+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I think it fair to say that Leeds and Derby are demonstrating ambition. Are any other Championships clubs doing the same?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I think it fair to say that Leeds and Derby are demonstrating ambition. Are any other Championships clubs doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    From afar it doesn’t seem that way to me. Look at what happened when Swansea went down. They had a fire sale. That hasn’t happened at Cardiff where most of your squad is still in place. You have a strong squad and should be top six this season. Warnock knows what he is doing at this level.
    Most of last seasons team is not still in place. We’ve lost Gunnarson, Camarasa, Arter, Manga and Zohore and also Bamba and Etheridge out with long term injury.

Few of them have been replaced and those that have, have not been replaced by the same quality. Except perhaps Zohore for the German fella but that’s another venture into the unknown when our rivals are signing proven Championship quality.

Warnock banged on about signing quality, and Dalman said we were going to be giving it a real go it’s just talking the talk. Heard it for too many windows now. We are scraping the barrel for the sales in the bargain basement again.

Re: I think it fair to say that Leeds and Derby are demonstrating ambition. Are any other Championships clubs doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Most of last seasons team is not still in place. We’ve lost Gunnarson, Camarasa, Arter, Manga and Zohore and also Bamba and Etheridge out with long term injury.

Few of them have been replaced and those that have, have not been replaced by the same quality. Except perhaps Zohore for the German fella but that’s another venture into the unknown when our rivals are signing proven Championship quality.

Warnock banged on about signing quality, and Dalman said we were going to be giving it a real go it’s just talking the talk. Heard it for too many windows now. We are scraping the barrel for the sales in the bargain basement again.
    I agree with this. There's no way our signings are "giving it a real go".

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

You have named five players that have gone. Two are still at the club but injured. You have signed quality Championship players in Vaulks and Flint plus brought in a good keeper in Joe Day. You are also in for Vassell who Brum don’t want to lose plus you have signed the German lad. So you have a squad of similar quality to two seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You have named five players that have gone. Two are still at the club but injured. You have signed quality Championship players in Vaulks and Flint plus brought in a good keeper in Joe Day. You are also in for Vassell who Brum don’t want to lose plus you have signed the German lad. So you have a squad of similar quality to two seasons ago.

So a squad of similar quality as 2 years ago having spent over 40m net on it. Terrific.

Flint has just come off an horrendous season by his own admission and is also far too similar to Morrison to play together as demonstrated at Wigan. Any teams playing with pace will kill them. Who knows what Bamba is going to be like coming off such a serious injury at his age.

Vaulks can’t even get in the team at the expense of Bacuna.

The German is an unknown quantity and Birmingham don’t want to get rid of Vasell. Whoppee doo.

If that’s going for it I can wait to see what tightening the purse strings is going to look like.

How do you rate Bacuna P3 - we've not seen enough of him yet?

There are a number of players that we have not seen enough of:
    Bacuna, Cunningham, Reid, Madine, Ward, Smithies and Tomlin.

And of course we haven’t seen any of the new players so can only hope they turn out to be better than the above, not simply cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    There are a number of players that we have not seen enough of:
    Bacuna, Cunningham, Reid, Madine, Ward, Smithies and Tomlin.

And of course we haven’t seen any of the new players so can only hope they turn out to be better than the above, not simply cheaper.

Reid is an excellent player at Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    How do you rate Bacuna P3 - we've not seen enough of him yet?
    Enigmatic. One minute he could spray a superb pass out wide. Minutes later he would mess up a short pass. Very odd player and having seen him many times I have no idea if he is any good. We did well to get the fee we did from you.