+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UK economy shrinks for the first time in six years

UK economy shrinks for the first time in six years

- The UK economy contracted 0.2% between April and June, its worst performance since 2012, the Office for National Statistics said. - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49290926

This is the start of it, boys!

I predict within the next two years there'll be more beggars and homeless people than shoppers in Queen Street.

It'll be the same planet-wide because the world's financial system is being held up with toothpicks.

The imminent economic apocalypse was foreseen in a 1981 film titled Rollover.

Re: UK economy shrinks for the first time in six years

I further predict that Taunton Blue Genie, a lifelong atheist, will become a raving Bible wallah. During waking hours he'll be on his knees with hands clasped beseeching God, the Lord and anyone else he can think of to bring forth salvation.

Well it’s what you’ve wanted so get down lidls, buy some tinned food and enjoy Brexit!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Well it’s what you’ve wanted so get down lidls, buy some tinned food and enjoy Brexit!

We just need to believe more? Either that or subscribe to the Church of Islington and look forward to a "jobs first Brexit" (whatever the fúck that means)

Global recessions seem to occur over a cycle lasting between eight and 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I further predict that Taunton Blue Genie, a lifelong atheist, will become a raving Bible wallah. During waking hours he'll be on his knees with hands clasped beseeching God, the Lord and anyone else he can think of to bring forth salvation.

There's more chance of you becoming an optimist, OM!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There's more chance of you becoming an optimist, OM!
    🤣🤣🤣

We're talking depression ahead, not another ho-hum recession. The next trick to prolong what's become known as the 'everything bubble' will be the introduction of negative nominal interest rates to ensure credit becomes even cheaper so as to keep feeding the bubble for when it deflates then pops there'll be chaos.

Some basic precautions might include keeping savings in a bank account at a bare minimum and building a stock of long lasting food and consumables.

We're talking depression ahead, not another ho-hum recession. The next trick to prolong what's become known as the 'everything bubble' will be the introduction of negative nominal interest rates to ensure credit becomes even cheaper so as to keep feeding the bubble for when it deflates then pops there'll be chaos.

Some basic precautions might include keeping savings in a bank account at a bare minimum and building a stock of long lasting food and consumables.
    I've kept my green shield stamps in readiness.

Signs of planet-wide financial and economic doom are everywhere today... Deutsche Bank's share price is bombing again along with the Yank 10-year treasury yield and stock markets are tanking. In addition to my suggestions of yesterday, add investing whatever you can comfortably afford in home security measures because post-collapse it won't be long before angry and hungry hordes appear.

Signs of planet-wide financial and economic doom are everywhere today... Deutsche Bank's share price is bombing again along with the Yank 10-year treasury yield and stock markets are tanking. In addition to my suggestions of yesterday, add investing whatever you can comfortably afford in home security measures because post-collapse it won't be long before angry and hungry hordes appear.
    Apart from gold, where would you move your cash, old fruit?

Tricky question to answer. Home safe is at risk from fire. Burying in the ground will turn cash to mush within weeks. A bank's safety deposit box could easily be subject to capital controls in a panic.

Market trader and financial analyst Greg Mannarino is spooked by today's developments as this video he posted earlier on demonstrates. Impressive that it has 16,000 views in just four hours.