+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Warnock we trust.

Re: In Warnock we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We won't get money for Cunningham, Smithies, Ward or Tomlin. They've hardly kicked a ball for us.
    Tomlin would be good this season I reckon, and we need smithies incase etheridge is injured.....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Of course he’s going to say that and try and appease the fans!!!

Build a team around him? He’s barely given him a chance even though he has delivered goals and assists in the few chances he was given.
    Well, it's something that could easily be refuted. Bobby is still our player after all so hopefully he will correct Warnock then given in theory he could return to us after Warnock has gone.

Otherwise of course these comments will be dismissed as they just don't suit some of the criticisms of Warnock over the last 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Well, it's something that could easily be refuted. Bobby is still our player after all so hopefully he will correct Warnock then given in theory he could return to us after Warnock has gone.

Otherwise of course these comments will be dismissed as they just don't suit some of the criticisms of Warnock over the last 24 hours.
    The loan is just a way of Fulham avoiding FFP and paying for him next season. It’s not for our benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The loan is just a way of Fulham avoiding FFP and paying for him next season. It’s not for our benefit.
    Bobby should have no reservations about putting the record straight then.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Bobby should have no reservations about putting the record straight then.
    Fulham would be really happy if he did that.

Josh Murphy 10m
    Bobby Reid 10m
    Cunningham 3.5m
    Smithies 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 1.5m
    Bogle 0.75m
    Ward 1.6m

I'm probably forgetting someone but that's nearly £40m worth of players he doesn't really fancy. £40m! Warnock has excelled with his free transfers, Bamba, Hoilett, NML, Etheridge, Paterson etc have been superb but every single big money player has flopped for one reason or another.
    Correct, folk are not looking at the bigger picture and are blaming Reid for wanting to a move . There's a pattern that folk need to grasp.

So now we know - Reid wanted to go to Fulham and his agent manipulated it accordingly. We didnt want to sell him initially but whats the point of keeping a player who is unhappy. He had obviously been 'nobbled' in the close season. We will also make a profit on his transfer fee when the option to buy is excercised. Dont know what all the fuss is about. We have two new strikers, three new midfielders, a new winger and two new defenders to watch and hopefully enjoy. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So now we know - Reid wanted to go to Fulham and his agent manipulated it accordingly. We didnt want to sell him initially but whats the point of keeping a player who is unhappy. He had obviously been 'nobbled' in the close season. We will also make a profit on his transfer fee when the option to buy is excercised. Dont know what all the fuss is about. We have two new strikers, three new midfielders, a new winger and two new defenders to watch and hopefully enjoy. Bring it on.
    DML, who of Warnock's money signings have you been impressed with? Not counting this season, as it's too early to tell.

DML, who of Warnock's money signings have you been impressed with? Not counting this season, as it's too early to tell.
    £37m for eight players in this day and age is peanuts. Buying any player is a gamble. You have to pay the going rate at the time in order to get them. We are also working within a budget. I have enjoyed watching all of the players that he has signed apart from Smithies, who I havent seen enough of to form an opinion. What they cost is irrelevent - when we signed Madine we were desperate for a striker and probably paid over the odds but it was worth it, as we went up. If we sold all of those players now we would make a profit, apart from Madine probably. I judge the success of a manager on where we were when he arrived and what has happened since and on any measure his tenure has been a success - he has given me my club back and more enjoyment in the last three years than the previous twenty. He has my respect and doesnt deserve the slagging off that a small group of people on here regularly give him.
    PS. He took a player worth nothing when he arrived (Zohore) and just sold him for £8m but nobody ever mentions that.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    £37m for eight players in this day and age is peanuts. Buying any player is a gamble. You have to pay the going rate at the time in order to get them. We are also working within a budget. I have enjoyed watching all of the players that he has signed apart from Smithies, who I havent seen enough of to form an opinion. What they cost is irrelevent - when we signed Madine we were desperate for a striker and probably paid over the odds but it was worth it, as we went up. If we sold all of those players now we would make a profit, apart from Madine probably. I judge the success of a manager on where we were when he arrived and what has happened since and on any measure his tenure has been a success - he has given me my club back and more enjoyment in the last three years than the previous twenty. He has my respect and doesnt deserve the slagging off that a small group of people on here regularly give him.
    This is laughable. If you look through my posts, I'm incredibly pro Warnock but you really think we'll turn a profit on Smithies and Cunningham you need to give your head a wobble. As you say, Madine, who cares? We went up. This is a wider issue though, every time he opens his chequebook the player flops.

This is nonsense of course. Compared to bigger clubs Cardiff's record of signing expensive lemons isn't that bad. Klopp has bought a few in between the successful ones hasn't he ?

If you've got ambition you've got to take chances and we can't yet afford to buy ready made stars for £40m.

Reid had every potential to become a real star and at £10m it was worth a punt in today's ridiculous market for players. In fact at that level the handful of premiership goals he got were worth it, particularly since they'll get the money back from Fulham in the end.

Both Smithies and Cunningham were needed for cover at the time of signing and again ,these are the prices you have to pay today even for bench players. What you're saying is that it wasn't worth insuring your car last year because you didn't have a crash.

The manager has also brought in a number of players who've turned out to be great value so perhaps you might take that into account if you're trying to work out player expenditure .

The test of a manager is what he achieves, and Sir Neil has achieved more for us than anyone in living memory .

This is laughable. If you look through my posts, I'm incredibly pro Warnock but you really think we'll turn a profit on Smithies and Cunningham you need to give your head a wobble. As you say, Madine, who cares? We went up. This is a wider issue though, every time he opens his chequebook the player flops.
    The fees paid are irrelevant to me. Its not my money or yours, its Vincent Tans and presumably he is quite happy with NW as he sanctions the purchases and continues to employ him. Fees are influenced by many factors. I am only interested if the player is any good and performs well when picked. As I said, the fees paid out are peanuts compared to some that other teams have paid. I would be confident that we would get them back if we sold now. Where are you going to get experienced under contract players like Smithies and Cunningham for less than £3.5m ? Why isn't Warnock given credit for the £7.5m profit on Zohore ? We got a seven figure loan fee and promotion bonus for Madine off Sheff Utd as well. The players on the list are all current assets on the balance sheet.