+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think it fair to say that Leeds and Derby are demonstrating ambition. Are any other Championships clubs doing the same?

Re: I think it fair to say that Leeds and Derby are demonstrating ambition. Are any other Championships clubs doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Hopefully we'll still be pushing for the playoffs this season but I can't see how you come to this conclusion
    i would say the opposite..it's worse

Re: I think it fair to say that Leeds and Derby are demonstrating ambition. Are any other Championships clubs doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why?
    Because our defence is more "experienced"?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Puskas??? We’re signing Di Stefano then ��
    We also have Moore and Pele on our books.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    We are investing like a team worried about going to league one!
    It’s been an absolutey shocker of a transfer window. I thought last summers was bad but this one takes the biscuit.

Unless you’ve got the Cardiff City and Neil Warnock can do no wrong blinkers on then I’m afraid there’s no other way to dress it up. Absolute shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s been an absolutey shocker of a transfer window. I thought last summers was bad but this one takes the biscuit.

Unless you’ve got the Cardiff City and Neil Warnock can do no wrong blinkers on then I’m afraid there’s no other way to dress it up. Absolute shit show.
    From afar it doesn’t seem that way to me. Look at what happened when Swansea went down. They had a fire sale. That hasn’t happened at Cardiff where most of your squad is still in place. You have a strong squad and should be top six this season. Warnock knows what he is doing at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    From afar it doesn’t seem that way to me. Look at what happened when Swansea went down. They had a fire sale. That hasn’t happened at Cardiff where most of your squad is still in place. You have a strong squad and should be top six this season. Warnock knows what he is doing at this level.
    We were promoted with a squad of Championship players. We played in the Premiership with a squad of Championship players and we have started this season, with on paper, an inferior squad.

My hope is that some of our players will be better having had the Premiership experience and that the new guys surprise us.

Agree with this totally. It saddens me that it takes a poster who actually follows another club to point it out. Some of our fans are too entrenched in their opinions to realise it.

Most of last seasons team is not still in place. We’ve lost Gunnarson, Camarasa, Arter, Manga and Zohore and also Bamba and Etheridge out with long term injury.

Few of them have been replaced and those that have, have not been replaced by the same quality. Except perhaps Zohore for the German fella but that’s another venture into the unknown when our rivals are signing proven Championship quality.

Warnock banged on about signing quality, and Dalman said we were going to be giving it a real go it’s just talking the talk. Heard it for too many windows now. We are scraping the barrel for the sales in the bargain basement again.

Most of last seasons team is not still in place. We’ve lost Gunnarson, Camarasa, Arter, Manga and Zohore and also Bamba and Etheridge out with long term injury.

Few of them have been replaced and those that have, have not been replaced by the same quality. Except perhaps Zohore for the German fella but that’s another venture into the unknown when our rivals are signing proven Championship quality.

Warnock banged on about signing quality, and Dalman said we were going to be giving it a real go it’s just talking the talk. Heard it for too many windows now. We are scraping the barrel for the sales in the bargain basement again.
    I agree with this. There's no way our signings are "giving it a real go".

You have named five players that have gone. Two are still at the club but injured. You have signed quality Championship players in Vaulks and Flint plus brought in a good keeper in Joe Day. You are also in for Vassell who Brum don’t want to lose plus you have signed the German lad. So you have a squad of similar quality to two seasons ago.

You have named five players that have gone. Two are still at the club but injured. You have signed quality Championship players in Vaulks and Flint plus brought in a good keeper in Joe Day. You are also in for Vassell who Brum don’t want to lose plus you have signed the German lad. So you have a squad of similar quality to two seasons ago.

So a squad of similar quality as 2 years ago having spent over 40m net on it. Terrific.

Flint has just come off an horrendous season by his own admission and is also far too similar to Morrison to play together as demonstrated at Wigan. Any teams playing with pace will kill them. Who knows what Bamba is going to be like coming off such a serious injury at his age.

Vaulks can’t even get in the team at the expense of Bacuna.

The German is an unknown quantity and Birmingham don’t want to get rid of Vasell. Whoppee doo.

If that’s going for it I can wait to see what tightening the purse strings is going to look like.

Heisenberg

Forest have signed Carl Jenkinson today for an undisclosed fee.

It's probably not the case, but it feels like everyone is strengthening well... except us.

That sums it up I think. Bacuna is one of the central midfielders we have too, and Damour if he stays.

Looks like all the big money is in the PL and not much else happening in the Championship except for clubs selling. Bristol City have sold two players this summer for £20m and £13m, we sold Zohore and Manga for a combined £11m maximum!

Still time until tomorrow for things to change though.

How do you rate Bacuna P3 - we've not seen enough of him yet?

There are a number of players that we have not seen enough of:
    Bacuna, Cunningham, Reid, Madine, Ward, Smithies and Tomlin.

And of course we haven’t seen any of the new players so can only hope they turn out to be better than the above, not simply cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bamba is injured and we've sold Manga. We've replaced them with the glacially slow Flint, and Nelson who is unproven at this level.

We had Bryson, Halford, Grujic, Damour and Gunnar in 17/18. We had Gunnar, Camarasa and Arter in 18/19. We've replaced them with Vaulks. That's it.

We look like we're going to lose Cunningham, so we have no left back cover.

We're stronger out wide (although if Hoilett isn't the same player that's debatable) then we're probably breaking even out wide, and we've got Bobby Reid. Our inability to see us strengthen has seen us stay the same in goal, left back is the same, Peltier will be 34 by the time the season ends, so we've gone backwards there, we've sold our best centre back, we have THREE centre mids, which is frankly laughable, three attacking mids (including Paterson), good wingers and 6 strikers. It's a mess.
    It doesn't help your point if you completely ignore players. Warnock clearly likes Bacuna and we know that Ralls can do well so in theory our midfield is one Gunnarson away from being comparable to 17/18 while having much better options at 10/second striker and out wide. It also doesn't help your point if you dismiss Nelson, younger player stepping up and providing cover, when you go onto talk about defenders age and positional lack of cover as a further complaint.

We have to be one of the strongest in the division in the goalie room, left-back position, out wide and are stronger than promotion year in forward line. Saying Goalie is the same (it's not) and left-back is the same is no bad thing.

I think what Derby have done regarding selling their ground to avoid FFP sanctions is morally wrong if not illegal. Someone will come a cropper like Wimbledon if this dodgy dealing is allowed.

I also think the Rooney deal is bordering on third party ownership with someone other than Derby paying his wages even if the money is funnelled through the club to pay Rooney.

Along with snowgate Derby are the club I most detest in the Championship and I include the Jacks, the Wurzels and dirty Leeds in that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    How do you rate Bacuna P3 - we've not seen enough of him yet?
    Enigmatic. One minute he could spray a superb pass out wide. Minutes later he would mess up a short pass. Very odd player and having seen him many times I have no idea if he is any good. We did well to get the fee we did from you.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    There are a number of players that we have not seen enough of:
    Bacuna, Cunningham, Reid, Madine, Ward, Smithies and Tomlin.

And of course we haven’t seen any of the new players so can only hope they turn out to be better than the above, not simply cheaper.

Reid is an excellent player at Championship level.

Reid is an excellent player at Championship level.
    And he’s off

And he’s off
    Very poor if true. An ideal player to have at this level. I don’t understand this one.

Very poor if true. An ideal player to have at this level. I don’t understand this one.
    I was hoping it was some nobody on twitter but it’s starting to gather pace from more credible sources

I was hoping it was some nobody on twitter but it’s starting to gather pace from more credible sources
    Case in point: https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/stat...92183217541120