+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CONFIRMED: Cardiff sign Marlon Pack on a three year deal from Bristol City

CONFIRMED: Cardiff sign Marlon Pack on a three year deal from Bristol City

Re: CONFIRMED: Cardiff sign Marlon Pack on a three year deal from Bristol City

Warncok: "He’s the leader we’ve been looking for now since we knew Gunnars was leaving."

Jursett's gonna love that photo

More from Neil Warnock

"We waited and waited and finally managed to get it over the line today, so we’re delighted with that really.

"I think everyone knew we missed that leadership and I think this squad has got great characters now in different areas."

He was my number one target and I'm delighted really

Great characters, plenty of shot putters and a footballer or two.

Wurzels generally seem to think it was an odd move letting him go.

It puts an awful lot of pressure on Murphy, Mendez-Laing, Whyte and Hoilett as well as opening it up for Tomlin to show us what he's made of. None of this is Pack's fault of course and I'm sure we'll get behind him and the rest of the new signings.

I watched Pack play for Cheltenham against Shrewsbury quite a few years ago now.
    He is a much better passer of the ball than he is given credit for. He also strikes the ball from free kicks extremely well.
    He lacks a bit of lateral movement and is a little slow on the turn.
    He is however, extremely good at breaking up opposition attacks and he is not adverse to the odd cynical and tactical foul.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    and a footballer or two.
    Missing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    I watched Pack play for Cheltenham against Shrewsbury quite a few years ago now.
    He is a much better passer of the ball than he is given credit for. He also strikes the ball from free kicks extremely well.
    He is however, extremely good at breaking up opposition attacks and he is not adverse to the odd cynical and tactical foul.
    Sounds like just what we need

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sounds like just what we need
    The good thing in signing Marlon. Least he can’t get a bluebird Tattooed on his arms!

I'd say he's the sort of experienced midfielder who can marshal the young talent we're trying to blend in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    I'm quite pleased with the Pack signing because this manager was never going to sign the playmaker type that some were calling for and I believe Vassell may be one of those Warnock underwhelming signings that come off. However, although I accept I'm being a little bit unfair to some of our midfielders and Glatzel may prove me wrong, I'm disappointed and annoyed that we now have what could be called a footballer free zone running through the middle of the length of the pitch unless Warnock brings Tomlin in from the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I'd say he's the sort of experienced midfielder who can marshal the young talent we're trying to blend in there.
    "Young talent"? We're Cardiff City, the only team in the country with a Young Player of the Year that has grey hair.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm quite pleased with the Pack signing because this manager was never going to sign the playmaker type that some were calling for and I believe Vassell may be one of those Warnock underwhelming signings that come off. However, although I accept I'm being a little bit unfair to some of our midfielders and Glatzel may prove me wrong, I'm disappointed and annoyed that we now have what could be called a footballer free zone running through the middle of the length of the pitch unless Warnock brings Tomlin in from the cold.
    Hope so.

He is needed but does our scout only watch the Wurzels??

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He was my number one target and I'm delighted really
    Mehmet and Ken have worked so hard. And Vincent too. Can’t fault them really.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Warncok: "He’s the leader we’ve been looking for now since we knew Gunnars was leaving."
    That Neil quote is becoming a bit boring now....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    More from Neil Warnock

"We waited and waited and finally managed to get it over the line today, so we’re delighted with that really.

"I think everyone knew we missed that leadership and I think this squad has got great characters now in different areas."
    Sounds like BS !

Anyone know the fee? I’ve read 750k which would be a good deal to 6 million that wouldn’t

I saw a report a while ago (that I can't find now) that said Pack had 13 yellow cards last season!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I saw a report a while ago (that I can't find now) that said Pack had 13 yellow cards last season!
    13 cards in a suit, not a Pack. Keep up!

Yes, he did and twelve the season before that - signs of a slow player slowing down even more I wonder?

Before 17/18, he tended to get about seven yellows a season, with a high of eleven in 11/12 and a low of two in 14/15 - he's been yellow carded seventy six times in over four hundred and fifty career appearances and has never been sent off.

That was probably what attracted NW to him.