+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reid or Warnock

Re: Reid or Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I worded the question wrong. Didn’t really mean today, last day of transfer window, but just generally. Would you rather we were going into the season with Reid type players under a different manager or happy with Warnock and his tactics with his Flints and Morrisons as our main attacking threat.

I’m a big Warnock fan, but has he taken us as far as he can? Or couldn’t he just let the players play a bit. The stats from the weekend are a bit depressing. Least possession / touches etc. Especially when you lose to Wigan.

However, I’ll always back the manager and the players and I hope he proves me wrong.
    If you were to judge Warnock on his record from 2007 onwards then I think many would have a different impression of him. The trouble is that most judge him on his playing style at Sheffield United and it seems that, in his last season, that's how he wants to bow out. I think we all have concerns about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So what's your prediction then? Come on, nail your thoughts to the mast.
    My prediction is a top 6 spot in January and we add a couple then, Warnock knows this league like the back of his hand and it's a war of attrition, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday Tuesday and you need the right types of characters in your squad to have any chance of success.

Why all the fuss about Reid going, it's hardly like he set the world alight for us and unless I'm mistaken 20 Premiere league managers. decided that they didn't fancy him for their squads either!!!!

Reid wanted out, I wanted us to sign Messi, life not like that, he's moved on and Warnock is still the first manager I would want in this position

If it was a case of selling Reid then probably Warnock because it feels like Reid could be a big part of a future Cardiff which could hopefully be a bit more attacking and dynamic, and I was worried that Warnock's getting rid of players like him before the next manager's had a chance to work with them and build something.

As it's a loan then probably Reid because of the upheaval a new manager would bring in now. If we're nowhere at Christmas though I'd say get the next manager in so he's got a window and time to work with players before next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So what's your prediction then? Come on, nail your thoughts to the mast.
    I've been watching City since 1961.

I've learnt never to make predictions!

Warnock although I prefer he left at the end of the season.

There is nothing to be gained having him in charge this season.

Signing players on 3/4 year contracts when it’s his last year is selfish as ****.

What happened to the Burnley model? Go up, back down, keep the team together and build on what we have and go back up stronger?