+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Warnock we trust.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

In Warnock we trust.

Penarth Blues wrote:

"The last thing I find incredible is that anyone would think that NW would choose to deliberately pick a crap squad for what could easily be his last season as a manager. We may disagree with his signings and methods but I'd back his judgement of a player over anyone posting on this board any day."

Sums my feelings up entirely.

Reid, according to some posters, has not had a good pre-season.

Apparently his performance at Wigan was considered, by many who went, poor.

Conjecture: Warnock may have had a go at the team after the match and it may have been the last straw for Reid.

Had Cardiff won, would Neil have had a rant? Would Reid still be a Bluebird?

Last year the chant for Reid included: "He hates Bristol"

I suspect this sort of pathetic posturing may have been another reason why Reid wanted to move on.

Good deal since he will not be able to play against us this season.

Re: In Warnock we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Penarth Blues wrote:

"The last thing I find incredible is that anyone would think that NW would choose to deliberately pick a crap squad for what could easily be his last season as a manager. We may disagree with his signings and methods but I'd back his judgement of a player over anyone posting on this board any day."

Sums my feelings up entirely.

Reid, according to some posters, has not had a good pre-season.

Apparently his performance at Wigan was considered, by many who went, poor.

Conjecture: Warnock may have had a go at the team after the match and it may have been the last straw for Reid.

Had Cardiff won, would Neil have had a rant? Would Reid still be a Bluebird?

Last year the chant for Reid included: "He hates Bristol"

I suspect this sort of pathetic posturing may have been another reason why Reid wanted to move on.

Good deal since he will not be able to play against us this season.
    Good post

We all know about “one bad apple”

As I said in another thread, “Reid should have buried that chance at Wigan last week”

Looking back, he did seem a bit disinterested

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Good post

We all know about “one bad apple”

As I said in another thread, “Reid should have buried that chance at Wigan last week”

Looking back, he did seem a bit disinterested
    So disinterested he set up the equaliser

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So disinterested he set up the equaliser
    When he missed that chance, he just shrugged his shoulders as if it was a pre season friendly

We may disagree with his signings and methods but I'd back his judgement of a player over anyone posting on this board any day
    Josh Murphy 10m
    Bobby Reid 10m
    Cunningham 3.5m
    Smithies 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 1.5m
    Bogle 0.75m
    Ward 1.6m

I'm probably forgetting someone but that's nearly £40m worth of players he doesn't really fancy. £40m! Warnock has excelled with his free transfers, Bamba, Hoilett, NML, Etheridge, Paterson etc have been superb but every single big money player has flopped for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Josh Murphy 10m
    Bobby Reid 10m
    Cunningham 3.5m
    Smithies 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 1.5m
    Bogle 0.75m
    Ward 1.6m

I'm probably forgetting someone but that's nearly £40m worth of players he doesn't really fancy. £40m! Warnock has excelled with his free transfers, Bamba, Hoilett, NML, Etheridge, Paterson etc have been superb but every single big money player has flopped for one reason or another.
    Damning

Hmmmm interesting, after a nights sleep I’m starting to wonder if our Neil is just very astute, far from not wanting promotion, he’s not taking risks in players like zohore and bobby? He knows a tough defence will get you far in this league so he gets in pack to cover the defence, another striker, far cheaper than bobby or zohore who hardly score much do they? A risk, a gamble, but let’s face it, it always is....

Josh Murphy 10m
    Bobby Reid 10m
    Cunningham 3.5m
    Smithies 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 1.5m
    Bogle 0.75m
    Ward 1.6m

Well, there is a chance we could recoup most of that. A crucial season for the biggest three in there mind.....look at zohore, 8 million and I can’t remember his last proper goal....

