a donkey and Tomlin is a waster who every manager to date has given up on so I’d get frustration there.

But Bobby Reid?!?
    If Cardiff sell him it would be an absolutely idiotic decision.
    He is exactly what teams need in this division.
    I agree, you can see from his movement how intelligent he is as a footballer.

He’s talented, quick, not sure I’ve ever seen him give up and not try all game...

Flint is a donkey and Tomlin is a waster who every manager to date has given up on so I’d get frustration there.

But Bobby Reid?!?
    Jursset, can you stay like this please?

Sincerely,
    Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If we're selling Reid and replacing him with Gory and Vassell, what's the point of Warnock being here? We're not going up, we almost certainly aren't going down. I'd rather we write this year off as a bad job and get someone else in as a free hit. At least that way we're in a position to build next summer as opposed to a massive transition being required if we had any desires of a promotion push, which on the face of it, we almost certainly don't have now.
    What was the point in buying him last year? And moreover not playing him? Citing he and Murphy would be great to have should we go down....

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We have already signed 7 players and spent around £15m so far with Vassell possibly to follow, so could be up to £20m altogether. Whats happening now is the normal wheelings and dealings at any club around deadline day. Instead of being interested and excited about it all, you lot seem to have entered blind panic mode and have a go at anything City. I just don't get it. Enjoy it for goodness sake and see what the season brings. NW wouldn't be here if he wasn't going to have a real go at promotion again.
    Have a go by selling arguably our best player to rivals? It’s not like a PL team are offering us 20 million is it?

But Bobby Reid?!?
    What have you done with the real Jursset? Have you kidnapped or usurped him?

I actually agree with every word that you've written above.

I got wind of this from the article today below....
    Found the comment about Warnock and Reid’s relationship as “professional” interesting.
    Macgregor is usually fairly close to the club and not often wide of the mark.

Bobby Reid is open to a return to Bristol City but any transfer to bring the forward back to Ashton Gate from Cardiff remains complicated.

Bristol Live understands that Bristol City have long been aware of Reid's availability and the player would be happy to come back to BS3, just 12 months after being sold for £10m.

Lee Johnson and Neil Warnock have been in regular conversation over the summer regarding a number of subjects in the transfer window, including Reid, and the two managers have a good working relationship.

Reid made the controversial switch to Cardiff in 2018 due to the opportunity of playing in the Premier League and a substantial salary increase on his £4,000-a-week wage at City.

However, the 26-year-old made just 16 league starts and despite becoming a fan favourite among the Cardiff support has never really appeared to have had the full faith of manager Neil Warnock.

Indeed their relationship is said to be "professional" at best and with Cardiff soon to confirm the signing of Isaac Vassell from Birmingham City, it pushes him further down the pecking order.

With Vassell able to play in the No10 role and Callum Paterson Warnock's preferred choice when he returns to fitness, Reid is facing up to another season potentially as a second or third option.

But with Reid's prospects at the Cardiff City Stadium appearing increasingly uncertain , any deal to bring him back to City requires hurdles to be negotiated.

Firstly, the nature of the fee with Cardiff keen to recoup a large percentage of the £10m fee and his significant salary, believed to be in the region of £25,000 a week.

A loan switch with move to a permanent is an option, although Cardiff would prefer a permanent deal.

The above figures are sizeable but not unsurmountable and with the clock ticking and City's desire for a striker , they can be met.

There is also the consideration that another Championship club, believed to be Fulham, have also declared an interest in Reid and he and Joe Bryan remain close friends.

There is also the prospect of living in London and the fact the Cottagers are considered, as it stands, more likely automatic promotion contenders.

Reid has been a constant visitor back to Bristol since his move and remains in touch with many of the first-team squad and staff and would be a popular addition to the dressing room .

With the same head coach, a number of the coaching staff and teammates still at Ashton Gate, the idea that a player should "never go back" also doesn't ring true given the familiarity of the set-up he would return to.

It seems that Warnock has fallen out with all of our permanent signings from last summer.

All those signings last year to make us a force in the Championship this year.
    Getting rid of them all and signing players like Vassel, Vaulks and Nelson to make us a force in League 1 next year.

If we make a loss on Reid it will be the stupidest thing we've done in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If we make a loss on Reid it will be the stupidest thing we've done in a long time.
    Especially when you consider the state of the market now, where Isaac Vassell's value has tripled.

Bye Bobby.

Maybe he really does hate Bristol...

His decision. Fee similar to what we paid.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Bye Bobby.

FFS - **** this season and **** warnock.

Bye Bobby.

If they wanted all £10m for him, I’d be happy for us to pay it.
    And the £25k per week.
    We gave Kalas £30k per week and Reid is just as good and a proven Championship scorer.

I’d give them back what they gave us if it scares Fulham off.

It would just be like us to loan him to Bristol City and pay towards his wages.. now THAT would really rub salt in the wound and something you wouldn't put pass Warnock to do.

Unless the club announce Bale (it would take some amazing announcement like this) then this move will seriously impact confidence in Neil and the club as a whole.

If they wanted all £10m for him, I’d be happy for us to pay it.
    And the £25k per week.
    We gave Kalas £30k per week and Reid is just as good and a proven Championship scorer.

I’d give them back what they gave us if it scares Fulham off.
    Bobby chose Fulham over Bristol. Gutted .

Bye Bobby.

I can't blame him.

Bringing Rhys Healey on instead of him at Fulham was the absolute low point of last season.

Bye Bobby.

**** this club.

Bye Bobby.

Where are the club going from here ??

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    There is precious little value in keeping an asset like Bobby Reid when the manager is determined not to play him to his strengths or play him at all. The board have made their decision to give Warnock another season so provided any money was immediately re-invested in a quality replacement who could fit into a Warnock team it might make sense. My concern would be I have little faith in Warnock and the so-called transfer committee spending the money wisely.
    Ried is 26. Warnock is retiring at the end of this season. To me, that makes Reid more valuable to Cardiff City than Warnock.

What an absolute shitshow - This all would be somewhat understandable if we had someone quality lined up to spend the fee on and we were selling to PL rather than a rival, but this Vassell guy looks an absolute bag of shite. Someone at the club needs to answer for this fast it's effing lunacy.

Selling our most talented player to a rival for zero profit. How is DML spinning this one?

He’d need a Wales-Bales sized conspiracy, is George Soros behind this?

Somebody said last year that we were shopping in Lidl's not Waitrose. Currently looks like we're shopping in Poundstretcher!