+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Younousse Sankhare

Younousse Sankhare

This name has been around all summer, but TeamTalk (I know) claiming he is close to signing after it went cold:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclus...ligue-1-winger

Headline says French League 1 winger but elsewhere he is described as a left sided midfielder who can also play LB!

Re: Younousse Sankhare

Just what we need, a crocked striker and another winger.

Just finding out a bit more about him and this caught my eye: https://talksport.com/football/50499...beard-implant/

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Just finding out a bit more about him and this caught my eye: https://talksport.com/football/50499...beard-implant/
    Yeah he didn’t like his beard at first, but then it grew on him.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Just what we need, a crocked striker and another winger.
    Unless he's completely changed his style of play, Sankhare definitely isn't a winger (or a left back). He's primarily a defensive midfielder, used to be a bit of a box-to-box midfielder too.

I haven't seen him play for a few years so I'm not sure if he is any good these days but he looked quite promising at times.

On a side note, I never thought City would ever be able to sign players that I used to regularly buy on Football Manager when I was younger. I wonder what Alexander Farnerud and Henri Saivet are up to now?

Cardiff city really digging deep to find the talent that we don't need that will sit on the bench

Seems to be a central midfielder when I Googled.

Anyway, we're now potentially signing former PSG players and people still aren't happy

Wales Online sticking with the opinion that the club have moved on from Sankhare:

'Cardiff had initially identified Bordeaux's Younousse Sankhare as an option, only to decide against making a move due to concerns over his attitude. He's now likely to join Spanish side Leganes'.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-16715938

Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wales Online sticking with the opinion that the club have moved on from Sankhare:

'Cardiff had initially identified Bordeaux's Younousse Sankhare as an option, only to decide against making a move due to concerns over his attitude. He's now likely to join Spanish side Leganes'.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-16715938

Who knows!
    Wasn't he the fella who said he didn't want to join any old random club at about the time we enquired?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Unless he's completely changed his style of play, Sankhare definitely isn't a winger (or a left back). He's primarily a defensive midfielder, used to be a bit of a box-to-box midfielder too.

I haven't seen him play for a few years so I'm not sure if he is any good these days but he looked quite promising at times.

On a side note, I never thought City would ever be able to sign players that I used to regularly buy on Football Manager when I was younger. I wonder what Alexander Farnerud and Henri Saivet are up to now?
    Didn't Saivet used to play for Newcastle? We must have had the same scouts in Football Manager because I signed him and Farnerud a few times - and Curtis Nelson come to think of it.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Didn't Saivet used to play for Newcastle? We must have had the same scouts in Football Manager because I signed him and Farnerud a few times - and Curtis Nelson come to think of it.
    He did indeed. Wales Online tried to link us to him a couple of years ago too.

It's incredible that most of the wonderkids on the old FMs never actually achieved what was touted of them. Maybe Ole's biggest downfall was his reliance on it for scouting

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He did indeed. Wales Online tried to link us to him a couple of years ago too.

It's incredible that most of the wonderkids on the old FMs never actually achieved what was touted of them. Maybe Ole's biggest downfall was his reliance on it for scouting
    Freddy adu was the one I most remember.

nothing pleasing some

They're saying that this is back on now

The site which is claiming that this is in the bag is saying he's a winger, but I think he's a midfielder isn't he ???