+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where will be finish in the league with our current squad?

Where will be finish in the league with our current squad?

As sad as I am in seeing Reid go on loan to another promotion rival, I do have faith in Warnock. I've enjoyed reading the comments on here over the last couple of days very much, regarding the rumours, the ins and the outs from our club.

So, where does everyone think we will finish on the last day of the season?

I still think we will finish 7th. Hope I'm wrong and the two forwards we have signed prove inspirational and we finish top 6, or even in the top 2 and give Warnock his final promotion in his last year of management.

Re: Where will be finish in the league with our current squad?

11th

17th

A week ago today, top 4, after the events of the last 7 days, I reckon 7th~11th

2nd

This is all part of the master plan from Warnock. Some weeks ago we were joint favourites to go up, had a strong squad and were looking to add significant investments to it. This however never settles well with our Neil, he likes to be the underdog, backs against the wall mentality. So instead we sell our best players, buy a rag tag group of players from the lower leagues and suddenly there are no expectations. Now we've gone from top 6 or even top 2 predictions to finishing lower mid table. He will trot out the line we can't compete with the big spenders of this league such as Fulham, Derby. Leeds etc, we're only poor little Cardiff City but we'll keep fighting the odds.

While I'm being a little facetious, I do think there's an element of truth in this approach!

Mid table

"So instead we sell our best players"

Who are these"best players" that we have sold ?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    "So instead we sell our best players"

Who are these"best players" that we have sold ?
    Sold / lost - Camarasa / Arter/ Gunnarson - our best premier defender in the premier league in Manga and our joint top scorer in Bobby Reid. As I put in my original posting I was being a little facetious, I think the mourning of the loss of Reid is more about his potential in this league rather than anything we've actually seen on the pitch so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Sold / lost - Camarasa / Arter/ Gunnarson - our best premier defender in the premier league in Manga and our joint top scorer in Bobby Reid. As I put in my original posting I was being a little facetious, I think the mourning of the loss of Reid is more about his potential in this league rather than anything we've actually seen on the pitch so far
    Arter, Camarasa, Gunnarsson and Manga all wanted to go. Not sure what NW could really have done about that. So did Reid it seems although you could argue NW was a bigger factor in that.

heart top six
    head 13th

Camarasa & Arter weren"t our players & ended their loan spells.
    Gunnarson wanted to go & had agreed a move at the beginning of the year.
    Manga didn"t want to be here.
    Reid didn"t want to be here & had only scored 5 goals for us.
    I don"t think that we have sold our best players.
    So of the above none were our choice to leave as they either weren"t our players to keep or didn"t want to be here.

10th

6th or above depending on how the Striker do!

8th I think.

But Warnock has surprised me in the past.

I think he's got a potential promotion team there.

Without the losses I'd have been thinking that we could win the league, but we've got a lot of strength in depth now, so it all depends upon how long it takes Sir Neil to drill them into shape.

Can Morrison and Flint work together ? If they can they'll be formidable in defence and at set pieces. We must get that defence working quickly.

The guy from Bristol makes the midfield credible because despite a lot of talent there, it's untested at this level. If he can take control in the way that Gunnarsson did we might see the raw talent of Vaulks combine with the work rate of Ralls start getting results.

I think we've got by far the best wingers in the Championship, ( and plenty of them), and a lot depends upon whether our strikers can hold the ball and score occasionally. A lot depends upon whether the German can do his job, but there are lots of alternatives if he can't.

Vassel and Bogle ? We don't know do we, but this is the best chance either of them will ever get to score with the service they'll get from the wingers.

It may be a blessing in disguise to get rid of Reid, because despite his qualities, we've been trying to use a round peg in a square hole with him and I still don't know how he could have fitted into our style of play.

We can still be right there at the top if everything works correctly, but we could also be mid table if it doesn't. I think the most pressing thing is whether the defence can be coordinated quickly enough to start getting clean sheets - if it can then the rest will follow .

I still think we'll finish 4th - 6th

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I still think we'll finish 4th - 6th
    11th a week ago, 13th now. Struggle away from home.

2 days ago top with 95 points.

Now bobby Reid has gone- 17th lucky to stay up.

Signed on behalf of Cardiff city fans on twitter......

No idea 😂

Promoted as Champions Gratzel scores 25 goals, Prem big boys want him badly Warnock pulls off a master stroke again.

Behind Fulham. The football those guys play is dynamic. Can’t see them not winning any game 5-0 to be honest.

We have a squad that would win League 1 in a canter. But we have zero creativity in midfield and a horrible lack of pace in central defence. Mid table likely for us this year, I think, unless Whyte and. Glatzel turn out to be exceptionally good.

12th.

Slap bang in the middle of the pack.

25th