+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are fans losing faith in Neil Warnock?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Are fans losing faith in Neil Warnock?

We did really well, kicked on in our second year and got promoted. Everyone is now saying the year we got promoted wasn't good but at the time, everyone was saying how good Wolves and Fulham were.

I'll have lost a lot of faith if we continue with the numbers we have in centre mid (3), and sell Cunningham without a replacement whilst having enough strikers to sink a ship. It's a very strange situation and I'm trying not to judge until Thursday but it seems the club doesn't really know what it's doing, which has been a bit of a theme. Our first summer window under Warnock has to be a massive success and that was the platform to promotion. Since then, I don't think we've really improved the side!

I also agree with rs3100, nobody would have kept us up last Christmas. Our players are his players, and by definition too many of them can only play his way. We'd have also stayed up if we had a better striker than Niasse. He was our best and only hope. Can you imagine a "footballing" manager coming in and seeing our players, he'd have a heart attack.

I think Warnock did a marvellous job in many ways and was the perfect antidote to the rebrand toxicity. However, I do think we need to kick on with a more modern manager who plays a type of football that could survive longer term than one season in the top flight should we reach those heights again.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think Warnock did a marvellous job in many ways and was the perfect antidote to the rebrand toxicity. However, I do think we need to kick on with a more modern manager who plays a type of football that could survive longer term than one season in the top flight should we reach those heights again.
    Totally agree.
    The time for change was at the end of last season. Makes little sense that we could benefit from one more season and even less sense to have Warnock heading the team to appoint his successor.
    The transition to more modern football will take time and probably mean changing a number of players.
    This season will simply be another year lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We did really well, kicked on in our second year and got promoted. Everyone is now saying the year we got promoted wasn't good but at the time, everyone was saying how good Wolves and Fulham were.

I'll have lost a lot of faith if we continue with the numbers we have in centre mid (3), and sell Cunningham without a replacement whilst having enough strikers to sink a ship. It's a very strange situation and I'm trying not to judge until Thursday but it seems the club doesn't really know what it's doing, which has been a bit of a theme. Our first summer window under Warnock has to be a massive success and that was the platform to promotion. Since then, I don't think we've really improved the side!

I also agree with rs3100, nobody would have kept us up last Christmas. Our players are his players, and by definition too many of them can only play his way. We'd have also stayed up if we had a better striker than Niasse. He was our best and only hope. Can you imagine a "footballing" manager coming in and seeing our players, he'd have a heart attack.
    I remember the days when City strikers scored goals frequently. Showing my age, I know............