Stole this from the other board but couldn't agree more with every word said.....

Long time poster, who views rather than posts these days. But this topic is something I had to contribute to.

I like Neil, he's not everyones cup of tea, he is clearly a very good motivator, a good manager in a scrappy game, fantastic with the press and the fans, geeing us up with his fist pumps etc. But it ends there for me.

Theres much more qualities than that needed in the modern game to be a success on the pitch and off it. Promotion came in a strange year for the championship, a lot of the fancied sides struggled and were clearly embarking on new projects and were in transition. It was a scrappy league hence why Neil did so well. However the entertainment value and quality of football was not great and never has been for me. Slow defence, long balls going over the top of the midfield, who regularly get out bossed in the stats. Never got in a regularly consistent striker. You fly or fall based on your signings. I could go on, weird substitutions, negative team selection and tactics.

I shout to the rooftops for my team no matter whose in charge, but I haven't lost faith in Neil, I never had it to begin with.

Keeping us up until the end of his first season should have been the agreement and thats it. Then a change, I have not enjoyed or been excited by my football down the City since Dave Jones worked with Bellamy, Ramsey, Koumas, Bothroyd, Chopra, Burke, McCormack etc etc. Neil wouldn't have signed those players.

I hoped last season would have been his last, and a fresh start was upon us, with a set philosophy for fluid attacking football, with good passing and pace. Easier said than done maybe, but Thats what makes modern football so great and addictive.

Neils footballing philosophy is a million miles away from that, and I believe a change last Christmas could well have seen a new man take us in a new direction tactically and have kept us up.

I like Neil, I cheer him and the boys on every week. But his football has never been for me. I see nothing different this season unless we get an amazing last two days of the window which is unlikely, as the window to date has been uninspiring filler signings. I fear for the season ahead, but always hope, always keep the faith :bluebird