+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the plan?

What is the plan?

I for one am among the majority in feeling exasperated by our transfer dealings so far this summer.

The lack of additions (or even rumours) in centre midfield while we are rumoured to be adding 2 more attackers today (while possibly losing Reid) is baffling. I guess my question is what is the plan?

Getting in to the heads of Warnock and co, what are there expectations? They clearly don't see the flaws in the side that we all see so perhaps they think they can get by with what we have? Or is it a case of not being able to bring in the players they want?

Happy to hear from you lot because I'm stumped!

Re: What is the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    I for one am among the majority in feeling exasperated by our transfer dealings so far this summer.

The lack of additions (or even rumours) in centre midfield while we are rumoured to be adding 2 more attackers today (while possibly losing Reid) is baffling. I guess my question is what is the plan?

Getting in to the heads of Warnock and co, what are there expectations? They clearly don't see the flaws in the side that we all see so perhaps they think they can get by with what we have? Or is it a case of not being able to bring in the players they want?

Happy to hear from you lot because I'm stumped!
    Simple, as posted previously. 5 at the back, 0 midfield, 5 up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Simple, as posted previously. 5 at the back, 0 midfield, 5 up front.
    Then sell anyone who does well next season

There can’t be a plan to be honest.

There is no logic to much of what goes on here this window (others have done the other windows to death)

Hopefully we are going to adopt a 4-2-4 or maybe a 4-1-5 formation taking away the need for any midfield and getting all our attackers in the team to play lump it up to whoever gets a touch on it first.

I get the feeling Neil might not want to be here but was already committed to the season when he realised this.

He’s always said he loves the fans, but if we don’t want him here he would go...

I am probably really reaching with this one.. but why if he WANTS to be pushed out?

I get the tongue in cheek replies.

But surely NW has an actual plan to all this? We don't see a lot of what goes on behind the scenes but wish I could just understand what the logic is in all of it!

To sell one of the best players at what he does in the league (at a non profit) is extraordinary!

Surely we can make further savings in sacking the grounds men. We don't need grass on our pitch this season

I don’t understand it at all - but Warnock has said in recent weeks that he is happy to go with his CM and RB options if he can bring in another attacker. That was before all the Bobby Reid stuff blew up .

I can only assume that he thinks a combination of Nelson, Paterson, Jazz and maybe one or two of the u23s will be enough to cover any injuries, suspensions or loss of form. We have 3 CMs if Damour leaves and that is crazy - even if we agreed with the very upbeat assessment of the manager on their qualities.

If Reid wanted away from last season as some have suggested why did he start against Wigan, why was Tomlin out of the picture and why has it come down to the last day?

The mood has gone from cautious optimism to confusion, anger or dispair in just over 24 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    I get the tongue in cheek replies.

But surely NW has an actual plan to all this? We don't see a lot of what goes on behind the scenes but wish I could just understand what the logic is in all of it!

To sell one of the best players at what he does in the league (at a non profit) is extraordinary!
    My reply wasn’t tongue in cheek (maybe the formation comment) I was deadly serious.

I don’t think we have a clear identity as a team on the pitch and he still doesn’t know how to get players HE knew all about and decided we’re worth spending money on, you can’t just decide they don’t suit you when you realise you can’t get them into your team..

The club are taking the fans for mugs.

Warnock will be happy. He can play the hard luck card and the underdog line a bit more now and tell us all how good Fulham are.....zzzzzz

I hadn't felt like this until today but I would have preferred to freshen it up with a new man at the helm.

Confuse the enemy......works every time👍👍👍

It only seems to be me and a select few on here who have a quiet confidence in the man, which is a shame really.

Take into account as well that we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, as much as we think we do.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It only seems to be me and a select few on here who have a quiet confidence in the man, which is a shame really.

