+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reid or Warnock

Reid or Warnock

Which one would you rather left today?

Re: Reid or Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Warnock, although that has nothing to do with Bobby Reid, i'd have felt the same if he'd have stayed.

I don't know, the guy who stabilised us, dragged the club in the right direction and got a surprising promotion or Reid (who I did rate as a player) who barely got a handful of goals for us during a relegation campaign. Which one would have destabilised us far more?

Think people are overreacting a little. Window has been underwhelming but for me Warnock is still in credit and most of what he does is generally not flashy, understated but very efficient.

We still have a very solid championship squad, today we added a very solid championship cm/dm and a forward who hopefully hasn't shown his best form yet.

We have leaders in Morrison, bamba and now pack. Very good options out wide, a solid defence, particularly if bamba can come back strong and good keeper options. Upfront is an unknown but it has been for a while.

I'm sure we will all get behind the team on Saturday. For me he has earned the benefit of any doubt.

Reid

Crazy question. The right question is "Who's done more for our club in the last 2 years?"

Reid was hopeless at Wigan - lightweight, easily dispossessed and missed a great chance - and has been for much of his time at City.

Good luck Bobby, but the time was right for him to go for him and for the club.

Maybe this is right, but like zohore he’s never quite got going....time to split maybe....

Reid has gone because of his, attitude.

I appreciate all Warnock has done for the club, but the football is rarely attractive. I wish we brought someone in alongside him with fresh ideas that could’ve got the best out of players like Reid. It feels like we’re a lot weaker than we were a few weeks ago..

Here’s hoping Glatzel and Vassel turn out to be gems!

Reid. A player who has proved himself in this league previously and I thought showed quality when given a chance in a team that doesn’t play to his quality last season as well.

Reid

Vassell will score more goals than Reid this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Reid. A player who has proved himself in this league previously and I thought showed quality when given a chance in a team that doesn’t play to his quality last season as well.
    I didn’t read the initial message.
    Warnock is my answer.

Reid, he hardly set the world alight at City, nor justified his fee. but it would have been good to see how he does at this level with us. Loan deal seems odd, I'd have preferred a £10m fee.

Reid. 'Reiding' between the lines, he wasn't happy, didn't put in a shift at Wigan. and probably wouldn't be missed on the pitch nor in the dressing room, which is important for Warnock's sides. No point him staying, but we haven't lost any money as he's gone on loan, and presumably money-bags Fulham are paying his wages. And yes, we could well call him back later if needed..

Reid - although I am very disappointed that he has gone.

I was in the 'Warnock One More Year' camp at the start of the summer and - although I feel very flat after the window closed - I see no reason to change my mind on Warnock - yet.

Reid

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Reid. 'Reiding' between the lines, he wasn't happy, didn't put in a shift at Wigan. and probably wouldn't be missed on the pitch nor in the dressing room, which is important for Warnock's sides. No point him staying, but we haven't lost any money as he's gone on loan, and presumably money-bags Fulham are paying his wages. And yes, we could well call him back later if needed..
    Reid.
    Whatever the reason, he had to go.
    When the news broke that his leaving was a possibility, everyone was gutted and some still are. Yes we all thought now was his time.

The fact is though that if the bloke's face didn't fit, wasn't pulling his weight, sulking, wanting away... whatever you want to call it, there was only going to be one end result.
    Players come and players go. Some work out, some don't.
    Shit happens, that's football.

Who knows, in a year's time he may well be back but as it stands, in a months time Bobby Reid will be a distant memory.
    New players in and we'll all, well most of us, will be right behind Warnock and the team.

Reid

I appreciate all Warnock has done for the club, but the football is rarely attractive. I wish we brought someone in alongside him with fresh ideas that could’ve got the best out of players like Reid. It feels like we’re a lot weaker than we were a few weeks ago..

Here’s hoping Glatzel and Vassel turn out to be gems!
    The football hasn't been attractive for years. Even when we got promoted the first time it wasn't by playing attractive football. I don't think we appreciated it at the time but we haven't seen attractive football since the Dave Jones years and wont see it again until Warnock goes and we have a manager who plans for the long term and not just for adding another promotion to his list and then be happy to be relegated straight away

Warnock. A manager who has done his best to dispose of talented players in favour of those who will kick and chase and enjoy the long ball.

The day of the transfer window shutting would we rather a single player leave, who in theory has already been replaced, or the manager who has built this squad with the new manager unable to sign anyone until January?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The day of the transfer window shutting would we rather a single player leave, who in theory has already been replaced, or the manager who has built this squad with the new manager unable to sign anyone until January?
    Reid hasn't been replaced. I'd trust my binman to get our team playing more attractive football

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I worded the question wrong. Didn’t really mean today, last day of transfer window, but just generally. Would you rather we were going into the season with Reid type players under a different manager or happy with Warnock and his tactics with his Flints and Morrisons as our main attacking threat.

I’m a big Warnock fan, but has he taken us as far as he can? Or couldn’t he just let the players play a bit. The stats from the weekend are a bit depressing. Least possession / touches etc. Especially when you lose to Wigan.

However, I’ll always back the manager and the players and I hope he proves me wrong.

I wanted Warnock gone at the end of last season mainly because i thought it was a good time for a new manager to come in but now today it would be just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Reid hasn't been replaced. I'd trust my binman to get our team playing more attractive football
    Ah but has your binman won the Yorkshire Electriciy Cup?????

Oh nearly forgot

Or hold the record for most League promotions

Hallelujah, a bit of sense from most of the respondents here!

Reid has his strengths, but also many, many weaknesses. I would be surprised if he ever makes a genuine Prem player, yet some of our fans would have you believe he’s amongst the greatest to pull on the blue shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Ah but has your binman won the Yorkshire Electriciy Cup?????

Oh nearly forgot

Or hold the record for most League promotions
    So what's your prediction then? Come on, nail your thoughts to the mast.