+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lee Tomlin

Lee Tomlin

This man has loads of talent, hes put the demons behind him and is supper fit and rearing to go
    COST nothing
    ability very good
    Mid-field thats what we want

WHAT IS THERE TO LOSE GIVE HIM A FEW GAMES AND GO FROM THERE

Re: Lee Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by blobird View Post
    This man has loads of talent, hes put the demons behind him and is supper fit and rearing to go
    COST nothing
    ability very good

Good description of him before the weight loss this

I am guessing this is about a broader issue , will he behave like this all season or sulk aft er the first disappointment, do the club get the value form him regarding wage scales, if a bid comes in and its in the millions why not sell him as he is very unstable and has a very poor history wherever he's been.

A gamble indeed ,can we afford one.

COST nothing
    ability very good

I asked the question sometime ago .. Does Warnock give out 2nd chances? I think we now know the answer. Expect Bogle to be the next, even thou he appears to our be best option based on pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by dicey1966 View Post
    I asked the question sometime ago .. Does Warnock give out 2nd chances? I think we now know the answer. Expect Bogle to be the next, even thou he appears to our be best option based on pre season.
    It was a terrible management decision to start Madine instead of Bogle against Wigan... Madine had not even been with the team for pre season in the US.... and Bogle has done well out there

How many changes has Madine been given???

If I was Bogle I’d be asking for a transfer sharpish considering No goals Madine who wasn’t even at the pre season tour and started ahead of him against Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    It was a terrible management decision to start Madine instead of Bogle against Wigan... Madine had not even been with the team for pre season in the US.... and Bogle has done well out there

If I was Bogle I’d be asking for a transfer sharpish considering No goals Madine who wasn’t even at the pre season tour and started ahead of him against Wigan
    He had seen Bogle not Madine though or was he preying for a shot front goal , and a sell on ?

Think the man knows a bit more about football than all of us put together.

There is a lot of politics in football and so many and overpaid ego's cant be easy to manage

COST nothing
    ability very good

He cost 2m. He's very good but he can also be very, very unfit. And he's not a centre mid, so you can't play him and Bobby Reid/Paterson in the same team.

Tomlin also might want to go closer to Leicester now he's sorted out his personal issues and we should support him if he wants to do that considering what he's been through.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

It is hard to disagree with that - I can't believe that ANYONE could put forward a case for Madine to start at all let alone before Bogle who looks like he has been putting himself about a bit and scored a few goals.

Just bizarre. Just like bringing on Rhys Healey (now of League 1 MK Dons...) at Fulham last season. Really odd.

COST nothing
    ability very good

'COST nothing' - well apart from the pretty significant transfer fee that the club forked out for him!

I'd LOVE to see him start paying some of that back, because he has been a huge waste of money so far, and clearly has the ability. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    'COST nothing' - well apart from the pretty significant transfer fee that the club forked out for him!

I'd LOVE to see him start paying some of that back, because he has been a huge waste of money so far, and clearly has the ability. :-(
    He’s got to be given the chance to show his ability and start paying us back first though.

Why can’t Tomlin play centre midfield? Creative passer who can run with the ball.

I suppose it’s not the Warnock Way...

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Why can’t Tomlin play centre midfield? Creative passer who can run with the ball.

I suppose it’s not the Warnock Way...
    On the rare occassion i saw him play he looked most affective getting on the ball in the final third, looking for those little pockets of space to exploit with a pass or a bit of movement. He likes to get on the ball and dictate play. I don't think that Warnock trusts him, same with reid.

The trouble is that his game has never asked him to be physically fit and if he can't run around a bit more then he's not going to make an impact here or arguably most clubs - he's like Juan Mata being sold by Chelsea and playing in Man United's decline. One of Warnock's worst signings and us all being happy his mental state is much improved doesn't change that he's thus far a waste of wages.