I know my opinion counts as nothing but this forum has gone hysterical so needs a bit of calming down.
We lost Gunnarsson. Gunnarsson has been our second best player this decade (behind Whitts). It’s not going to be the same without him and it hasn’t been. Against Wigan, Gunnars would’ve calmed the squad down and settled us when we gave the penalty away. Against Nice, we looked awful in the middle of the park with no one on the pitch to recognise that we needed to put our foot on the ball. That didn’t happen. Pack looks to be the needed replacement of Gunnarsson so that is a very good signing in my opinion.

Reid leaving is an interesting one. I am a firm Warnock lover and this tested me. Bobby Reid and Warnock are opposites of the spectrum. One is a 70 year old who tactically nuances the league with a team that could give basketball teams a run for their money while the other is a 26 year old who grew up playing street football in Bristol and is brought up in the tiki-taka football dream of the Bristol Academy. It was an obvious transfer. Bristol to Cardiff, he doesn’t even have to move house and he stays with his family. Him and Camarasa were different types of players who were in the same position. One is a short fast number 10, the other was a lynchpin linking together the midfield and attack. Camarasa was obviously the better player; even against the stats of Reid. Reid wasn’t happy here, he didn’t originally settle. He scored 5 in 29, and played in a number of positions with the only one fitting him was in a different game plan to what we played. He scored two against Bournemouth but Warnock “only picked those who were ready after the Sala incident” for Arsenal and Bournemouth. His other goal that mattered came against Fulham where he finished a lucky chance. Hos other goals were neat finishes against: Palace (after he missed a vital chance to keep us up which no one mentions!); Watford, when we were 3-1 down. The empitomising moment was that Fulham game with Rhys Healey coming on before him. In the championship, under Warnock’s style he looked utterly clueless against Wigan failing to adapt to his Warnock’s defining style. Even after a year and a bit here. He had a poor pre-season, and obviously needs to move on. Unfortunately he is going to promotion rivals Fulham but they have 15 players in midfield/attack how much of an affect will he have? He wants to go to somewhere which plays the shitty-taka style which Fulham plays. He wanted to leave. We weren’t gonna keep a player if he couldn’t be bothered to play for us. That’s not Warnock’s style of player.

I’ve seen people complain and ask for Warnock’s head, but it simply boils down to a single question. Do we trust Warnock?

Personally, I do. A man who has been in football for over 50 years knows how to deal with this. He also has 2 assistant managers who have at least 20 years and a young manager being pruned for the managers role (and let alone Bamba)

We are playing a style which Warnock knows is extremely effective in this league. Pack fits in perfectly and strengthen the squad to no end. To be honest, Reid plays in position which we have many... Paterson and Tomlin can both play in that position.

Of all the things that happened today, this is one that isn’t disconcerting. Stop the panic. It’ll be OK.