+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cunningham off to Blackburn?

Cunningham off to Blackburn?

Looks like it. He's in talks with them about a loan deal.

Re: Cunningham off to Blackburn?

You got to wonder about these so called so called top players or player of the years this is the second time we have bough allegedly one fo the best fullback sin the championship ,gone up and jettisoned them ,Malone , Brayford

Would leave us a bit light at left back - same as right back really

Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
    We no longer have strength in depth.

Jesus christ. He's no world beater but he's solid at championship level. I'm probably forgetting someone shite but one left back and one right back all season?? Jazz Richards who hasn't played in about 18 months to be back up? What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Jesus christ. He's no world beater but he's solid at championship level. I'm probably forgetting someone shite but one left back and one right back all season?? Jazz Richards who hasn't played in about 18 months to be back up? What's going on?
    If I'm honest I think he's absolute shite but losing him means we have zero cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
    Don't worry we have 56 wingers and DML says Kevin Blackwell can play there if we're struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If I'm honest I think he's absolute shite but losing him means we have zero cover.
    I try to give Cunningham the benefit of the doubt but he appears to be yet another footballer of another time. It's easy to spot them by their apparent lack of ability to sort their feet out.

When they receive the ball they're rooted to the ground. Manga, Peltier, Morrison, Gunnarsson are all cut from the same cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Don't worry we have 56 wingers and DML says Kevin Blackwell can play there if we're struggling.

I remember they used Peltier there as cover in Warnocks first season.

I despair. What was the point of spending 4m on him, never playing him, then loaning him out?!?

This is happening with far too many signings for it to be conincidence.

I try to give Cunningham the benefit of the doubt but he appears to be yet another footballer of another time. It's easy to spot them by their apparent lack of ability to sort their feet out.
    Completely agree, I've never seen a player get into such good positions but not know what to do.

I don't even think he's a good defender even.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I remember they used Peltier there as cover in Warnocks first season.

I despair. What was the point of spending 4m on him, never playing him, then loaning him out?!?

This is happening with far too many signings for it to be conincidence.
    Signing Championship players for the Prem, and then deeming them not Championship players is just about the most Cardiff City thing we've ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Signing Championship players for the Prem, and then deeming them not Championship players is just about the most Cardiff City thing we've ever done.
    Yes getting rid of Cunningham and trying to sell Ried has negated the one positive people kept saying from last season

So very true!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Bamba to full back ?? three at the back?? one of the endless wingers we have signed can play wing back ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bamba to full back ?? three at the back?? one of the endless wingers we have signed can play wing back ??
    Bamba will be playing in midfield.

The legendary Cardiff City transfer committee working its magic again.

😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    It's Connolly that you are forgetting. He's played left back before and been shite there

Thing is he spent last year warming the bench all the while taking a solid wage. Its OK to say what if Bennett gets injured, but if he doesn't then we are just wasting more money. The fact he probably would like to be playing is also a factor. Ideally we would have some up and coming youth players on lowish wages to cover some of these spots.

Only question for me is why sign him in the first place, I suppose in the PL we could run a larger wage bill but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Thing is he spent last year warming the bench all the while taking a solid wage. Its OK to say what if Bennett gets injured, but if he doesn't then we are just wasting more money. The fact he probably would like to be playing is also a factor. Ideally we would have some up and coming youth players on lowish wages to cover some of these spots.

Only question for me is why sign him in the first place, I suppose in the PL we could run a larger wage bill but still.
    Don't let him go until we get a replacement. If Bennett does get injured, we're stuffed. This can't have caught us out, there's been rumours for weeks.

Don't let him go until we get a replacement. If Bennett does get injured, we're stuffed. This can't have caught us out, there's been rumours for weeks.
    Who was covering before Cunningham signed? The season we went up. Genuine question as I can't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Who was covering before Cunningham signed? The season we went up. Genuine question as I can't recall.
    Jazz but he has been permanently injured ever since, which presumably is why they signed Cunningham.

Jazz but he has been permanently injured ever since, which presumably is why they signed Cunningham.
    We had to get Armand Traoré in on loan for the second half of the season. I think Bennett started about 40 matches in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We had to get Armand Traoré in on loan for the second half of the season. I think Bennett started about 40 matches in the league.
    Traore did OK for us. He's playing LB for a Turkish u23 side now.... easing towards retirement in 2 years.