+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlon Pack

Marlon Pack

Probably deserves its own thread.

Race against the clock.

6ft2 CDM

@reluctantnicko
    Cardiff. Very very late move for Marlon Pack at Bristol City. Been a stalwart for years. Now on way if can be done. Odd day at both clubs.

Re: Marlon Pack

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post

Race against the clock.

6ft2 DM.

http://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/st...666976768?s=19
    You heard anything?

Race against the clock.

6ft2 DM.

Any legs in this??
    I seen you post a cheeky comment earlier about have Bristol got any midfielders for us? Ironic or did you know??

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Any legs in this??
    I seen you post a cheeky comment earlier about have Bristol got any midfielders for us? Ironic or did you know??

Been on for a while. Let's hope we get it done. Might need the extension.

Heisenberg

Race against the clock.

6ft2 DM.

Another Bristol City player?! I wonder if Warnock will still fancy him come the weekend...

Been on for a while. Let's hope we get it done. Might need the extension.
    Interesting, does this also confirm that Nicko or whatever his name is, is a genuine insider? As this story not being run anywhere else yet? I’ve always had my doubts about him

Bristol City want shot of him now they've got Nagy from Bologna.

Another Wurzel cast-off.

Isn’t he the t wat that feigned injury against us

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Interesting, does this also confirm that Nicko or whatever his name is, is a genuine insider? As this story not being run anywhere else yet? I’ve always had my doubts about him
    Nicko is a genuine reporter. People claim he's on a wind up but he is a footbal writer for the sun

Race against the clock.

6ft2 CDM

@reluctantnicko
    Cardiff. Very very late move for Marlon Pack at Bristol City. Been a stalwart for years. Now on way if can be done. Odd day at both clubs.
    We must be on the tenth page of the list (100 per page)

Is he the one from Emmerdale?

Do our scouts only get expenses to Temple Meads. What a load of shite.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Do our scouts only get expenses to Temple Meads. What a load of shite.
    They buy return tickets when they come and only do six-month rentals!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    We must be on the tenth page of the list (100 per page)

Is he the one from Emmerdale?

Bristol City fans think we caught them with their pants down on this one

Just got a text from my next door neighbour (a Wurzel fan) asking if we can clear the motorway as he's bringing Pack in his White Van (complete with ladders) but he fears that Pack will be too slow (as usual)!

Many deadline day deals smack of desperation, but this must be one of the all-time classics. Pack plays for a club based just 40 miles away and apparently it's now a race against time to sign him. The club was relegated more than three months ago.....

warnock "We need some new players" (rubs hands together) now where should we start ?....."well there's a club a few miles away! would save on travel and flights!!" the head of sport replies.
    "Ahhh excellent! then we should start and finish there then"

Wurzels to sign Benik Afobe on loan

I'm pretty chuffed with one. He will be that defense minded experienced midfielder we've been missing. He is rock solid and can play a bit too. Really really surprised the carrot crunches sold him to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Many deadline day deals smack of desperation, but this must be one of the all-time classics. Pack plays for a club based just 40 miles away and apparently it's now a race against time to sign him. The club was relegated more than three months ago.....
    It’s been shambolic.

We’ve needed a right back for at least 2 years and never addressed it!

We lost 3 midfielders in the summer and signed Will Vaulks which is a decent signing but if as is obvious that Warnock doesn’t like a ‘number 10’, you’re going to play 3 in the centre so we needed more in. Again this hasn’t been addressed even with loans! The Marlon Pack thing looks like take a punt on the closest player geographically that is available!

If we do struggle, hopefully this makes the powers that be release we need to have a long term transfer strategy and implement changes. But I won’t hold my breath!

Joking aside, what is impressive is that he's played 417 games in the last 9 seasons, that's averaging 46 games a season, which is extraordinary. I saw him play quite a lot for Cheltenham , which seems like an age ago, so I'm really surprised he's still only 28.

We'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I'm pretty chuffed with one. He will be that defense minded experienced midfielder we've been missing. He is rock solid and can play a bit too. Really really surprised the carrot crunches sold him to be honest.
    The fact that no one is saying that we have failed in our attempt to sign him, suggests the deal may be completed despite the fact that the window has been closed for almost an hour.

I think Pack is a decent to good Championship central midfielder, but, from what I've seen of him, he offers more of the same - plenty of "bread and butter" in our midfield, but hardly any jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    but if as is obvious that Warnock doesn’t like a ‘number 10’
    Vassell is a far more natural #10 than Reid. He's not an out & out striker or lone front man. We must (!) have bought him to play off Glatzel. Reid is an attacking midfield player, we won't see much of Vassell dropping into midfield, he plays off the CF.

I can't recall a time that NW has used 2 up top, except for 2 similar forwards. This will be something different, unless of course NW uses him as a full back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I sometimes wonder if it is deliberate though. Go in early, and agents are going to make noise, drive up the price, and increase the player's options. I wonder if clubs have a "make a late move if nobody's shown an interest" list. Players they would like but don't desperately need, so they will take a late pot shot on the grounds that if you leave it until 4pm, you are going to be the only bidder.

Basically, I wonder if clubs have got the hang of ebay and are treating the window in the same way. Only an actual moron bids before the last few seconds of an ebay auction.