+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Re: Updated: Isaac Vassell in - Bobby Reid out?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This isn't great news. As others have already mentioned, most were hoping that Reid and Murphy could show everyone what they were brought in to do, by Warnock, in the championship.
    A feeling fuelled after the MU game that given the opportunity and service Reid could excel.

I hope I'm well off the mark here but if this were to happen, some might argue that we seeing a load of asset stripping!

I hope you know what you're doing Neil

I wouldn’t go as far as asset stripping. It’s a long way away from that but selling Reid makes no sense. He is a proven top end performer at this level. No idea why you would let him go.

Re: Isaac Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Exactly. Reid scored 20 in this division the last season he was here. We should be building the team around him not swapping him for an injury prone attacker who does not have as good a scoring record.
    Exactly.....big no no if true....wtf is going on?

Last time Reid was scoring 20 odd goals we were pissing promotion without him.

It appears that our strange transfer dealings have even confused the Twitter punters out there 🤪

Re: Isaac Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Self appointed king of twitter news with a scatter gun approach, a proven track record of failure, who blocks anyone who disagrees with him and we turn it into a 5 page thread in a few hours.

He wrote: Cardiff. Poss exit for Reid with Vassell arrival. Bristol City keeping an eye on that one. May not be alone.

& suddenly it's factual!

Yes he does that them right but for everyone he gets right he gets 4 or 5 wrong. He could be right with this one but lets just wait & see.
    Just as some supporting evidence, this is what he wrote about Vassell a couple of days ago

SWANSEA. In for Vassell at BIRMINGHAM. Offering more money than LUTON who prefer a loan to buy job.

We never know, but this has all the hallmarks of bullshit. I'd be very disappointed if it turned out to be true but I don't think we should panic at this stage. I don't know whether Bristol City have got that much money to spend and I'd be very surprised if Sir Neil allowed it.

Whether it’s true or not, there have been some concerns around the club. There has been a lack of significant spending in the transfer window, coupled with the recent stories that Dalman was supposedly close to leaving for Charlton. It wasn’t too long ago that Tan had to deny that the club was up for sale, after a sales prospectus had been produced.

Maybe his sale in the MLS team is due to something other than concentrating on Cardiff city as was stated at the time.

If Bobby Reid is sold without any significant replacement, then you have to wonder why a manager supposedly in the last year with the club would consider sanctioning such a move.

Vassell wasnt as close to being finalised as reported elsewhere. Things may have developed more this evening but it wasnt a done deal.

In any event Reid isn't reliant on Vassell but think club have suggested that he can go at the right price. I doubt anyone will pay the price but at least we only have 24 hours to find out . I think we will replace Reid if he goes but like everyone else hope he doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Vassell wasnt as close to being finalised as reported elsewhere. Things may have developed more this evening but it wasnt a done deal.

In any event Reid isn't reliant on Vassell but think club have suggested that he can go at the right price. I doubt anyone will pay the price but at least we only have 24 hours to find out . I think we will replace Reid if he goes but like everyone else hope he doesnt.
    ok lets start this here then, the Wurzles have the £20M from the Webster transfer, so that's Reid's release value.

Oh and Vassell for Danny Ward straight swap

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post

Unless the fee we get is a significant increase on what we paid for him, why would you consider selling? Don’t think he’s ever had a fair crack of things, either the way we play has bypassed him or he just hasn’t had a consistent run in the team. If he does go and is not replaced, even more questions need to be asked about our transfer strategy. It seems like the 3rd or 4th window where we go into the last day still needing players in positions that has been obvious - centre midfield and right back, and almost desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Unless the fee we get is a significant increase on what we paid for him, why would you consider selling? Don’t think he’s ever had a fair crack of things, either the way we play has bypassed him or he just hasn’t had a consistent run in the team. If he does go and is not replaced, even more questions need to be asked about our transfer strategy. It seems like the 3rd or 4th window where we go into the last day still needing players in positions that has been obvious - centre midfield and right back, and almost desperate.
    Agree with this... and to add it’s not just about throwing money around at signings... Madine 6million...

Let’s see what today brings but if we sell Reid and bring in Vassell I would have to conclude it’s one of our worst transfer windows for some time

Of course I’ll get behind the new signings but you have to question the transfer policy of the club

We seem to have a large squad but no X factor and also huge weaknesses in areas that have needing to be addressed for some time

Just as some supporting evidence, this is what he wrote about Vassell a couple of days ago

SWANSEA. In for Vassell at BIRMINGHAM. Offering more money than LUTON who prefer a loan to buy job.
    That could have been true a few days ago... and then we come in for Vassell

Anyway I hope it’s nonsense and Reid stays and plays

If I was Reid I’d be asking for a transfer... we don’t play the kind of football where he can thrive, sadly, and also I think Warnock is so so poor at creating an attacking style of play and forward line formations that Reid may be the victim and in and out of the side with Paterson preferred there... Reid is such a good player at this level it would be championship suicide to get rid of him or keep him and not play to his strengths.... but that’s Warnock for you.... has he ever done well in his third season at a club 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unless the offer is a great one then I don't see Reid going. Started the match at Wigan and was a good goal scorer at this level previously.