Take into account as well that we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, as much as we think we do.
    You may be absolutely spot on, and the majority of us may turn out to look like we were overreacting to the extreme. I also understand that this is the man that led us from the brink of League 1 to the Premier League in just 18 months so perhaps should be given more slack. I just ask, what about these transfer dealings (after knowing what our strengths and deficiencies last year) fill you with such optimism (albeit quiet I know )

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

You don't need to know what goes on behind closed doors to understand that Bobby Reid has been mistreated at this club.

Not once did I come away from a game thinking "Bobby Reid didn't put a shift in"

Yes he was ineffective when he was playing as a target man against someone like Harry Maguire but Warnock often called him out saying him and Murphy let him down!

Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Surely we can make further savings in sacking the grounds men. We don't need grass on our pitch this season
    Here's a better idea. Close the academy. What an absolute waste of time, money and resources that has been for the better part of a decade. Not even joking, we've shown no inclination of achieving category 1 academy status which is pivotal to actually keeping hold of your young players... and those we have don't get a sniff. Closing the academy would save a couple hundred grand a month I imagine.

You don't need to know what goes on behind closed doors to understand that Bobby Reid has been mistreated at this club.

Not once did I come away from a game thinking "Bobby Reid didn't put a shift in"

Yes he was ineffective when he was playing as a target man against someone like Harry Maguire but Warnock often called him out saying him and Murphy let him down!

Pathetic

He drained the confidence of both Reid and Murphy almost from the off, publicly slagging them off.

It seems to me that he just likes to be surrounded by characters who are good to have around the training ground/dressing room - players like 'Patto', 'young Rallsy', Morrisson and Connolly to name a few, players who will tow-the-line.

I wouldn't trust him to pick his successor either!

I didn’t mind Warnock staying on for another year.
    I thought he would’ve really strengthened what was already a decent squad for the Championship.
    In the last fortnight we’ve sold out best striker, defender and about to sell our best attacking midfielder.
    Absolutely pathetic and I wish he had gone now and someone else given the chance.

Pathetic
    The worst was when we beat Bournemouth (where he was MOM) and then beat Southampton away. We'd played well vs Arsenal the week before and he was very good. So, we've played well for 3 games in a row and he started them all, scored twice and was MOM once. Finally, after 5/6 months, we've found a way to play and get results. We play Watford, completely change the system, players and drop Reid, we lose 5-1.

Bringing on Rhys Healey instead of Reid at Fulham would have been the final straw for me. I couldn't have blamed him if he stormed off and told Warnock to go f*** himself.

I am struggling to understand what we are doing this summer ? We were supposed to be “giving it a go” I.e promotion ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The worst was when we beat Bournemouth (where he was MOM) and then beat Southampton away. We'd played well vs Arsenal the week before and he was very good. So, we've played well for 3 games in a row and he started them all, scored twice and was MOM once. Finally, after 5/6 months, we've found a way to play and get results. We play Watford, completely change the system, players and drop Reid, we lose 5-1.

Bringing on Rhys Healey instead of Reid at Fulham would have been the final straw for me. I couldn't have blamed him if he stormed off and told Warnock to go f*** himself.
    Never mind Bobby Reid, I would have been disappointed if Rhys Healey came on before me!

Never mind Bobby Reid, I would have been disappointed if Rhys Healey came on before me!
    One's going to Fulham for 10m, the other went for peanuts to MK Dons 2 games later. Yep, sounds about right.

There were reports that the squad was affected by a vomiting bug ahead of the Watford match and Reid was apparently one of the players affected, so Warnock might not have had much choice. The Everton match a few days after was when he completely ****ed up the team selection.

I think this was the moment that a lot of people realised that Warnock didn't just have some masterplan, that sometimes he just makes absolutely dreadful decisions. Isn't Warnock's son Rhys Healey's agent as well? Dodgepot.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think this was the moment that a lot of people realised that Warnock didn't just have some masterplan, that sometimes he just makes absolutely dreadful decisions. Isn't Warnock's son Rhys Healey's agent as well? Dodgepot.

Yes, he is. Probably added some value and put some shine to his CV when he made his cameo appearance.. Premier League player my ass!