+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlon Pack

Re: Marlon Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I sometimes wonder if it is deliberate though. Go in early, and agents are going to make noise, drive up the price, and increase the player's options. I wonder if clubs have a "make a late move if nobody's shown an interest" list. Players they would like but don't desperately need, so they will take a late pot shot on the grounds that if you leave it until 4pm, you are going to be the only bidder.

Basically, I wonder if clubs have got the hang of ebay and are treating the window in the same way. Only an actual moron bids before the last few seconds of an ebay auction.
    So, you think that back in May the plan was to bring in Isaac Vassell and Marlon Pack? They were Neil Warnock's number one targets all along?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, you think that back in May the plan was to bring in Isaac Vassell and Marlon Pack? They were Neil Warnock's number one targets all along?
    God no. I am openly clutching at straws here!

I am just pointing out that there is some logic to leaving things as late as possible. Sure you risk someone else nipping in, but if you went first that would happen anyway. As I say - employing ebay tactics. But you would hope that "main targets", assuming we are organised enough to have them, would be prioritised and dealt with early preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    God no. I am openly clutching at straws here!

I am just pointing out that there is some logic to leaving things as late as possible. Sure you risk someone else nipping in, but if you went first that would happen anyway. As I say - employing ebay tactics. But you would hope that "main targets", assuming we are organised enough to have them, would be prioritised and dealt with early preseason.
    For me I always think its a bit like being in a chain when buying a house, you are waiting for the club you are buying from to get their target from another club who are waiting for something else. All this gets a move on late on when they have no choice but to move. Agents play a part, the players themselves may change their mind. Really you need a fraction of the window, most of it is just pointless. Parkinson's law.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Many deadline day deals smack of desperation, but this must be one of the all-time classics. Pack plays for a club based just 40 miles away and apparently it's now a race against time to sign him. The club was relegated more than three months ago.....
    Been on for a while according to ccfcwelshlad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    They buy return tickets when they come and only do six-month rentals!
    Interestingly we drop bridge tolls and bang we become Cardtol

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    Number one summer target, no doubt.

Bit of nostalgia on this one for a lot of people.
    Pack going leaves just Korey Smith left of that trophy winning Cotterill season.

Funnily enough Flint and Bobby were also in it....

I like Marlon.
    I think he gets unfairly criticized a lot because he’s not a flair player and he’s a workhorse.
    But people only realize what he does when he isn’t playing.

He will run all day and despite every season people saying we need to upgrade since his L2 days, every season he sees off a new signing.

Had a Poor year last year I thought but that’s one poor year in about 6 I think.
    Maybe needs a fresh start and he gets on well with Flint and therefore they know each other’s game very well.

Probably only downfall on him is his lack of pace meaning he relied on Smith often to get back the quicker of the two.
    If you pair him with someone with pace it will tandem nicely.

Superb professional.

I find it amusing to see on twitter so many of the “we need better than Pack” guys saying “I can’t believe we let Pack go”....

He had too ( pack ) a bag , took an age with sock selection , he had to get through the danger zones of Newport and Eastern Cardiff , ,then hit CF rush hour , club had no working biro's , then a rush over to Asda, Neil had no cash to buy pack of ten , he then sprinted back too the shop for some petty cash, Betty had already cashed up , but had a spare pen , then the bloody fax machine blew up ,deadline days, uh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Pack going leaves just Korey Smith left of that trophy winning Cotterill season.

I like Marlon.
    I think he gets unfairly criticized a lot because he’s not a flair player and he’s a workhorse.

He will run all day and despite every season people saying we need to upgrade since his L2 days, every season he sees off a new signing.

Had a Poor year last year I thought but that’s one poor year in about 6 I think.
    Maybe needs a fresh start and he gets on well with Flint and therefore they know each other’s game very well.

Probably only downfall on him is his lack of pace meaning he relied on Smith often to get back the quicker of the two.

Superb professional.

I find it amusing to see on twitter so many of the “we need better than Pack” guys saying “I can’t believe we let Pack go”....
    I don’t like this new jursset.. I prefer the old one

I like Marlon.

Superb professional.

Are you feeling ok?
    You seem to be somewhat reasonable.

I like Marlon.

Superb professional.

our speciality

By a while I meant this morning which is a while on deadline day.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    By a while I meant this morning which is a while on deadline day.
    Bloody hell, that long? Knew it wasn't a panic buy

Where is he , been outside Gregg's with Dai Hunt whose got some very useful advise for him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    I don’t like this new jursset.. I prefer the old one
    Freaking me right out.

Wish they’d stop these head tapping photos though...

Pack is an experience CM at Championship level and realistically makes our midfield as strong as it was during promotion year. We'll have to wait until playing 10 games to see what this means but I get the initial frustration of giving Burnley as an example of a club we'll look to at least emulate and then seemingly not progress in key areas of the pitch. My first impressions are that our goalie room is better, our defence is worse, our midfield is equal and we've got more potential in the forwards.

I can see their potential:
    - Vaulks
    - Nelson
    - Glatzel
    - Whyte
    - Pack

I can't see how they add enough to our squad and need to be proved wrong:
    - Flint
    - Day
    - Vassell

Like I said, we'll have to wait and see what it all means.

I remember him from Cheltenham as well as that red shite, always thought he was a good player.

Have we signed him though?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Have we signed him though?
    Perhaps Mike Photoshopped him doing the Ayatollah 25 minutes ago for a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Are you feeling ok?
    You seem to be somewhat reasonable.
    I like this version, adds something to the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I like this version, adds something to the discussion
    Just goes to show that you can have more than one identity per IP address or account and get away with it!

Just enough time to get Reid's picture off the stadium wall before Saturday.😁

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Just goes to show that you can have more than one identity per IP address or account and get away with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dicey1966 View Post
    Just enough time to get Reid's picture off the stadium wall before Saturday.😁
    Already gone apparently

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Perhaps Mike Photoshopped him doing the Ayatollah 25 minutes ago for a joke!
    I'm wary of fake news