+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marlon Pack

Re: Marlon Pack

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I'm pretty chuffed with one. He will be that defense minded experienced midfielder we've been missing. He is rock solid and can play a bit too. Really really surprised the carrot crunches sold him to be honest.
    I have been viewing their forum (otib) for a number of years now, quite regularly as it happens. I can say with clear honesty that Marlon Pack is the one, single-player, that nearly ALL Bristol City fans have been calling for to be dropped/sold.
    They say he is far too slow and offers the team nothing these days. There's hardly a game of theirs that goes by without him coming in for severe criticism. They are continually annoyed and baffled as to why LJ keeps selecting him.

Sorry, but this signing stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I have been viewing their forum (otib) for a number of years now, quite regularly as it happens. I can say with clear honesty that Marlon Pack is the one, single-player, that nearly ALL Bristol City fans have been calling for to be dropped/sold.
    They say he is far too slow and offers the team nothing these days. There's hardly a game of theirs that goes by without him coming in for severe criticism. They are continually annoyed and baffled as to why LJ keeps selecting him.

Mind you, if we take their word for it I also remember lots of them calling Bobby Reid a ‘one-season wonder’ too.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Mind you, if we take their word for it I also remember lots of them calling Bobby Reid a ‘one-season wonder’ too.
    Well they may be right

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

While there are quite a few saying it's good deal for the wurzels in this thread, there seem to be at least as many saying the opposite.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/to...merged/page/9/

I'm quite encouraged after reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Well they may be right
    True. But many on here feel we’ve lost our best player that we should be building the team around etc. Fans’ opinions are best sometimes taken with a pinch of salt really.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    True. But many on here feel we’ve lost our best player that we should be building the team around etc. Fans’ opinions are best sometimes taken with a pinch of salt really.
    I'm sorry to see Reid go. But it doesn't look like he was ever going to get a look in so probably for the best for everyone. Does make you wonder why we ever bought him though. Presumably we knew what sort of player he is?

From otib it seems like he has a similar reputation as gunnarsson. I think it's that role which rarely catches the eye, gets little thanks but is very much needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    From otib it seems like he has a similar reputation as gunnarsson. I think it's that role which rarely catches the eye, gets little thanks but is very much needed.
    We had to sign someone, so I'm relieved we've got a competent performer at worst.

Pack is probably as good or better than Gunners in recent times.

I'm happy with the signing. We've made some odd decisions in this window but the suspected first 11 look good even if we do lack some depth.