Josh Murphy 10m
    Bobby Reid 10m
    Cunningham 3.5m
    Smithies 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 1.5m
    Bogle 0.75m
    Ward 1.6m

..but, but, his judgement of players is very good, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Hmmmm interesting, after a nights sleep I’m starting to wonder if our Neil is just very astute, far from not wanting promotion, he’s not taking risks in players like zohore and bobby? He knows a tough defence will get you far in this league so he gets in pack to cover the defence, another striker, far cheaper than bobby or zohore who hardly score much do they? A risk, a gamble, but let’s face it, it always is....
    Bobby had 5 goals and 2 assists in the Premier League in16 starts. He was bought for a return to the championship where he got 19 goals and 7 assists the last time he played in this division.

1 assist this season in 1 game but no he doesnt deliver goals.

Let’s get rid of him and bring in a player who can’t even get in the Birmingham team because he played well against us once.

What a fantastic idea.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Josh Murphy 10m
    Bobby Reid 10m
    Cunningham 3.5m
    Smithies 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 1.5m
    Bogle 0.75m
    Ward 1.6m

I dare say that similar lists may apply to other teams.

Perhaps £40m overall on so many players is underwhelming. Football is a business.

The £40m was spent on players that the 'committee' fancied at the time.

I suspect that each signing had to be unaminously agreed at the time by Warnock, Tan & Choo.

Bobby had 5 goals and 2 assists in the Premier League in16 starts. He was bought for a return to the championship where he got 19 goals and 7 assists the last time he played in this division.

Let’s get rid of him and bring in a player who can’t even get in the Birmingham team because he played well against us once.

What a fantastic idea.
    I don't believe he was signed for a return to the championship, its pretty much an impossible task.

I believe he was signed on a budget to do a job in the Premiership, then Camarasa became an option, he was signed and the limited Reid's opportunity.

By having limited opportunity it soured Reid's experience here, and whilst us fans wanted him to succeed here, the individual experience/ability to settle, desire to play for the club diminished over last season. Whilst not ideal its hard to blame any individual for this, its all part of parcel of managing human beings.

Josh Murphy 10m
    Bobby Reid 10m
    Cunningham 3.5m
    Smithies 3.5m
    Madine 6m
    Tomlin 1.5m
    Bogle 0.75m
    Ward 1.6m

Its unfair to include Ward, the manager did like him, however he suffered a serious injury and on his return the club had moved on. He still got game time in the Premier League.

Perhaps £40m overall on so many players is underwhelming. Football is a business.

I suspect that each signing had to be unaminously agreed at the time by Warnock, Tan & Choo.
    That's every big signing we've signed, that is not normal. Why is the committee, which is Warnock plus 3 directors signing players? There's a 0% chance Warnock will allow anyone else to dictate players to him as well.

Re goats, Reid has been loaned, Cunningham has been loaned, Smithies is rotting in the reserves, Madine was loaned and now is probably 3rd choice, Tomlin was loaned at a loss on his wages, Bogle was loaned but has clawed his way back in (to his credit), and Ward wasn't even brought on when we were losing to Wigan. So much waste and we'll take a loss on nearly all of them.

Warnock had the footballing input. You don't think Tan and Choo would discuss if a player was a good defensive midfielder or whether a player was good at passing the balls through the channels? They just gave the rubber stamp on the financial side of things. So when a player comes to us and later it's decided he "doesn't fit", then that's squarely at the feet of Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Its unfair to include Ward, the manager did like him, however he suffered a serious injury and on his return the club had moved on. He still got game time in the Premier League.
    He's now our 5th choice striker. The fact he got game time in the Premier League is a reflection on our striking options, not him.

That's every big signing we've signed, that is not normal. Why is the committee, which is Warnock plus 3 directors signing players? There's a 0% chance Warnock will allow anyone else to dictate players to him as well.

Re goats, Reid has been loaned, Cunningham has been loaned, Smithies is rotting in the reserves, Madine was loaned and now is probably 3rd choice, Tomlin was loaned at a loss on his wages, Bogle was loaned but has clawed his way back in (to his credit), and Ward wasn't even brought on when we were losing to Wigan. So much waste and we'll take a loss on nearly all of them.
    Madine aside I reckon we will get decent money for most of them. Cunningham should maybe have been given a better go

I don't believe he was signed for a return to the championship, its pretty much an impossible task.