Just a rumour, media so hungry at this time of year. Is shay given signing yet?

ok lets start this here then, the Wurzles have the £20M from the Webster transfer, so that's Reid's release value.

Oh and Vassell for Danny Ward straight swap
    I'd take that if there is any truth in this rumour? On the other hand players have so much power nowadays that any prospective move can only take place if the player wants it, so if Reid wants out what's the point in keeping him?
    As long as it allows the club to get in a decent replacement in before 5.00pm today, which is a tall order unless they have already been working on this in the background.

Let's just wait and see if there is any substance to the story first of all

Let's look at the facts, Decordova-Reid and Murphy were our two biggest signings last summer and were given an opportunity, as proven Championship performers, to show they could do the business in the Premier League. In the event, both of them missed more matches than they would have expected with things culminating in the disastrous Fulham defeat where one of them came on as an afterthought with about three minutes left and the other was not even selected for the eighteen.

Bearing those facts in mind and the lack of form shown by either player against Nice and Wigan, would it be beyond the bounds of possibility that either player would go back like a shot if their former clubs offered them the chance? Neither player looks particularly happy to me currently.

If Decordova-Reid leaves today, we really do need to do more in the remaining hours than just sign Vassell.

Bristol would be the deal for Reid I'm sure, no one else likely to come in with a good offer. I'm sure we haven't finished paying for him yet either so it could all be worked out and they have money from Webster and Kelly? sales (fair play they seem to make some good money each season). They have though just spent 8m on a Monaco 18 year old, not sure if attacking mid.

Probably the one deal you could definitely say the player would want (in the championship).

But I'd still be surprised at this stage. Particularly given lack of time for replacements.

Transfer window really does only need to be 2 weeks. The weeks and weeks of posturing, rumours, negotiations and agent bs is just unnecessary.

Maybe its a ploy.

Struggling to get our business done. Its a signal of intent that we keep Bobby (even though he wasnt ever going). People react better to our lack of signings.

I honestly dont think that is the case, I've heard as I posted previously. However, I've def heard stranger things!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Let's look at the facts, Decordova-Reid and Murphy were our two biggest signings last summer and were given an opportunity, as proven Championship performers, to show they could do the business in the Premier League. In the event, both of them missed more matches than they would have expected with things culminating in the disastrous Fulham defeat where one of them came on as an afterthought with about three minutes left and the other was not even selected for the eighteen.

Bearing those facts in mind and the lack of form shown by either player against Nice and Wigan, would it be beyond the bounds of possibility that either player would go back like a shot if their former clubs offered them the chance? Neither player looks particularly happy to me currently.

If Decordova-Reid leaves today, we really do need to do more in the remaining hours than just sign Vassell.
    Agree Bob. Think we would though.

Its not helping with the amount of players still on our books I wouldn't have thought.

At least its done earlier now.

Struggling to get business done .... I can never figure this out about transfer windows, what a way to run a business.

Any news on Sankhare or all paper talk? I would assume Cunningham will stay unless Sankhare (or ?) signs.

Struggling to get business done .... I can never figure this out about transfer windows, what a way to run a business.

Any news on Sankhare or all paper talk? I would assume Cunningham will stay unless Sankhare (or ?) signs.
    Stupid but whenever the window is, its always the same. I've never understood it either.

No idea. Thought that was dead, original interest was genuine.

Any news on departures?

The competence of our 'transfer committee' has to be brought into question after another questionable window.

I know deals can be difficult to get over the line but the apparent lack of planning in even identifying talent is frightening.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, our club is 30 years behind the game.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, our club is 30 years behind the game.
    In terms of player recruitment I'd say we've gone backwards in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The competence of our 'transfer committee' has to be brought into question after another questionable window.

I know deals can be difficult to get over the line but the apparent lack of planning in even identifying talent is frightening.

The competence of everyone at the club has to come into question if we haven't signed a centre mid come 5pm. We were promised we'd make a real go and while the players we've brought in could come off, we've got too many holes in the squad to push for top 6. 2 injuries and we'll be playing centre backs in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    In terms of player recruitment I'd say we've gone backwards in the last 10 years.
    It has always been amateur but now you're right it's worse than it was under Malky or Dave Jones.

At least under Malky we seemed to aligning ourselves with the modern game in terms of sport science etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if the players have a bag of 10 pasties from Greggs before they play!