+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Underwhelming I agree but...

Underwhelming I agree but...

... has Warnock not done enough to earn our trust? And would the negativity be as heightened if we’d won at Wigan on Saturday?

I may be in the minority but I’m really not so concerned about Reid leaving (if indeed he does). He cut a forlorn figure on Saturday for long parts of the game and would it be such bad business if we get our money back? I recall Warnock stating that he’d said to Reid that he hoped the signing of Reid would come off (or words very similar). Perhaps Warnock feels that Reid just doesn’t fit his system, as alluded to by Abbandanato.

Perhaps this also means that Warnock sees Tomlin as his number 10 after all, which fans have been crying out for. It appears we are adding a little solidity to our midfield with Marlon Pack too. So, while these signings aren’t eye-catching, I would argue that Warnock does his best work in spotting players who can step up. We can’t have a huge net spend, if at all, if Reid goes for £10 million or thereabouts. Let’s not forget we have another transfer window to come before the season is out and I’m sure everybody expects money to be available.

We still need to balance our spending with our income and I’d rather we were frugal than keep spending like Villa, Fulham, Derby and more.

Let’s just see where we are after 15-20 games before we start complaining. Surely we owe Warnock that much?

Re: Underwhelming I agree but...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    ... has Warnock not done enough to earn our trust? And would the negativity be as heightened if we’d won at Wigan on Saturday?

I may be in the minority but I’m really not so concerned about Reid leaving (if indeed he does). He cut a forlorn figure on Saturday for long parts of the game and would it be such bad business if we get our money back? I recall Warnock stating that he’d said to Reid that he hoped the signing of Reid would come off (or words very similar). Perhaps Warnock feels that Reid just doesn’t fit his system, as alluded to by Abbandanato.

Perhaps this also means that Warnock sees Tomlin as his number 10 after all, which fans have been crying out for. It appears we are adding a little solidity to our midfield with Marlon Pack too. So, while these signings aren’t eye-catching, I would argue that Warnock does his best work in spotting players who can step up. We can’t have a huge net spend, if at all, if Reid goes for £10 million or thereabouts. Let’s not forget we have another transfer window to come before the season is out and I’m sure everybody expects money to be available.

We still need to balance our spending with our income and I’d rather we were frugal than keep spending like Villa, Fulham, Derby and more.

Let’s just see where we are after 15-20 games before we start complaining. Surely we owe Warnock that much?
    This in spades.

Reid has done little to earn the praise he has. Can’t believe so many label him “our best player”.

Warnock has succeeded at this level how many times?

Crystal clear that our fans will indeed turn on Neil very quickly, despite all the “we want you to stay” chants all of two games ago!

Warnock hasn't played Tomlin at all and has sent him with the kids.

No good players can fit into Warnock's system cos he's a dinosaur who plays in straight lines.

Our fans always change the narrative to be positive when we should be calling a spade a spade.

He's taken the praise when he got us promoted etc but now he can take the criticism as he's ****ed this window up

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    This in spades.

Reid has done little to earn the praise he has. Can’t believe so many label him “our best player”.

Warnock has succeeded at this level how many times?

Crystal clear that our fans will indeed turn on Neil very quickly, despite all the “we want you to stay” chants all of two games ago!
    Just two years ago Reid scored 20 goals at this level. But of course he doesn't "suit our style of play" despite Warnock signing him, then failing to give him anything to work with.

He can't keep riding off of the promotion, it doesn't change my opinion on this dreadful transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

No good players can fit into Warnock's system cos he's a dinosaur who plays in straight lines.

Our fans always change the narrative to be positive when we should be calling a spade a spade.

He's taken the praise when he got us promoted etc but now he can take the criticism as he's ****ed this window up
    Who is changing the narrative? If anything, the narrative has changed from optimism to pessimism and this has accelerated since Saturday.

How about we wait until our new signings have bedded in and have a few games under their belts rather than writing off the season with 45 games to go.

You’d think we have a right to go straight back up. We don’t, far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I think we should probably wait and see how this all plays out before saying he has ****ed it all up. Disappointed to see Reid go mind.

Yes, and the year before that he scored 4.

When he scored 20 he was playing in the false 9 position. Really think our fans would want to see what is essentially no-one upfront?

I don’t know where this idea that he is a 10 has come from as, as far as I know, he’s never played there.