+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Isaac Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You really could argue Fulham have a better team now than they did last year. Leeds who look quality anyway, strengthened further. Our two biggest rivals dwarf us in player quality. It's startling how naive and unambitious our club are in the transfer market, no balls whatsoever. I mean, how the **** have Derby signed Rooney? What do Derby have over us? Not much really.

Our fan base thinking our squad is top 3 quality is laughable. Have a day off. The naivety, and arrogance of some of our fans is embarrassing. We've got weaker. Considerably.
    Yet when we got promoted Warnock said even if we went down we would be so much stronger for it. Laughable.

First Team

Vassel? appears to have been at Plymouth around the same time as Nelson. Were they in their development setup/academy?

Looks like this one will be happening.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

#BCFC manager Pep Clotet tells @talksport2 Isaac Vassell is close to a move to #cardiffcity

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You really could argue Fulham have a better team now than they did last year. Leeds who look quality anyway, strengthened further. Our two biggest rivals dwarf us in player quality. It's startling how naive and unambitious our club are in the transfer market, no balls whatsoever. I mean, how the **** have Derby signed Rooney? What do Derby have over us? Not much really.

Our fan base thinking our squad is top 3 quality is laughable. Have a day off. The naivety, and arrogance of some of our fans is embarrassing. We've got weaker. Considerably.
    Derby have Cocu, who Rooney has spoken to and wants to work with because of his similar style to LVG

Or so they say.

I wouldn't want Rooney here.

If Vassell is still the same player he was two or three years ago after missing so long with injury, then I think he could be a good signing.

I'm still wishing for someone in the middle of the park who would help ensure that the all too frequent spells we see when we seem almost incapable of giving and receiving a pass do not last as long as they do now, but I'm not very hopeful we'll get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    According to Alan Nixon on Twitter.
    From the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49160095

Last two paragraphs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    From the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49160095

Last two paragraphs
    Not sure about anyone else but that just took me to the bbc sport home page

It should take you to a review of the Pompey v Brum EFL game from last night, where it mentions Vassell wasn't in Brums line up last night because he is on his way to another club, which looks like being Cardiff City. The link works fine for me...

Do we sign anyone who isn’t a crock, serving a ban or got a criminal record?

Who is his agent ? Not USM I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Do we sign anyone who isn’t a crock, serving a ban or got a criminal record?
    or one for the future,injury prone,and hardly scores goals.

What a bunch of miserable ***** you are

Don't know a lot about the guy, they are the ones that usually surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What a bunch of miserable ***** you are

Don't know a lot about the guy, they are the ones that usually surprise me.
    £3m on a striker when we've got loads already, when we play 1 up front and have 3 centre mids? Yeah, I can't see why anyone is annoyed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    £3m on a striker when we've got loads already, when we play 1 up front and have 3 centre mids? Yeah, I can't see why anyone is annoyed either.
    Doesn't mean we don't need a striker. People were saying we needed one before zohore went. I don't see them all being here come Thursday. Why don't we at least save all the disappointment until after the window and see what we have then.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Doesn't mean we don't need a striker. People were saying we needed one before zohore went. I don't see them all being here come Thursday. Why don't we at least save all the disappointment until after the window and see what we have then.
    We needed a striker but all the noises coming out are we're not going to get a centre mid. People have said we needed 2 or 3, myself included. Even Morrison has said so! We've lost Gunnar, Camarasa and Arter and replaced him them all with Vaulks.

If he signs I don't see where he's going to play. Talking to the numerous Bluenoses who I work with, they say that he doesn't play as a lone striker but as one of a pair, sitting in behind or alongside the Centre Forward. This is a combination that NW very rarely uses. My immediate thought was is he a back up for Bobby Reid. However Reid is a midfield player who joins the CF. It sounds like Vassell rarely drops back into MF or works back, he is more of a 2nd striker. Perhaps NW will try 2 up front more this season.

I think it's fair to say that the Bluenose ST's who I've talked to this morning don't see him as a loss. They seem to think that the fee is £1.5M with conditions that would increase it.

£3m on a striker completely unproven at Championship level coming off the back of a serious injury. What can go wrong!

I reckon he could be ok. Warnock has a habit of resurrecting players careers. Perhaps.......

This signing would make no sense unless we're offloading two of Bogle, Madine and Ward.

Hopefully it's Madine who's off, Ward is useful out wide in an emergency and I'd fancy Bogle to come off the bench to grab a goal over any of our current strikers (Glatzel not included right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I reckon he could be ok. Warnock has a habit of resurrecting players careers. Perhaps.......
    Yep I tend to agree.

If you have a quick read of the Brum message boards you won't see any of them slating him. There's a mix of people saying "we didn't start him so he won't be a loss" and "big mistake - he'll be brilliant for them".

I do think if we persist playing 1 striker then the squad is a bit top heavy but.... we've had one game this season, the window's not closed, we might change our formation to suit our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    If he signs I don't see where he's going to play. Talking to the numerous Bluenoses who I work with, they say that he doesn't play as a lone striker but as one of a pair, sitting in behind or alongside the Centre Forward. This is a combination that NW very rarely uses. My immediate thought was is he a back up for Bobby Reid. However Reid is a midfield player who joins the CF. It sounds like Vassell rarely drops back into MF or works back, he is more of a 2nd striker. Perhaps NW will try 2 up front more this season.

I think it's fair to say that the Bluenose ST's who I've talked to this morning don't see him as a loss. They seem to think that the fee is £1.5M with conditions that would increase it.
    Seems he's been an impact sub most of his career and I'd guess that's how he would start off at least for us.

Our squad is so unbalanced. At the moment we've got four strikers, four wingers and three attacking midfielders, but only three central midfielders. We're going to be seriously underpowered in the middle of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Yep I tend to agree.

If you have a quick read of the Brum message boards you won't see any of them slating him. There's a mix of people saying "we didn't start him so he won't be a loss" and "big mistake - he'll be brilliant for them".

I do think if we persist playing 1 striker then the squad is a bit top heavy but.... we've had one game this season, the window's not closed, we might change our formation to suit our squad.
    The formation that best suits our current squad is 4-2-4.

Surely that's what we played at Wigan and that didn't work too well.