... has Warnock not done enough to earn our trust? And would the negativity be as heightened if we’d won at Wigan on Saturday?

I may be in the minority but I’m really not so concerned about Reid leaving (if indeed he does). He cut a forlorn figure on Saturday for long parts of the game and would it be such bad business if we get our money back? I recall Warnock stating that he’d said to Reid that he hoped the signing of Reid would come off (or words very similar). Perhaps Warnock feels that Reid just doesn’t fit his system, as alluded to by Abbandanato.

Perhaps this also means that Warnock sees Tomlin as his number 10 after all, which fans have been crying out for. It appears we are adding a little solidity to our midfield with Marlon Pack too. So, while these signings aren’t eye-catching, I would argue that Warnock does his best work in spotting players who can step up. We can’t have a huge net spend, if at all, if Reid goes for £10 million or thereabouts. Let’s not forget we have another transfer window to come before the season is out and I’m sure everybody expects money to be available.

We still need to balance our spending with our income and I’d rather we were frugal than keep spending like Villa, Fulham, Derby and more.

Let’s just see where we are after 15-20 games before we start complaining. Surely we owe Warnock that much?