+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

We're not selling our best players. Oh, you thought we meant Bruno, Reid and Zohore? We've kept Jazz and Bacuna instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Somebody said last year that we were shopping in Lidl's not Waitrose. Currently looks like we're shopping in Poundstretcher!
    Closing down sale. Everything must go.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Bobby chose Fulham over Bristol. Gutted .
    Do you know if it's true that Reid has wanted out since the end of last season?

Bobby chose Fulham over Bristol. Gutted .
    Doesn’t shock me if that happens for all of the reasons in the newspaper article.

He left us because he wanted to play in the PL and he has his best chance for that again with Fulham and staking a place.

Don’t think anyone can deny him that chance.
    And to answer your question he does still have a lot of contact with the club.
    He’s a top lad.

I am in just in disbelief Cardiff are selling him.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We have already signed 7 players and spent around £15m so far with Vassell possibly to follow, so could be up to £20m altogether. Whats happening now is the normal wheelings and dealings at any club around deadline day. Instead of being interested and excited about it all, you lot seem to have entered blind panic mode and have a go at anything City. I just don't get it. Enjoy it for goodness sake and see what the season brings. NW wouldn't be here if he wasn't going to have a real go at promotion again.
    You trotted pout the same nonsense last season. That turned out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    I am in just in disbelief Cardiff are selling him.
    We need him off the books to free up the money for Bale

F’ck off Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    What an absolute shitshow - This all would be somewhat understandable if we had someone quality lined up to spend the fee on and we were selling to PL rather than a rival, but this Vassell guy looks an absolute bag of shite. Someone at the club needs to answer for this fast it's effing lunacy.
    I wouldn't even understand it then! We have one player in our whole squad who can play between the lines. He should be not for sale simple as that.

I hope Warnock falls on his sword.

Warnock out

Somebody said last year that we were shopping in Lidl's not Waitrose. Currently looks like we're shopping in Poundstretcher!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Closing down sale. Everything must go.
    We're at a car boot sale just as everyone is starting to pack away their unsold crap.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I wouldn't even understand it then! We have one player in our whole squad who can play between the lines. He should be not for sale simple as that.

I hope Warnock falls on his sword.

Warnock out
    Totally agree - almost hope we lose the next 5 - get ****ing shot, this is seriously bad management and not looking forward to Saturday at all now

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Warnock doesn't rate him that's plain to see!
    Why sign him then?

StT.
    <><

Bye Bobby.

Maybe he really does hate Bristol...

His decision. Fee similar to what we paid.
    "Similar" can cover a multitude of sins - the club should be ashamed of themselves if they're selling at a loss.

However, I would say that if the deal goes through it would mean that we would be operating at a profit in terms of transfer fees this summer and with a greatly reduced wage bill at a time when we're are in receipt of substantial parachute payments and our owner is reducing club debt by taking up shares - it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Why sign him then?

StT.
    <><
    Sceptics would say there could have been money to be made

At the moment the approach seems more akin to that given to Russell Slade than of a team with promotion ambition. Even if lightening did strike twice the quality of the squad would be even further away from that needed to compete at Premier League level. I thought that Fulham last year was a low point but if Mitrovic and Reid gel then their match up against two deep sitting centre halves in Morrison and Flint could put that into the shade.

We need him off the books to free up the money for Bale
    Slightly off topic of Championship but his treatment by Zidane has been a ****ing disgrace.

If he goes then Warnock has lost the plot. Signs a lad, hardly plays him then sells him to a rival with no replacement.

Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Sceptics would say there could have been money to be made
    yes...hes certainly been in the shop window.P

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    At the moment the approach seems more akin to that given to Russell Slade than of a team with promotion ambition. Even if lightening did strike twice the quality of the squad would be even further away from that needed to compete at Premier League level. I thought that Fulham last year was a low point but if Mitrovic and Reid gel then their match up against two deep sitting centre halves in Morrison and Flint could put that into the shade.
    And Knockaert

From Rob Phillips - BBC Wales

On Bobby Reid at @CardiffCityFC. I read what Sol Bamba has said today. It’s clear Reid wants to go and given his lack of 1st team opportunities last season and his goal scoring track record, its understandable. Needs to be replaced, though, IMHO with a proper No 10.

And if Warnock thinks the fans are falling for the hard luck, we tried to get people in last minute but it all went wrong for ***insert shit excuse here*** then he can do one and take the rest of the incompetent tw@ts with him.

It's one thing being a bit lax in the market but actively selling our best and weakening the squad after trying for Premier League survival is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    From Rob Phillips - BBC Wales

On Bobby Reid at @CardiffCityFC. I read what Sol Bamba has said today. It’s clear Reid wants to go and given his lack of 1st team opportunities last season and his goal scoring track record, its understandable. Needs to be replaced, though, IMHO with a proper No 10.
    I put that solely down to Warnock.

He signs a quality addition and then gives him a bit part role. All on Warnock this. It should hardly come as a surprise to the manager that he wants to leave if Bamba and the other players know.

Let's say that leaving it until the final few hours of the transfer window is convenient for all concerned.

“I know it's none of my business anymore but Cardiff letting Bobby Reid go is pure madness. Warnock seems to have an aversion to No.10 playmakers.
    Wonder if Lee Tomlin might move as well?”

Dominic Booth
    Manchester Evening News @DomBooth19

On this note I’ll go and spend the day hoping we bring in at least a striker from somewhere.

If we don’t I am sending hate mail to Mark Ashton.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Similar" can cover a multitude of sins - the club should be ashamed of themselves if they're selling at a loss.

However, I would say that if the deal goes through it would mean that we would be operating at a profit in terms of transfer fees this summer and with a greatly reduced wage bill at a time when we're are in receipt of substantial parachute payments and our owner is reducing club debt by taking up shares - it makes no sense.
    Unless he's gearing up to Sell, and has somebody to sell to.

Have I missed something ?
    People are speaking as if this has been confirmed .