I believe he was signed on a budget to do a job in the Premiership, then Camarasa became an option, he was signed and the limited Reid's opportunity.

By having limited opportunity it soured Reid's experience here, and whilst us fans wanted him to succeed here, the individual experience/ability to settle, desire to play for the club diminished over last season. Whilst not ideal its hard to blame any individual for this, its all part of parcel of managing human beings.
    Disagree

Before a ball was even kicked Warnock was talking about going back down stronger.

Last summers dealings in no way gave us a chance of staying in the Prem and that’s why a lot of slack was cut his way as at least if we went down we had signed players proven in this division and would be stronger for a promotion push this year. Strength in depth and better players.

Warnock himself kept quoting the Burnley model.

Even in January we signed Bacuna on a 4.5 year deal. Don’t tell me that wasn’t a signing for relegation.

Fast forward 12 months and the only player to really get a look in is Murphy and he’s been in and out of the team with Warnock not afraid to have a go at him in the press.

All in all our transfer dealings as far back as Madine in Jan 18 have been a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Madine aside I reckon we will get decent money for most of them. Cunningham should maybe have been given a better go
    We won't get money for Cunningham, Smithies, Ward or Tomlin. They've hardly kicked a ball for us.

Disagree

Before a ball was even kicked Warnock was talking about going back down stronger.

Last summers dealings in no way gave us a chance of staying in the Prem and that’s why a lot of slack was cut his way as at least if we went down we had signed players proven in this division and would be stronger for a promotion push this year. Strength in depth and better players.

Warnock himself kept quoting the Burnley model.

Even in January we signed Bacuna on a 4.5 year deal. Don’t tell me that wasn’t a signing for relegation.

Fast forward 12 months and the only player to really get a look in is Murphy and he’s been in and out of the team with Warnock not afraid to have a go at him in the press.

All in all our transfer dealings as far back as Madine in Jan 18 have been a shambles.

True!

Murphy must be feeling like an endangered species living on borrowed time.. pace & movement - we can't be having any of that! I bet Hoilett starts instead of him Saturday to compound the frustration fans feel about all the wasted money.

What a fantastic idea.
    According to another thread Warnock has said he wanted to keep him and play him.

Neil Warnock has said himself that the choice became Decordova-Reid or Camarasa, but I believe there are plenty of managers, especially younger ones, who would have thought those two are in, now how do I work the rest around them? Warnock, rightly, gets plenty of credit for our promotion, but seems to get away Scot free with many when it comes to our relegation. Camarasa or Decordova-Reid did not work last season because we got relegated - Fulham away was a microcosm of so much that was wrong with us last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    According to another thread Warnock has said he wanted to keep him and play him.
    Of course he’s going to say that and try and appease the fans!!!

Build a team around him? He’s barely given him a chance even though he has delivered goals and assists in the few chances he was given.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Neil Warnock has said himself that the choice became Decordova-Reid or Camarasa, but I believe there are plenty of managers, especially younger ones, who would have thought those two are in, now how do I work the rest around them? Warnock, rightly, gets plenty of credit for our promotion, but seems to get away Scot free with many when it comes to our relegation. Camarasa or Decordova-Reid did not work last season because we got relegated - Fulham away was a microcosm of so much that was wrong with us last season.
    Considering how many posters have declared they want him gone after 1 game this season I'd hardly say he's come away scot free.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It depends, in my opinion we fared better last season than i and many other pundits expected. Again in our promotion season we fared better than expectations again.

Fulham away was a bad game, yes agreed, but in my opinion the season was a decent effort without blowing the budget.

Whilst i can see the opposing viewpoint on Warnock, and my preference would have been to keep Reid i do feel some posters are losing a sense or perspective on this issue.